Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's First Paywall

Mad5cout

5 hours ago, (XB1)Dic3man said:

If you are on xbox and dont have gold (not sure about PS) you cannot even "earn" plat by trading so as someone already said it is not by default an ingame earn-able resource.

Also

If the end result is the same does it really matter?

If you wanted Baruuk the day he launched and had made NO progress in Fortuna that would take over 2 weeks aswell (not counting building times)

32k for blueprint
59k for parts 

91k 4 days if MR 20+

Old  mate
5 + 22 + 44 + 70 + 99 = 240k = 12 days

You are assuming hildryn will be completely obtainable on day 1?

For all you know she may be exactly like baruuk with the added 2 weeks we are waiting now.

1 minute ago, Kuldor said:

The fact that the only thing you can say to justify this is "but vauban, vauban, but my vauban..." is laughable at best. A warframe released 6 #*!%ing years ago.

"Hey, they #*!%ed us once 6 years ago, it was so nice I want to get #*!%ed again :D"

At this point I don't even know if you are a troll or you are just angry with the world, both are equally sad.

No I said that my Vauban that I didn't pay for, and had to wait for the parts to be made available is rolling on the laughing at your claims that you have to wait 2 weeks, and that nothing in the game ever worked that way before. 

And you could easily click on my name to see if I was around 6 years ago. (Hint, I wasn't, but then neither were you.)

But since you are willing to accept that it's been like that for a long time, that suggests that you realise that your claims are ridiculous, and I'm guessing that's why you are losing your temper and all of those weird symbols are showing up in your post. 

Now tell me, were you around for Valkyr's release, because I am given to understand that it was similar in that you had to wait for the parts to become farmable. 

So.. Yeah. Neither of those was a paywall. You could pay and avoid waiting, or not. 

Exactly the same. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Insane-Mana said:

I will not say all new players are the same, but i see this allot. And not just in wf. People want it and they want it now! And when they cant get it they feel the need to complain here and not listen to reason.

As a vet let me say this to all new players:

I've got almost 2000 hours of playtime in the game, and i still do not have every thing in the game ( not counting steam items ). In this game you have to farm farm and farm some more, then when you think you are there you need to farm again. WF is not just about missions, its about trading and choosing where to spend your time. And if you are the kind of play who wants every thing NOW then you either pay or are in for a bad time.

i've been in the game for a while, and i have enough plat to buy hyldrin right now if i wanted to.

thing is in games like this time = money , i could spend "money" in the sense of platinum, but i want to experience the story behind the frame's farm too, especially since rn i have more time than money available for me. 

and here we come to a problem where those who spend money get the frame right away but those who want to experience it got a nice "you already did what you were asked to do, please hold on the line and listen to chill elevator music" in their face.

if DE made it so a player could run a recurring mission required to progress the event bar "cant get for free backlash" wouldn't happen (e.g. if progress depended on amount of fissures closed)

if DE made it so a player could buy parts from little duck until the boss is in the game "cant get for free backlash" wouldn't happen (would be some upset people who would say something about having to do boss fights now but DE switched drop tables of frames like that multiple times before and 99.9% of people wouldn't mind it at all)

30 minutes ago, Kuldor said:

-snip-

i suggest you chill a bit, regardless of if they are right or wrong insults won't get anything moving

Edited by Pro3Display
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Kuldor said:

You are assuming hildryn will be completely obtainable on day 1?

For all you know she may be exactly like baruuk with the added 2 weeks we are waiting now.

Well you can already buy the blueprint (although it requires all the prereqs that Baruuk has Old mate etc, so if you are not prepared it would take even longer).
Since the BP is from Little Duck in the first place this should be a non issue though.

And the drops are from the orb when it finally appears (so basically when he appears you can grind it day 1 if you would like).
I guess its possible to extend the timer even more with some rare materials that are timegated in some way to build her though but I doubt it.

Chassis Blueprint 38.72% 6 – 7 27 ± 9
Neuroptics Blueprint 38.72%
Systems Blueprint 22.56%
Edited by (XB1)Dic3man

On 2019-03-09 at 1:04 PM, NovusNova said:

To me, would only be a paywall if they never give access it unless you pay money.

The "event" she is farmed in will be around every so often like Plague Star so its not "farm her during event or never get her without platinum for X number of years".

as far as i remember, the plague star only happened 4 or 5 times since PoE released. Thats not exactly reasuring, given that the plague star barely gives mods of fringe use, while hyldrin is a whole frame.

2 hours ago, el_chanis said:

as far as i remember, the plague star only happened 4 or 5 times since PoE released. Thats not exactly reasuring, given that the plague star barely gives mods of fringe use, while hyldrin is a whole frame.

Plague Star has happened 3 times ever on PC. Actually, extrapolating from the previous dates, it is already overdue to reoccur.

They have said that the Hildryn event will be more like the Ghouls event than Plague Star in frequency. They say it will be very similar to getting Inaros from Baro. There are a few issues with this comparison:

• Baro is scheduled. Players know in advance when he will be available, to the minute, and can plan accordingly. Ghouls does happen regularly, but players do not know in advance exactly when it will occur, and thus cannot plan for it, only react once it is live.
  • All one has to do is buy the Sand of Inaros BP from Baro, and they can do the rest of that quest on their own time. With Ducats stacked in advance, if a player were pressed for time, they could log in for 5 minutes when Baro is live and buy that BP, then log out again. Compare that to Hildryn, where the player must get 3 randomly dropped BPs from a roughly 20 minute boss fight, which can only be done while the event is live.
  • The Sands of Inaros BP is tradeable, which gives players a third alternative between buy from market or wait. No parts of Hildryn are tradeable at all, so no other alternative exists.

Running the event at the Ghouls frequency is good, but comparing Hildryn to Inaros is a bit of a [Stretch].

il y a 58 minutes, Knowmad762 a dit :

Plague Star has happened 3 times ever on PC. Actually, extrapolating from the previous dates, it is already overdue to reoccur.

They have said that the Hildryn event will be more like the Ghouls event than Plague Star in frequency. They say it will be very similar to getting Inaros from Baro. There are a few issues with this comparison:

• Baro is scheduled. Players know in advance when he will be available, to the minute, and can plan accordingly. Ghouls does happen regularly, but players do not know in advance exactly when it will occur, and thus cannot plan for it, only react once it is live.
  • All one has to do is buy the Sand of Inaros BP from Baro, and they can do the rest of that quest on their own time. With Ducats stacked in advance, if a player were pressed for time, they could log in for 5 minutes when Baro is live and buy that BP, then log out again. Compare that to Hildryn, where the player must get 3 randomly dropped BPs from a roughly 20 minute boss fight, which can only be done while the event is live.
  • The Sands of Inaros BP is tradeable, which gives players a third alternative between buy from market or wait. No parts of Hildryn are tradeable at all, so no other alternative exists.

Running the event at the Ghouls frequency is good, but comparing Hildryn to Inaros is a bit of a [Stretch].

Indeed. The difference might not be that big, that doesn't change the fact that DE is slowly but steadily going in a very unpleasant direction.

On 2019-03-09 at 5:04 PM, Tangent-Valley said:

DE sets up new Frames like this:

1. Content/Grind that takes at least a Day to do
  2. Part's Blueprint takes 12 hours to craft (24 hours for some folks, who won't be online when it finishes and must wait till they're back online
  3. Once parts are finished, THREE DAYS for final build of Frame to finish. (Plus Frame Slot required to pull it out of Foundry)

This "Paywall" has always been there, and it's called "Pay now, Have now. Wait now, have later".

It seems DE has set it up for, once the community works together and cracks something open (Est. Time, next weekend), we will unlock the ability to farm the thing to get her.

Not to mention things like alternate helmets. It's always been a thing that these are locked behind about a month of wait before they even appear able to be acquired from alerts or now nightwave, before then if you want them you must fork it over for the market price.

I think it's fair enough that they do something to encourage people to spend if they want it early, considering they need to survive to be able to provide this otherwise free game. I personally were fine waiting to farm her myself and today I picked her up from my foundry.

4 minutes ago, Warfoxzero said:

Most people don't see a problem with buying inventory space with only plat, or really having to buy inventory space in the first place.

Tell you now alot of those players who run off after a few MR's to never return would of probably stayed around if the allowance of starting slots was increased, say 5 frames and 10 weapons, 2 sentient and 2 Pets. People like to hold onto things and throwing them into the world of trade and plat that early damages retention.