Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn vs toxic ancients

NEon0218

5 minutes ago, NEon0218 said:

watch the video the other guy posted

I ran survival missions vs infested when i came across the issue

no dragon keys equiped

I've just watched it. Okay, the Ancient killed the Hlidryn after she turned around him for a whole 10 seconds. What a clown.

See, I'm sure if I too AFK with Valkyr next to a level 1 Butcher, he will eventually kill me. Does that mean she needs an insane buff ? Or maybe does that mean I should learn how to prioritize my killing targets and stop AFKing randomly around enemies ?

Edit: anyway, you seem like to be complaining about ONE enemy. God forbid a warframe has a weakness against ONE ENEMY in the whole goddamn game. She must be flawless and perfect around everything! hurr durr

Edited by Chewarette

The point is your running your arbitration mission vs infested and randomly walk past a toxic ancient gassing you and you have no way of surviving it, any other frame with quick thinking equipped would have survived it, where hildryn cant use the mod so any encounter with a toxic ancient is curtain death.

Pretty much locking her out of any infested related missions.

Edited by NEon0218

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (PS4)psycofang:

It has a 7 second cooldowm tmk its not the end all be all and 1 wrong turn from hyld vs the infested and she does.

Toxic ancient breaths do not count as a status effect, like Nox, its just raw toxic damage.

Ive had over shields n killed right through them.

Died with purple shields.

Toxic Ancient breath has a range of 1m if at all, and it kills nearly any frame instantly even on low levels. Thank God they never use it. 

This clown thread still going?

I told you already i did 3h arbitration survival and extracted without any issues and i couldve just keep going but was afraid of losing my almost 30k endo since there was 2 patches meanwhile. Infested for me is no opponent anyway i just faceroll trough them with catchmoon (provides nice CC since it has impact) + CO/maimer melee and if you get hit by that "toxin breath" or if you let ANY ancient get this close to you, you simply suck and its your fault. And that video proves only that when you run around like moron and do nothing you can get killed, yeah what a surprise!  LUL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ryusuta said:

Someone needing Warframe buffs against INFESTED? The *INFESTED*!?

Look, man. I don't usually like to play the "git gud" card, but... Come on.

those chargers and leapers are beasts, man. you have no idea.

On 2019-03-21 at 6:34 PM, (PS4)psycofang said:

-Snip-

Okay first. Calm down and be more civil. You're not going to win people over by insulting them or calling them names.

Secondly, I personally never said anything about whether or not Hildryn dies to a high level toxic scream. Another helpful tip: don't conflate one person's arguments with everyone else's on that person's side.

My point is that you already know what Hildryn's strengths and weaknesses are. She's a Warframe that uses shields over health and energy. So, what part of that makes a person think "Oh, I should use her to tank damage that goes through shields,"? And when that fails, what part of that makes a person say "Hildryn needs a buff/fix because her explicitly-stated weakness was... *gasp* a WEAKNESS,"? 

It's like... one unit of the single weakest faction in the game, man. Come on.

Just now, Ryusuta said:

Okay first. Calm down and be more civil. You're not going to win people over by insulting them or calling them names.

Secondly, I personally never said anything about whether or not Hildryn dies to a high level toxic scream. Another helpful tip: don't conflate one person's arguments with everyone else's on that person's side.

My point is that you already know what Hildryn's strengths and weaknesses are. She's a Warframe that uses shields over health and energy. So, what part of that makes a person think "Oh, I should use her to tank damage that goes through shields,"? And when that fails, why part of that makes a person say "Hildryn needs a buff/fix because her explicitly-stated weakness was... *gasp* a WEAKNESS,"? 

It's like... one unit of the single weakest faction in the game, man. Suck it up.

but why can't a warframe be strong against everyth-- oh, inaros.

1 minute ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Im not trying to win anything over, its readily apparent people arent reading.

Yes, but you're including ME in that. I don't see how anything I said in my original post was logically inconsistent or unreasonable.

• Like 1

well you guys keep straying off the topic, its not the faction as a hole that is the problem is one enemy in the faction and yes i know i started the topic a bit vague. Toxic ancients with their toxic gas attack one shot you, doesnt matter if u have arcanes to stop the toxin or arcanes to heal you through the attack even mods reducing the damage type like adaptation doesnt work because it kills you before it has a chance to proc.

And people claiming to have done multiple arbitrations for hours on end ? What faction were you fighting ? The focus of this thread is vs infested ancients not corpus or grinneer, if you build her right and with some great timing they can't even touch your health but with the infested ancient at level 50 as shown in that video bypasses everything an one shots you no matter what.

Hildryn doesn't need a buff maybe a nerf vs other factions but what she needs is access to mods like quick thinking.  

Edited by NEon0218

4 minutes ago, NEon0218 said:

well you guys keep straying off the topic, its not the faction as a hole that is the problem is one enemy in the faction and yes i know i started the topic a bit vague. Toxic ancients with their toxic gas attack one shot you, doesnt matter if u have arcanes to stop the toxin or arcanes to heal you through the attack even mods reducing the damage type like adaptation doesnt work because it kills you before it has a chance to proc.

And people claiming to have done multiple arbitrations for hours on end ? What faction were you fighting ? The focus of this thread is vs infested ancients not corpus or grineeer, if you build her right and with some great timing they can't even touch your health but with the infested ancient at level 50 as shown in that video bypasses everything an one shots you no matter what.

Hildryn doesn't need a buff maybe a nerf vs other factions but what she needs is access to mods like quick thinking.  

like I said you literally use her 4 and that cuts over 90% of the faction from even touching you.

No.

• Like 1

Her 4 wont help you if u need to get down to heal a downed mate or when you need to activate life support.

Her four is a very limiting ability with only being able to use her 1st ability to do damage.

Edited by NEon0218

9 minutes ago, NEon0218 said:

Her 4 wont help you if u need to get down to heal a downed mate or when you need to activate life support 

void mode.

anything else?

you even stay flying when you press 5.

Limiting??

Her gun is godlike.

Edited by Kalarual

Yes your solutions are viable but your still not getting the point, the issue is that hildryn is not able to use mods like quick thinking to save her once you get into that situation where your face to face with a toxic ancient.

You wont get enough time to press 5 once it hits you with the attack.

Edited by NEon0218
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, NEon0218 said:

Yes your solutions are viable but your still not getting the point, the issue is that hildryn is not able to use mods like quick thinking to save her once you get into that situation where your face to face with a toxic ancient.

You wont get enough time to press 5 once it hits you with the attack.

Hildryn can't use Quick Thinking for the exact same reason Inaros can't used Redirection - because she's not SUPPOSED to. It goes against the design of the character.

Yes, getting one-shot by a toxic scream is a bummer. And if you want to make an argument that she should have a higher base health, by all means make THAT argument. But what you're currently asking for is for mods to do something that they're not supposed to do because of a one-shot ability from one unit of one faction. A faction that is otherwise pretty much helpless against her and any other Warframe.

Edited by Ryusuta
De-priming my point. XD
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

Hildryn can't use Quick Thinking for the exact same reason Inaros can't used Primed Redirection - because she's not SUPPOSED to. It goes against the design of the character.

Yes, getting one-shot by a toxic scream is a bummer. And if you want to make an argument that she should have a higher base health, by all means make THAT argument. But what you're currently asking for is for mods to do something that they're not supposed to do because of a one-shot ability from one unit of one faction. A faction that is otherwise pretty much helpless against her and any other Warframe.

I think the difference with the Redirection thing is more Inaros not having shields period, whereas Hildryn actually has shields that convert into energy. 

Honestly I rarely use the mod so I never even thought of it on her.  I'd just not take her into high level infested or bring a healing buddy personally, but not everyone has the luxury of the latter.

16 hours ago, NEon0218 said:

So we got this amazing frame that can get extremely durable but then one major flaw... can't use mods like quick thinking that plays a major role in survivability.  

Please make so changes so that we can use quick thinking on Hildryn because due to instantly dying to toxin proc's that bypass her shields. 

I use Rejuv + Adapation to counter toxin and slash procs. And also, do remember that when overshields are active, you are immune to direct health dmg from toxin and such. 

However, I did notice that Hildryn doesn't seem to work that well with Infested enemies...maybe because they have little armor and shield to draw overshields from? Not sure, but it just seemed like she wasn't able to pillage shields from them as fast as from enemies from other factions. Could just be me but, I agree, Hildryn seems pretty weak vs Infested. 

That being said, this is coming from someone who only uses Ember when dealing with Infested. 

wink wink 

Edited by METAHUMVN
  • Like 1