Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's First Paywall

Mad5cout

1 hour ago, Kuldor said:

Care to give me a source on that "pretty much guaranteed"?

I certainly doubt we are going to need items from a timed event (even if it repeats) to get a warframe.

in defense of "just buy it with plat" guys 24.4 patchnotes where buried debts were introduced explicitly states that fissures are here to stay

6fde02b284.png

disclaimer: this doesnt mean i agree that it's okay to have hyldrin being impossible to farm albeit temporarily since i have virtually no reason to do these fissures ever again until i have exact numbers of diluted thermia needed to acquire hyldrin and i already got opticor vandal from the event + i did all the scans

Edited by Pro3Display
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kuldor said:

Care to give me a source on that "pretty much guaranteed"?

I certainly doubt we are going to need items from a timed event (even if it repeats) to get a warframe.

source is common sense. connect the dots. they introduced this resource that has no use, is gained from an event thats tied to exploiter orb(you get the coolant canisters from spawns of exploiter orb) which is supposed to drop the frames parts. and its not like they cant put up alternatives to gather the resource.

platinum is an in game earn-able resource.

If you are on xbox and dont have gold (not sure about PS) you cannot even "earn" plat by trading so as someone already said it is not by default an ingame earn-able resource.

Also

You don't get warframes released for plat only and then introduced into the game 2 weeks later?

If the end result is the same does it really matter?

If you wanted Baruuk the day he launched and had made NO progress in Fortuna that would take over 2 weeks aswell (not counting building times)

32k for blueprint
59k for parts 

91k 4 days if MR 20+

Old  mate
5 + 22 + 44 + 70 + 99 = 240k = 12 days

Edited by (XB1)Dic3man

4 hours ago, Kuldor said:

vauban was introduced in the game at the same time he was available for purchase, the way to obtain him was RNG and timed, but he was in the game. Do you know how are we going to obtain hyldrin? NO, because she is NOT in the game, AT ALL. She may be even worse than vauban, she may have a 0.001% drop chance, we have no #*!%ing clue, because she has NOT been introduced in the game.

Wat? You mean that Vauban being in the game but completely unobtainable, possibly for months (I know people who were trying for months to get him and unable), is somehow "oh he was totally obtainable at any given moment if you felt like farming for him because he was in the game"? You know what unobtainable means? At any given time all of his parts were not in the game AT ALL. In fact as far as I can tell there was never a point where someone could just collect all of his parts at the same time. So if you wanted him, either you could buy him or sit down and wait. 

Same thing. Exact same thing. And from the level of your whining about having to wait for an unknown time to obtain what you wanted, I am wondering how much he cost you?

Yeah, so you're wrong and you're either unable to tell the truth about remembering how that worked, or you are a visitor from some parallel universe where people are unable to tell when the two systems they're looking at are pretty similar. So please no more "oh but he was available the entire time when people just flat out couldn't get his parts because I'm not sure I grasp what 'available' means". The only way to have guaranteed that you could get him at any moment was to pay. 

Same thing, and yet most people somehow got him, didn't they? Maybe everyone was just less entitled before this last update. 

She may be even worse than vauban, she may have a 0.001% drop chance, we have no #*!%ing clue, because she has NOT been introduced in the game.

So you are all right with making up alarmist numbers when you are happy admitting that you don't know? If an acorn falls on your head, and you don't know what it is, would you also run trying to convince people that "maybe" the sky was falling? 

Because that's what you are trying to pull. Didn't work out for chicken little. Maybe you should adopt a "wait and see" approach? You know, instead of working yourself into a state over numbers that you just made up in your own head? 

something present in the game =/= something not present in the game

Sorry, my Vauban that I didn't pay for, is rolling on the floor, laughing at that part. He's scratching his paint work. I even tried to offer him baguette and it hasn't calmed him down. Could you please stop making ridiculous comments that actually contradict the point you were trying to make earlier, so he will at least be able to draw a breath from time to time? 

It's not a paywall since it will be available for anyone without paying. Also, with the amount of special operations and loophole jumps we hae to make between the events and Nightwave it's actually better, less overwhelming.

I *am* pondering on buying Hyldrin but I'll wait to complete the Events.

• Like 1

Could you stop using Vauban to justify this? Everyone pretty much agrees that Vauban's farm is a horrible system, yet people here are like "You already got f*cked in the past so it's fine getting f*cked again".

il y a une heure, den2k a dit :

It's not a paywall since it will be available for anyone without paying. Also, with the amount of special operations and loophole jumps we hae to make between the events and Nightwave it's actually better, less overwhelming.

I *am* pondering on buying Hyldrin but I'll wait to complete the Events.

That's called a temporary paywall. Would have been a waitwall if it was not purchasable in plat, which is what, and which is why it is a paywall. 

On 2019-03-09 at 5:52 PM, Mad5cout said:

Can I just point out that the most recent update is one of the first times we have seen mainline content hidden behind a platinum paywall?  It is currently not possible to unlock Hildryn without paying platinum, creating a delayed release profit-making scheme that, to my knowledge, has not happened yet in Warframe.  Am I overstating this?  To me, this comes off like a major betrayal to the commitment DE has long made to its player base.  To me, this comes off as pay to win (first).  While we will all get access to the content eventually, this is a significant change to their content release practices.

Am I the only one seeing this?

i would consider a paywall when im forced to spend real money to get something.. Last i played wf i could just farm plat easy mode.

Sell primed parts/mod

sell mods

sell special weapons

Warframe is till free to play, but only if youre a ninja

• Like 1

il y a 2 minutes, Insane-Mana a dit :

i would consider a paywall when im forced to spend real money to get something.. Last i played wf i could just farm plat easy mode.

Sell primed parts/mod

sell mods

sell special weapons

Warframe is till free to play, but only if youre a ninja

How easy it is to obtain doesn't change the fact that it is a premium currency. Platinum is not a farmable ressource, it comes only from the players' pockets.

1 minute ago, Ultimatesoup said:

How easy it is to obtain doesn't change the fact that it is a premium currency. Platinum is not a farmable ressource, it comes only from the players' pockets.

Then farm it from players who spend money on warframe. Point is you dont have to spend a single penny in order to get plat if you dont want to. And here's another thing i just like to add, warframes rates on real money vs plat is more than fair. players get discount's up to 75% as a login reward lol, what other game does that. 

Lastly i wanna say ( and DE will hate me for this ) but if people have real issues with the way they monetize their game, then go play some thing else. I hear Anthem is nice lol

bye

il y a 1 minute, Insane-Mana a dit :

Then farm it from players who spend money on warframe. Point is you dont have to spend a single penny in order to get plat if you dont want to. And here's another thing i just like to add, warframes rates on real money vs plat is more than fair. players get discount's up to 75% as a login reward lol, what other game does that. 

Lastly i wanna say ( and DE will hate me for this ) but if people have real issues with the way they monetize their game, then go play some thing else. I hear Anthem is nice lol

bye

75% discounts bring prices to a reasonable levels, it's actually horrendous how prices are high without them.

This paywall is imposed on all players. To say "farm it from players who spend money" basically means that players needs to adapt because DE is getting more greedy, and can become even more greedier since the majority of players seem fine with this.

And since you are fine lowering your pants and bending in front of DE, you can shove in that Ad Hominem where it belongs to. Because we are merely customers, it's not like we have something to say about the game right?

1 hour ago, Ultimatesoup said:

Could you stop using Vauban to justify this? Everyone pretty much agrees that Vauban's farm is a horrible system, yet people here are like "You already got f*cked in the past so it's fine getting f*cked again".

That's called a temporary paywall. Would have been a waitwall if it was not purchasable in plat, which is what, and which is why it is a paywall. 

Nope. 

And nope. 

Paywall means that you won't get it until you pay. That's not the case here. So the entire basis of the whining is false and ridiculously so. 

il y a 1 minute, (PS4)guzmantt1977 a dit :

Nope. 

And nope. 

Paywall means that you won't get it until you pay. That's not the case here. So the entire basis of the whining is false and ridiculously so. 

Now read the second part of what I have said.

If you have already read what I have said, answer like you already did.

20 minutes ago, Ultimatesoup said:

And since you are fine lowering your pants and bending in front of DE, you can shove in that Ad Hominem where it belongs to. Because we are merely customers, it's not like we have something to say about the game right?

And what ad hominem attack was made in the post you quoted? 

• Like 1

Just now, Ultimatesoup said:

Now read the second part of what I have said.

If you have already read what I have said, answer like you already did.

Ok:

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Now what? 

il y a 1 minute, (PS4)guzmantt1977 a dit :

And what ad hominem attack was made in the post you quoted? 

The "If you are not satisfied play something else" bs argument that keeps coming over and over again.

il y a 2 minutes, (PS4)guzmantt1977 a dit :

Ok:

Now what? 

Now you answer.

8 minutes ago, Ultimatesoup said:

The "If you are not satisfied play something else" bs argument that keeps coming over and over again.

That's not an ad hominem attack. Maybe you should check what that means before you go accusing people of something and using it to justify vulgarity of your own. 

8 minutes ago, Ultimatesoup said:

Now you answer.

I did. Exactly as I did before. I'll do it again:

16 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Again, maybe the problem is that you just don't know what the terms being used mean? 

It's really not hard to earn plat. People are always trading for rare mods, syndicate items, prime parts, gems, fish, pet imprints and patterns, rivens (a good riven roll could get you several thousand plat). Spend a few days trading, and you will be able to get anything you want.

DE are not greedy. They let people earn the paid currency by playing the game, instead of making it so the only way to get plat is by paying real money. Combine that with a 50% or 75% login discount and you can make your plat last a really long time. The whole idea is to hold onto your plat until you get a discount and make it go as far as possible. It's even better now with Nightwave because the rewards include weapon and frame slots which used to be plat only.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheMostFrench said:

It's really not hard to earn plat. People are always trading for rare mods, syndicate items, prime parts, gems, fish, pet imprints and patterns, rivens (a good riven roll could get you several thousand plat). Spend a few days trading, and you will be able to get anything you want.

DE are not greedy. They let people earn the paid currency by playing the game, instead of making it so the only way to get plat is by paying real money. Combine that with a 50% or 75% login discount and you can make your plat last a really long time. The whole idea is to hold onto your plat until you get a discount and make it go as far as possible. It's even better now with Nightwave because the rewards include weapon and frame slots which used to be plat only.

And we do not even need to do that. All that's going to be needed is a modicum of patience. 

From the way some people are carrying on, you'd swear that it's "a modicum of patience and both of your kidneys" but I suppose that's just how they react whenever instant gratification is not an option. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

snip

The fact that the only thing you can say to justify this is "but vauban, vauban, but my vauban..." is laughable at best. A warframe released 6 #*!%ing years ago.

"Hey, they #*!%ed us once 6 years ago, it was so nice I want to get #*!%ed again :D"

At this point I don't even know if you are a troll or you are just angry with the world, both are equally sad.

The #*!% is wrong with console players mentality? most of those I see defending this crap are console players, do you really like to get #*!%ed by companies this much? paying to play online, paying extra for worse versions of games, early access doesn't matter... Jesus #*!%, get some dignity as a customer, I don't care the platform you use, don't think this is a pc masterrace crap post, but when that submissive customer mentality affects me, it pisses me off to no end.

You want to bend over for any company? fine, but at least don't go against those trying to get better deals and better services FOR YOU.

Edited by Kuldor

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

From the way some people are carrying on, you'd swear that it's "a modicum of patience and both of your kidneys" but I suppose that's just how they react whenever instant gratification is not an option. 

I will not say all new players are the same, but i see this allot. And not just in wf. People want it and they want it now! And when they cant get it they feel the need to complain here and not listen to reason.

As a vet let me say this to all new players:

I've got almost 2000 hours of playtime in the game, and i still do not have every thing in the game ( not counting steam items ). In this game you have to farm farm and farm some more, then when you think you are there you need to farm again. WF is not just about missions, its about trading and choosing where to spend your time. And if you are the kind of play who wants every thing NOW then you either pay or are in for a bad time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kuldor said:

The fact that the only thing you can say to justify this is "but vauban, vauban, but my vauban..." is laughable at best. A warframe released 6 #*!%ing years ago.

"Hey, they #*!%ed us once 6 years ago, it was so nice I want to get #*!%ed again :D"

At this point I don't even know if you are a troll or you are just angry with the world, both are equally sad.

The #*!% is wrong with console players mentality? most of those I see defending this crap are console players, do you really like to get #*!%ed by companies this much? paying to play online, paying extra for worse versions of games, early access doesn't matter... Jesus #*!%, get some dignity as a customer, I don't care the platform you use, don't think this is a pc masterrace crap post, but when that submissive customer mentality affects me, it pisses me off to no end.

You want to bend over for any company? fine, but at least don't go against those trying to get better deals and better services FOR YOU.

only one angry here is you lol