Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NIGHTWAVE is a failure

Ax10mCRO

A failure is good description of the Nightwave. It has great potential, but in the current state they just failed to make it great.
I already saw many constructive and great feedback on forum, but maybe super simple and easy solution is just to extend the end of the season to 20 or 30 weeks after (or forever).
This way, elitists can stay elites and still keep riding their high horses, and we newbees can still get rewards but take more time than others. And most importantly, DE doesn't need any effort.

Yes it is. It's just jumping on the greedy companies' bandwagon without understanding why greedy companies even use battle passes to begin with. A terrible system made by terrible people and passed down unto us by some rather confused and scared people who think making us repeat the same terrible content over and over is somehow going to make up for the content drought they dragged themselves into.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (NSW)EDarkness:

I would argue that there are a lot of folks not happy about this, but they aren't posting on the forums.  They just stop playing.  My wife complains about this all the time, but she's not posting on the forums about her displeasure.  She just doesn't play, or plays very little.  It would be interesting to see how many players actually do these Nightwave challenges versus those who don't.

Exactly this. Most of the people in our ally dont seem to find the thing good. They do it to get the umbra forma. Something players started to want after Umbra was released with its mods, since they have the nice effect of getting better by stacking.  My GF dislikes it, just does it for the rewards, since they arent half bad. She doesnt even aim high, even if she would like the U forma but also says one is was to less.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Ashagin:

Seriously this.  I finaly got Growing Power yesterday because of the silver grove act.  I've skipped a few acts also that I didnt want to do and dont feel like I've gimped my overall progress because of it, knowing theres a little leeway.  People are either lazy and dont want to do most of it.  Or were alway lazy and dont have the frames/weapons/mods to do most of it.  Or there the ones who just started and should be more worried about opening up the star chart, doing quests and growing ther arsenal, frames and mod collection to get ready for more advanced gameplay.

When I first started I didnt complain about how I couldn't do raids or sorties at that time.  Even when I had them available to me.  I new I wasnt ready so I waited till I was.  The rewards in nightwave are most likely on a rotation and will come back around later in a different season.  People just like to overreact.

New players get nightwave rubbed in their faces after starting. So they start to think they need to do them. If they inform themselfs they will see you get Nitain with it, that they will need much of it to get good stuff and progress, maybe seeing the very low droprate of it in void. Seeing they wont get high since they really cant. This leads to potential feeling of unfairness, which might to lead to playerbleeding in terms of new players. This is bad out of a business view. And old players wont buy more just because of this system.

15 hours ago, Ax10mCRO said:

The thing is poorly thought out, and it's poorly executed.

Let's start with the poorly thought out part:

• We are forced into missions with "friends or clanmates" which "can't be changed by DE" which then were changed as seen yesterday when they messed up the 40 wave defense mission (also thanks for not giving us the red text not to waste time on it, I loved spending an hour in there,getting no reward and fidning out you swapped it)
  • 5000 standing for profit orb with friends or clanmates (again that wonderful thing) locked behind rank 5 of SU standing, locked behind a standing cap based on my MR, you practically gave the middle finger to a lot of your playerbase right there.
  • And now we got syndicate missions RUINED by people who simply rush through them without looking for insignias/marks because "hurr durr, gotta do my 10 missions for Nghtwave."

As for the poorly executed part, just look at all the bugs being reported, I won't even waste time typing those out.

It really feels as if this thing had so much potential that was wasted by devs making hasty decisions based on "OH MY GOD THIS IS GONNA BE SO COOL" instead of actually thinking about the aftermath.

I don’t see how anything you’ve high lighted here means that Nightwave is a failure.

Fortuna has been out for months, you’ve been ignoring it. Should rewards for high level players also include players that’ve ignored the newest content in the game for months?

Why do you care if people are rushing syndicate missions? If other players are annoying you play in solo mode.

You just want to be angry dude, and you’ve found some pretty pathetic excuses to be.

vor 28 Minuten schrieb ArcKnight9202:

Well, we're now on week 5 without Corrosive Projection. Maybe next week? Save your credits? Player choice?

I wouldn't mind the "with friends" challenges as much if the game wasn't already so easy to body-slam solo. The game's balance is not doing this any favors. Outside the Survival challenge where you need more people just to have enough spawns to finish it. That's not harder. It's just more dead bodies.

I'm not really a fan of Nightwave in its implementation. I enjoy the idea but the time limits and restrictions placed on the store bring it to a grand ole' "meh" to me. I'm giving the first season the benefit of the doubt but I'm not too optimistic about it changing my mind.

Well thats another bad implementation of nightwave. I really need to say the old alerts feelt way more rewarding even without bots to get the time. You really could easily get things by playing. Now you have a to do list and the "ninjas play for free" is still a thing somehow it feels like DE is forcing you their way to play the game on you and slowly taking away your possibility to play it like you want without missing things. This is something I believe most of the nightwave enemies drives and I can see where they are comming from.

I love the argument of needing Nitain for progress. Nitain was added in I think 2015? Maybe later? And I was already MR 17 without needing any Nitain. What incredibly essential item is it used for in great amounts pray tell? And if you say Vauban Prime I will laugh for weeks.

3 hours ago, MacKerris said:

The entire point of Nightwave is to get players to do certain things. Using that nice little carrot at the end of the stick. Oh, and a bit of psychology added to to make you feel like you're missing out if you don't do it. On top of nonstop reminders from Nora.

And if you cant step back and say no I'm not going to do that for whatever reasons then that's a issue you have to solve on your own not come running to the forums to have a whinge about. There is a nice carrot on the end of the stick and as long as you do a good amount of the tasks you will get it, missing a 5k here and there is not going to get you only stick.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Mono-Pop:

I don’t see how anything you’ve high lighted here means that Nightwave is a failure.

Fortuna has been out for months, you’ve been ignoring it. Should rewards for high level players also include players that’ve ignored the newest content in the game for months?

snip

Should a game force you to play certain contents?  I dont think so. A game should make fun. By forcing you to play certain aspects they are robbing fun. At least for some people. These people go, will talk bad about this game, thos repelling potential new players, costumers which might have bought plat, Access packs, thos earning DE money. They could have made Nightwave additional to the old alerts. Why didnt they simply do it? Did they fear it wont be played this much? This pretty much seems like the reason and the fear seems to be really real and right placed, otherwise there wont be this much people being against NW.

4 minutes ago, Tengarnos said:

Should a game force you to play certain contents?  I dont think so. A game should make fun. By forcing you to play certain aspects they are robbing fun. At least for some people. These people go, will talk bad about this game, thos repelling potential new players, costumers which might have bought plat, Access packs, thos earning DE money. They could have made Nightwave additional to the old alerts. Why didnt they simply do it? Did they fear it wont be played this much? This pretty much seems like the reason and the fear seems to be really real and right placed, otherwise there wont be this much people being against NW.

Good less cry babies joining and making this game even easier than it already is.

6 minutes ago, Tengarnos said:

You don’t get it at all ><

No one is forcing you to do anything.

Warframe is a video game.

Nightwave offers you rewards.

If you want the rewards, you do the challenges. 

You aren’t being forced to do anything.

If all you want is nitain extract, that’s a lot more achievable than it ever was.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop
  • Like 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Zilchy:

I love the argument of needing Nitain for progress. Nitain was added in I think 2015? Maybe later? And I was already MR 17 without needing any Nitain. What incredibly essential item is it used for in great amounts pray tell? And if you say Vauban Prime I will laugh for weeks.

Vauban Prime is a frame some people might like to play. Who are you to say they shouldnt do so? Sure they could use the standard, but for that they also need to do nightwave. Hmm.
They might not be needed in high amounts but many prime frames need it. Ivara (9) Mesa P (2) Limbo Prime (2) Mirage P (2) that is already one batch. Inaros, Oberon Amesha (if raids come back it will be needed again.

Its not about essential things, its about the freedom to play what you want. That freedom was way more given with the old alerts cause these things were way better to archive.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Zilchy:

Good less cry babies joining and making this game even easier than it already is.

Yeah if you dont get what people want to say you maybe should just stay out.
Where is nightwave making the game in any form harder? Its just limiting access to things which were given long time ago. (I am in this game for 5 years btw)

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Mono-Pop:

You don’t get it at all ><

No one is forcing you to do anything.

Warframe is a video game.

Nightwave offers you rewards.

If you want the rewards, you do the challenges. 

You aren’t being forced to do anything.

If all you want is nothin extract, that’s a lot more achievable than it ever was.

Yeah it offers rewards, one if it is wolf creds with which you can buy things which you could get without nightwave by alerts, which are gone cause of nightwave. Its like the raids were gone cause of Eidolons. Yes they give you the rewards, but it took out something more fun an rewarding in exchange. You dont get that I just say what many people think.
You think its not forcing? Ok so tell me, as a new player, where to get the auras, if I dont do nightwave? Were to get the alert locked weapons I might find interessting as a new player (I am MR 25 near 26 btw so it not like I am caring mucht about how successfull it is or not. But I look at it from a new playes view plus sort of business and in this  case it seems bad. Again new player  could get frustrated, talk bad about the game, repelling potential paying customers, this avoid profit. And Warframe is already seen as a game with the worst new player experience)

10 minutes ago, Tengarnos said:

Vauban Prime is a frame some people might like to play. Who are you to say they shouldnt do so? Sure they could use the standard, but for that they also need to do nightwave. Hmm.
They might not be needed in high amounts but many prime frames need it. Ivara (9) Mesa P (2) Limbo Prime (2) Mirage P (2) that is already one batch. Inaros, Oberon Amesha (if raids come back it will be needed again.

Its not about essential things, its about the freedom to play what you want.

30 minutes ago, Tengarnos said:

New players get nightwave rubbed in their faces after starting. So they start to think they need to do them. If they inform themselfs they will see you get Nitain with it, that they will need much of it to get good stuff and progress, maybe seeing the very low droprate of it in void. Seeing they wont get high since they really cant.

Maybe you shouldn't contradict yourself then, it makes you look like you're whining for the sake of whining.. oh wait, that IS what you're doing.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Catastor said:

i know it means this : removing a system that with all its flaws been working fine for 6 years without touching or reworking it or expanding on it, scarp it then announce a battle pass style system but for free, people hyped, but then sneak a syndicate inside and use the alert system rewards with it.

DE was 100% able to keep the alert as is and add the nightwave beside it but they didnt for obvious reason, if i want an aura or a reactors/nitian then i would have to use this

night wave system.

so yeah ! i can safely say i know exactly what the word ''force'' means.

and this is not the first time no sir, they did the same with the raids, they scraped them instead of polishing and fixing them and then used they're bones for the Ediolons.

they promised us to make the Damage 3.0 a thing, but they replaced it with Riven System instead. 

Clearly you do not, 

Reactors, catalysts can still be obtained from invasions, Nitain can be acquired from ghoul bounties and missions from Lua and kuva fortress. 

Aura mods can be traded for if you dislike it so much.

Cosmetics are not in any way needed in the first place, just an add on. 

It took me months to get my first vauban, I could get this one in just 2 weeks. 

So once again not forced. 

And here we go with sidelining the topic and talking about things not part of the discussion again. 

Stick to the point Buddy. Or take it up in a different thread or start one yourself. 

The problem is not the nightwave. 

The problem is :

Players that want rewards for little to no effort, 

Have an aversion to change, 

And are unwilling to make friends. 

Could the challenges use some polishing? Sure, but is nightwave itself a bad concept? No. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Zilchy:

Maybe you shouldn't contradict yourself then, it makes you look like you're whining for the sake of whining.. oh wait, that IS what you're doing.

I am very interested why you needed to edit it. I am not whining, this topic isnt even important enough for me to do it. I just stated viewpoints. You are simply not able to understand that 😉

2 minutes ago, Tengarnos said:

Yeah if you dont get what people want to say you maybe should just stay out.
Where is nightwave making the game in any form harder? Its just limiting access to things which were given long time ago. (I am in this game for 5 years btw)

Yeah it offers rewards, one if it is wolf creds with which you can buy things which you could get without nightwave by alerts, which are gone cause of nightwave. Its like the raids were gone cause of Eidolons. Yes they give you the rewards, but it took out something more fun an rewarding in exchange. You dont get that I just say what many people think.
You think its not forcing? Ok so tell me, as a new player, where to get the auras, if I dont do nightwave? Were to get the alert locked weapons I might find interessting as a new player (I am MR 25 near 26 btw so it not like I am caring mucht about how successfull it is or not. But I look at it from a new playes view plus sort of business and in this  case it seems bad. Again new player  could get frustrated, talk bad about the game, repelling potential paying customers, this avoid profit. And Warframe is already seen as a game with the worst new player experience)

5 years doesn't make you a good player, nor does high MR. Auras? Gee you've been in this game 5 years and you're telling me it's a hard task to make 10p on the market? 

Nitain? Heard of Ghoul purges? Lotus annoys us every 2 weeks to tell us they're back. And shock and awe, one of their drop rewards is nitain.

Alert locked weapons huh, you mean interesting things like a heat dagger? Really? This is the argument you're going with?

1 minute ago, Tengarnos said:

I am very interested why you needed to edit it. I am not whining, this topic isnt even important enough for me to do it. I just stated viewpoints. You are simply not able to understand that 😉

Because I mispelt "condradict" as "comtradict" because I'm on my phone at work, gettin paid to laugh at you.

You stated contradicting viewpoints. Also known as an oxymoron.

Edited by Zilchy

Gerade eben schrieb Zilchy:

Because I mispelt "condradict" as "comtradict" because I'm on my phone at work, gettin paid to laugh at you.

Doesnt seem to be important work 😉

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Zilchy:

5 years doesn't make you a good player, nor does high MR. Auras? Gee you've been in this game 5 years and you're telling me it's a hard task to make 10p on the market? 

Nitain? Heard of Ghoul purges? Lotus annoys us every 2 weeks to tell us they're back. And shock and awe, one of their drop rewards is nitain.

Alert locked weapons huh, you mean interesting things like a heat dagger? Really? This is the argument you're going with?

So the new player argument doesnt work you try to go for the bad player? And you are laughing at me? Jokes on you here. You still didnt answered me where NW acutally makes the game harder compared to the old alerts. I am waiting.

Player plays five years and actually cares about Nitain that he probably has more than me of ... Meanwhile I played four, already surpassed his MR and don't know what to use the 100 over Nitain I have on (pretty sure someone has thousands). But hey, because I get plat from trading to buy Catalysts (and do all my gifts of the lotus) I suddenly have the luxury to use all my wolf creds on Nitain, which comes in bundles of five (I may buy a couple of catalysts and then just dump everything else on Nitain).

Then again, I reached a point where I am just a toxic cesspool who doesn't care about new players. Nightwave is not an adequate replacement, because those 300 Oxium and Cryotic alerts were nice to have, but a salty vet trying to argue for the new players sounds quite contrived.

1 minute ago, Tengarnos said:

Doesnt seem to be important work 😉

So the new player argument doesnt work you try to go for the bad player? And you are laughing at me? Jokes on you here. You still didnt answered me where NW acutally makes the game harder compared to the old alerts. I am waiting.

Still getting paid to laugh at you ^^

I'm still waiting for you to explain how it's harder compared to alerts.

If you expect rewards on a plate withiut effort then I'm bang on the money tjat you're just a bad player who's salty that he now has to earn his rewards.

3 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Player plays five years and actually cares about Nitain that he probably has more than me of ... Meanwhile I played four, already surpassed his MR and don't know what to use the 100 over Nitain I have on (pretty sure someone has thousands). But hey, because I get plat from trading to buy Catalysts (and do all my gifts of the lotus) I suddenly have the luxury to use all my wolf creds on Nitain, which comes in bundles of five (I may buy a couple of catalysts and then just dump everything else on Nitain).

Then again, I reached a point where I am just a toxic cesspool who doesn't care about new players. Nightwave is not an adequate replacement, because those 300 Oxium and Cryotic alerts were nice to have, but a salty vet trying to argue for the new players sounds quite contrived.

There is someone in my clan with thousanda cos he hoped 1 day they'd release a gun that fires Nitain 😄

vor 1 Minute schrieb Zilchy:

Still getting paid to laugh at you ^^

I'm still waiting for you to explain how it's harder compared to alerts.

If you expect rewards on a plate withiut effort then I'm bang on the money tjat you're just a bad player who's salty that he now has to earn his rewards.

If it makes you happy.
Its harder since you need limited wolf creds. Which you only get by doing certain missions, which are more timeconsuming and may preventing people from doing what they would have done without it. Many of them locked for newer players or players which want to play their way. In Alerts you needed to do the mission and got the reward. Now you need more to think, which do  I need more. That people like your clanmate could store this much, or the other guy or me, was mostly to the alerts. DId  you really get this much Nitain from void  or ghouls? I helped many newer players with ghouls maybe one or two Nitain dropped. I saw many long year players starting to dislike the way warframe goes. Some dont even give warframe a much longer life span as it already had. Thats what I am concerned most. And Nightwave isnt something to bring these people back. Cause they do it at weeks start and go offline again, doing dailies and go offline again.
I dont have something against Nightwave itself (Except I wish I could mute Nora like Ordis cause I cant hear her same 4 quotes anymore). I just  dont understand why you cant maintain both systems at same. Lets be honest alerts wouldnt even need much attaintion if  they would stay.

@Datam4ss Good for you, want a cookie for it? 😄

4 minutes ago, Tengarnos said:

Why not? But the very generous "vet" fighting for "new player rights" that he has no business in deserves it more, don't you think?

10 minutes ago, Tengarnos said:

If it makes you happy.
Its harder since you need limited wolf creds. Which you only get by doing certain missions, which are more timeconsuming and may preventing people from doing what they would have done without it. Many of them locked for newer players or players which want to play their way. In Alerts you needed to do the mission and got the reward. Now you need more to think, which do  I need more. That people like your clanmate could store this much, or the other guy or me, was mostly to the alerts. DId  you really get this much Nitain from void  or ghouls? I helped many newer players with ghouls maybe one or two Nitain dropped. I saw many long year players starting to dislike the way warframe goes. Some dont even give warframe a much longer life span as it already had. Thats what I am concerned most. And Nightwave isnt something to bring these people back. Cause they do it at weeks start and go offline again, doing dailies and go offline again.
I dont have something against Nightwave itself (Except I wish I could mute Nora like Ordis cause I cant hear her same 4 quotes anymore). I just  dont understand why you cant maintain both systems at same. Lets be honest alerts wouldnt even need much attaintion if  they would stay.

Ok being honest and matter of fact with you, no sarcasm. What do you need the wolf credits for? Remember cosmetics are purely fashion and nice to have, they don't prevent progression. You say you've played 5 years. Do you remember how rare Nitain was on release? When we had to get it to research Wukong in the dojo? We got maybe 1 alert every day and needed 11 for Wukong. Now with Nightwave, you can buy 5 for 15 credits... so for the first wold credits you get you can have 15 nitain... that's heaps.

As for auras and potatos. During that 40 wave defense I did a fissure and cracked rads. How much plat you reckon I could get from 8 radiant relics? Enough for an aura mod and a potato? Yeh easily, with change.

The problem with alerts is it breeds laziness, people just want taxis and then they want you to carry the mission as well. Nightwave makes them earn it or suck it, I'm fine with this. Just wait for the Arbitration elite weekly, then everybody will s#&t the bed cos they haven't bothered doing each node.

Hell, I should be annoyed, I get to rank 30 and then all I get is lousy wolf credits I have no need for. Gimme kuva past rank 30 any day.  And I'd love the challenges to be much much harder but hey, I'm not gonna get what I want either. Hmmm perhaps I should cry on the forums and stamp my feet to get my way...

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 3