Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NIGHTWAVE is a failure

Ax10mCRO

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Once upon a time there were 4 nitain alerts per 24 hours.

So, out of the 12 hours of day you get, roughly a 6 hour play session seems pretty reasonable. 

In your 6 hour play session you would likely get a single nitain extract. One. 

It would also be entirely possible that maybe you got two Nitain alerts in you 6 hour play session.... Or NONE.

Now? 

You particpate in nightwave, do the risky challenges, some weekly, ask your clan mates to help you or give you advice on some of the harder ones.

You engage with content you otherwise wouldn’t, learn new things from other players, and get nitain extract 5 at a time.

To call people that disagree with you uneducated it pathetic.

It also just reveals your intentions, you don’t care about this system or the game, you aren’t trying to make things better.

You just want to be angry about something and push an “us vs them” mentality between players and DE.

If nightwave is truly such a burden for you, leave. Because this is the direction DE is taking, and I for one welcome it with open arms.

Nty. I'm MR27 and got almost everything it offers, back when they requires little effort. If you don't have all the helmets though you should consider leaving coz it gonna takes you lot of time to get them....I mean really lot of time.

Look when a system get replaced, I expect the new system gives at least the same amount of reward to the old one. The moment they decide to lock what we used to get easily behind bunch of laugable challenges there is no way I'm calling this a good change.

Edited by Marvelous_A

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Does it matter how you get something?

If your stats allow you to pass gear checks in relevant end game content, does it actually matter?

Put it this way, if you farmed Stribog 82892 times to get bullet dance how would you be better off than someone who was given one for free by a friend?

The only difference is one of you had something extra to complain about.

If it makes you a worse player then yes, it's an utter failure in difficulty curve. 

6 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Is there some people that feels apothic farming/sabotage caches as "quick and painless"!?

Well, maybe yes... it doesn't even take an hour...

The best way to play Warframe is to always kill two birds with one stone. I grab plant samples with my scanner while running normal missions, and so when it comes time to craft an apothic, I already have everything I need.

Try it. Maybe the problem isn't the game, but how some people play it.

Just now, Keybones said:

The best way to play Warframe is to always kill two birds with one stone. I grab plant samples with my scanner while running normal missions, and so when it comes time to craft an apothic, I already have everything I need.

Try it. Maybe the problem isn't the game, but how some people play it.

Yes, i don't play starchart.

10 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Nty. I'm MR27 and got almost everything it offers. If you don't have all the helmets though you should consider leaving coz it gonna takes you lot of time to get them....I mean really lot of time.

You're in Astral Ethereum, I thought you guys liked endurance tasks? Would've thought extra work would be right up your alley.

22 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

It's the matter of the player. Just because I played in the time alert was a thing doesn't mean I got carried all the way from MR1 to the current MR27. It has nothing to do with the system. Besides, doing alerts requires effort. Especially when a Catalyst alert pops up in 3:00 a.m. you have to make choice to get up for it or nah. Now it's a real challenge. Adding a random guy as friends and do 40 waves of IO is not.

You're kidding right? Turning on your pc and doing a 2 minute mission is a real challenge? I'm not saying nightwave is a challenge, it isn't and I'd love it to be much harder but don't call alerts challenging please. That's just laughable.

Edited by Zilchy

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

You're kidding right? Turning on your pc and doing a 2 minute mission is a real challenge? I'm not saying nightwave is a challenge, it isn't and I'd love it to be much harder but don't call alerts challenging please. That's just laughable.

Getting up at 3:00 am is a challenge if you have an actual life and work to do. For extra challenge do it in winter.

3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Waking up in 3:00 AM is truly a challenge and indication of your dedication.

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Unlikely. Carried player never learns how to use his gear.

Because most carried players got carried just because they don't want to learn.

If potentially good players got carried, they should do better than non-carried player.

Simply because more resource to spent, more time to do actual things instead of doing same grind over and over.

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

Getting up at 3:00 am is a challenge if you have an actual life and work to do. For extra challenge do it in winter.

I live in Australia, we don't knowwhat cold weather is. And it's not hard, I work full time and managed to get up just fine for an alert at whatever hour. 

Just now, Test-995 said:

Waking up in 3:00 AM is truly a challenge and indication of your dedication.

Because most carried players got carried just because they don't want to learn.

If potentially good players got carried, they should do better than non-carried player.

Simply because more resource to spent, more time to do actual things instead of doing same grind over and over.

Potentially sure but odds are more likely that a game with a lazy reputation attracts more lazy players than a game known for taking some effort. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ax10mCRO said:

• And now we got syndicate missions RUINED by people who simply rush through them without looking for insignias/marks because "hurr durr, gotta do my 10 missions for Nghtwave."

Your fault for running Syndicate missions on public. Also, its not DE's fault you haven't unlocked maxed standing. You've had plenty of time to be at max standing. And another thing, its okay for there to be exclusive rewards in Nightwave. All of the stuff that is in the shop will return in other things.

Just now, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

A game shouldn't interrupt your sleep schedule just to do so some dumb alert.

I agree but I still wouldn't call it a challenge. Me I prefer Nightwave. Though neither is challenging.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Potentially sure but odds are more likely that a game with a lazy reputation attracts more lazy players than a game known for taking some effort. 

Oh yes effortless game would attract someone who don't want to work for game, what is problem of that though?

"good player" might not be "good customer", tbh lazy ass people would buy more things because they don't want to grind.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

A game shouldn't interrupt your sleep schedule just to do so some dumb alert.

This is a very "the universe revolves around me" statement that I have heard a lot from Warframe players, and even Nightwave doesn't completely eliminate it since I still see people complaining about Catalyst invasions that happen at "night". But an online game like Warframe has events happening at all hours to serve the needs of players in all timezones and with individual schedules. DE doesn't expect you to wake up at 3am to do that alert; they expect that someone like me who works until 2am can come home and do that alert.

edit: didn't mean to sound like I'm criticizing you, just the idea in general.

Edited by Keybones
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Keybones said:

This is a very "the universe revolves around me" statement.  An online game like Warframe has events happening at all hours to serve the needs of players in all timezones and with individual schedules. DE doesn't expect you to wake up at 3am to do that alert; they expect that someone like me who works until 2am can come home and do that alert.

When you complain a NW challenge people will tell you "just skip it then you need only 60% completion why the complaint" but they can't seem to apply the same logic on alerts you don't like. It doesn't even affect your progress in any way. Curious.

Edited by Marvelous_A

4 minutes ago, Keybones said:

This is a very "the universe revolves around me" statement that I have heard a lot from Warframe players, and even Nightwave doesn't completely eliminate it since I still see people complaining about Catalyst invasions that happen at "night". But an online game like Warframe has events happening at all hours to serve the needs of players in all timezones and with individual schedules. DE doesn't expect you to wake up at 3am to do that alert; they expect that someone like me who works until 2am can come home and do that alert.

edit: didn't mean to sound like I'm criticizing you, just the idea in general.

I never understood why people felt they HAD to catch every alert. Being at the right place, right time is a bonus.... Not a necessity. 

Why so much angst over "missing"an alert? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Oh yes effortless game would attract someone who don't want to work for game, what is problem of that though?

"good player" might not be "good customer", tbh lazy ass people would buy more things because they don't want to grind.

Simple, effortless player buys a few things, gets bored and moves on. Not real good for growing the playerbase. Player who hangs around and gets good at the game likely spends more over time and recommends to friends.

Edited by Zilchy