Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to Join group in Orb Vallis [Investigating]

thekevinater

1 hour ago, Krumnaug said:

This has been happening to me as well.  I've been unable to complete the current event because of it.  

Any idea if DE is actually doing anything about this?

Nothing will be done until they come back after the weekend, possibly first thing Monday.

So I can't be the only who noticed this for the past few days right. 

Alright here's whats going on,from what I've seen and can tell there seems to be more squads open in Orb Vallis because of the Current event(s) right so for me im still in the process of getting Opticor Vandel so im still doing fractures and what not and so when i join public squads literally seconds of joining in some cases on loading screens I immediately get put into a host migration. I'm aware of the Orb fight thingy in the Vallis yeah, but still it seems like as soon as people or in this case the hosts in question see their squad setup they immediately put us through host migrations or some other nonsense.

Has anyone else notice or is it just me...?

same, ill try to connect to an auto matchmake of freeroam orb vallis and the moment the door opens i see the squad names a split second then i get kick out to a broken solo instance. so im stuck unable to finish the last of my thermia runs for the vandal opticor =/

Edited by Darkinian
event that ends soon

The thermia event right now is giving double resources for Vallis drops and they will extend it for another week, the next weekend we will have double resource bonus... so the next weekend we will have x4 resources in Orb Vallis? 😮 😮

Edited by Hastrer

If I enter a mission via "Thermia Fractures" event this happens:

- Finds a squad (Set to public) - begins loading screen with all four squad members

- I spawn in the Vallis, in front of Fortuna (as to be expected)

- I lost my squad during the spawn, I am solo

Now I managed to once have a dude still in the squad chat who just said he is bugged too and then left.

So yea I'm alone in the Vallis and have no chance of getting a squad. If it says "Player joined squad" nothing happens, I'm still solo. And so, after 10 attempts I tried getting the Event done myself, but the Exploiter Orb doesn't spawn at all so I can't get the coolant...

And I tried over a simple public "Free Roam" - but every member of the squad is there for it's own interests so in the end.... four people run off in four different directions...

Now the event for me is unplayable, I will not receive any rewards or anything, very frustrating here too........ maybe I should reinstall the game, but then two weeks would go by without playing and that means the event would be over anyhow. 😡

If I enter a mission via "Thermia Fractures" event this happens:

- Finds a squad (Set to public) - begins loading screen with all four squad members

- I spawn in the Vallis, in front of Fortuna (as to be expected)

- I lost my squad during the spawn, I am solo

Now I managed to once have a dude still in the squad chat who just said he is bugged too and then left.

So yea I'm alone in the Vallis and have no chance of getting a squad. If it says "Player joined squad" nothing happens, I'm still solo. And so, after 10 attempts I tried getting the Event done myself, but the Exploiter Orb doesn't spawn at all so I can't get the coolant...

And I tried over a simple public "Free Roam" - but every member of the squad is there for it's own interests so in the end.... four people run off in four different directions...

Now the event for me is unplayable, I will not receive any rewards or anything, very frustrating here too........ maybe I should reinstall the game, but then two weeks would go by without playing and that means the event would be over anyhow. 😡

20 minutes ago, Hastrer said:

The thermia event right now is giving double resources for Vallis drops and they will extend it for another week, the next weekend we will have double resource bonus... so the next weekend we will have x4 resources in Orb Vallis? 😮 😮

Actually... I will also be getting the resource booster and a smeeta, so.... 16x (Ocassionally ) baby. 

i #*!%ing called it, all that reentering and fishing for groups that make the spider /close fractures and the fact that often after leaving the group you didnt even leave actually and have to alt f4 or return hard back to orbiters haywired the system, a simple table or mission tile for the event, even #*!%ing plaguestar had it, wouldve lead to a much cleaner traffic in the group system. Now you got what you deserve (not wanna be negative but stresstesting 24/7 by making us manually seach calls for a #*!%up ) and hopefully fix it soon, gl , cus the event turned from sore to tainted. I already heard you wanna exceed its runtime but also try to fix this icky mess asap, since yesterday i lost like 2 hours trying and it gets worse and worse, glad i got buddies, but they arent always there when i am and i cant do a single non- solo exploiter as of now from 10 attempts 9 groups edject and with the last one the spider doesnt show up after the 1st phase 100%.... its nice! i #*!%ing called it, all that reentering and fishing for groups that make the spider /close fractures and the fact that often after leaving the group you didnt even leave actually and have to alt f4 or return hard back to orbiters haywired the system, a simple table or mission tile for the event, even #*!%ing plaguestar had it, wouldve lead to a much cleaner traffic in the group system. Now you got what you deserve and hopefully fix it, cus the even turned from sore to S#&$stained. I already heard you wanna exceed its runtime but also try to fix this icky mess asap, since yesterday i lost like 2 hours trying and it gets worse and worse, glad i got buddies, but they arent always there when i am and i cant do a single non- solo exploiter as of now from 10 attempts 9 groups edject and with the last one the spider doesnt show up after the 1st phase 100%.... its nice! Glad i closed the fissures a week ago, but heck all the poor souls that wanted to do it at the end.

Edit: DE reacted on monday in the best fashion, extending the event by the days things didnt work out to be smooth as usual, thanks for this quick aid, well done. no matter the grind a happy event to anyone, get what you need with that extra time! The problem with connectivity seems resolved

Edited by laJewpacabra

Yeah, DE completely botched this one.

Was working fine until they decided to open Deck 12, now the matchmaking cannot make proper groups, they should have a selection upon entering the Vallis to choose:

- Free Roam

- Event: Thermia Fractures

- Event: Deck 12

Like all the other nodes in the solar system that have multiple missions on them, be it:

- Regular node mission

- Syndicate mission

- Nightmare Alert

Instead we all get hosed on the Event as well as last week's Nightwave to do 8 Vallis Bounties (for players new to Vallis who cannot solo Bounties)

Personally I was at 88/100 Fractures when they opened Deck 12 and had to solo Fractures last night, what a PAINFULLY BORING experience for warframe, having to solo fractures in a squad based shooter.

2 hours ago, Krumnaug said:

Hopefully they'll be able to fix it quick.  The events only got a little over 3 days left on it. 

The biggest problem I see here is that we lost the weekend and a lot of people can only play (or put in more time into) during weekends, So I would not find it stange that some people will just lose it because of a bug.

Same for me aswell.

If I manage to be the host and actually get into the level, people that try to join just have the same problem apparently.

So, unless you have quite good gear, you can't really do any missions in Orb Vallis, and that happens now, during an event on exactly that open world area...