Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ranking up Cetus/Fortuna Syndicates Should not be such a time gate

JohnMorte

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Because you're not thinking from the point of view of a game company. Why would they want you to blow through content that they spent the last 6 months or longer on, in just a few days? Do you think that's going to keep people playing longer? Of course not, they'll log out and wait for more content and in the meantime they'll play something else. 

Then the problem lies on the content creator, not the players.

8 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Because you're not thinking from the point of view of a game company. Why would they want you to blow through content that they spent the last 6 months or longer on, in just a few days? Do you think that's going to keep people playing longer? Of course not, they'll log out and wait for more content and in the meantime they'll play something else. 

What they actually need is money, so perhaps they could make super fun game for a day with those 6 months and lead them to buy every PA?

Edited by Test-995
"What they want is just money" seems like saying that DE is greedy as corpus

3 minutes ago, JohnMorte said:

Then the problem lies on the content creator, not the players.

Oh absolutely, I'm not debating that. But it is what it is. If you don't like it, don't play it. Easy. Or design a better game yourself.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

What they actually need is money, so perhaps they could make super fun game for a day with those 6 months and lead them to buy every PA?

Not quite, if what they need is money, they could've gone out from beta, graduate themselves from F2P biz model, then makes every update as buyable DLC, like Destiny. 

DE isnt all about profit, search for a documentary video on youtube, you'll see one of the interview said that DE back then accidentally created a slot machine for companion kubrow, which is very profitable, but then they decided to remove it because its going against what they intend to be. 

And besides, NOT ALL people bought PA, its not mandatory, like destiny update. 

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

Just now, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Not quite, if what they need is money, they could've gone out from beta, graduate themselves from F2P biz model, then makes every update as buyable DLC, like Destiny. 

DE isnt all about profit, search for a documentary video on youtube, you'll see one of the interview said that DE back then accidentally created a slot machine for companion kubrow, which is very profitable, but then they decided to remove it because its going against what they intend to be. 

i'm not saying DE wants money and trying to squeeze it up from all the players.

What i'm saying here is, what makes people alive is money, so they should be able to make things all they want if they have enough money.

21 minutes ago, nslay said:

Oh, you've really been shafted by Nightwave then... in more ways than just syndicate standing! I remember Alerts were very helpful as I was working my way up to Neptune and then a friend showed me Index. I didn't even realize it was on Neptune and that you could earn credits so quickly!

On the contrary, I think Nightwave is marvellous, it's opened my eyes to a lot of content I'd previously put on a back burner because I thought I should focus on unlocking the star map and levelling up before tackling it. I wouldn't have started fishing or mining without NW, nor would I have my new-found love for Zaws. I'm nowhere near being ready for an Eidolon hunt but that's fine, that's later-game content I can look forward to and in the meantime I get to practice running away from over-powered mobs on the Plains. 😁

5 minutes ago, rhubarbRhubarb said:

On the contrary, I think Nightwave is marvellous, it's opened my eyes to a lot of content I'd previously put on a back burner because I thought I should focus on unlocking the star map and levelling up before tackling it. I wouldn't have started fishing or mining without NW, nor would I have my new-found love for Zaws. I'm nowhere near being ready for an Eidolon hunt but that's fine, that's later-game content I can look forward to and in the meantime I get to practice running away from over-powered mobs on the Plains. 😁

We found 1!! A player not expecting to access all content in the first week! They exist! 
You have my respect sir

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

We found 1!! A player not expecting to access all content in the first week! They exist! 
You have my respect sir

What are you talking about? I worked my way up to Neptune over a couple months... Where do you think I got my credits from? I bought every single 100,000 credit sentinel BP by farming credit Alerts before ever learning about Index. That would be a lot harder now!

EDIT: Not to mention all the 100,000/250,000 Launcher Segment BP, Nutrio Segment and Kavat Segment along with Power Cores to make these and pets... Not one run of Index. Had a fully outfitted ship before Neptune funded almost exclusively by credit alerts.

Edited by nslay

11 minutes ago, nslay said:

What are you talking about? I worked my way up to Neptune over a couple months... Where do you think I got my credits from? I bought every single 100,000 credit sentinel BP by farming credit Alerts before ever learning about Index. That would be a lot harder now!

EDIT: Not to mention all the 100,000/250,000 Launcher Segment BP, Nutrio Segment and Kavat Segment along with Power Cores to make these and pets... Not one run of Index. Had a fully outfitted ship before Neptune funded almost exclusively by credit alerts.

Hey preaching to the choir here, I did my time under the old solar system since 2013. But it's nice to find a player who doesn't mind being locked out of content because he's new. All I've seen lately is complaint threads, demanding access to everything right away.

28 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Hey preaching to the choir here, I did my time under the old solar system since 2013. But it's nice to find a player who doesn't mind being locked out of content because he's new. All I've seen lately is complaint threads, demanding access to everything right away.

Because we don't have to make a thread about anything that is good... well, not really?