Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to Join group in Orb Vallis [Investigating]

thekevinater

As an update after further exploring the issue, I have discovered other problems:

While in the Event Orb Vallis/Bugged Orb Vallis, mining nodes do NOT register when a laser drill is equipped, as shown here:
https://pasteboard.co/I5TjtTD.png

And here:
https://pasteboard.co/I5TkOoq.png

Any further testing was interrupted as now the bugged instance of Orb Vallis kicked me into Fortuna before I could explore any more issues. Anecdotal issues I have seen while testing have been:
Resources not spawning (Tepa Nodules, Spores, Crates)
Randomized Enemy encounters not spawning.
Enemy Dropships not spawning.

It's not just entering.  It's also exiting.  I was on my way out after sealing 8 fractures with my squad and the entire game froze up the moment i entered the elevator to head back up to Fortuna.  Worst part when I logged back in I didn't get credit for ANY of the sealings.  So that was a waste of time, I guess.

Ok, for desperate ones having only few Fractures left (like me) thsi worked well in my case:

1) start squad while in orbitter with one mate (we did it with 3 people but third didnt make it through loading screen)

2) go to Orb using event menu

3) with little luck youll spawn in Orb Vallis with your mate and make way for one or two people to join your squad

4) seal fractures as long as you want :)

For about 2 days now, I am unable to complete the Exploiter fight. 95% of the time I enter the map, I immediately lose my group. 5% of the time, I am placed in a group doing fissures.

All solo attempts have failed because the Orb simply does not appear outside the cave after it "attacks Fortuna".

I thought I could finally get some reputation with Vox Solaris (don't want to fight the Profit Taker ever again), but now the game is broken.

I have the same Issue, at first I thought it was a new software that I downloaded, but after removing it nothing changed.

I will try to enter into a squad from the obiter, a few people would show up, but I would be kicked out and put into the map solo. Also the map sometimes wouldn't load the names of the areas in Orb Vallis. I tried going in from Fortuna, but it still didn't work.

I really wanted to do run that mission but I guess now I can't. 😞

Guess I'll play a different game for a bit.

Edited by Allsaints
Needed to spite DE

When ever i try to enter Orb Vallis from the orbiter i got either immediately kicked out (maybe even others) and sent back to the orbiter (that's 3 loading screens)

I tried now going in from Fortuna - at the door, i get in a group and then i am either the only one left when i enter the vallis or sent back like above.

After i was alone on the map and someone "made it" he was walking towards me and immediately vanished - i was going to Fortuna and back - then happened to me as well - going up to the player standing there and i had a "Host migration"

Anyone with similar experience or a solution?

Edited by VollinsGesicht

Happens to me as well, mostly when I try to enter Orb Vallis directly from my orbiter. But it also happens sometimes when accessing the Plains or any mission with a high concentration of enemies like high-level survivals that have already started by the time I join. I'm pretty sure it's all due to the time my PC takes in the loading screen. Entering the plains (for example) from my orbiter can take around 2-3 mins for me, even with the lowest settings available.

Whenever it happens I am taken back to my orbiter with the host migration message, to the point that I don't even try entering the vallis from my orbiter anymore.