Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave is great, but this weeks challenges are bad

Atekron

Scanning, scanning is the worst!

It was never fun, it was stupid gimmicky thing that I try to stay away as far as I can.

This week I not only should do 5 scans for f simaris, but also scan tons of plants to craft f potions to summon f specters!

People was joking that at some point Lunaro and PvP would be in those challenges and now I sure it will.

and 10 missions for factions and 3x3 cashes also not too entertaining, I would better do 40 min defence with friend, or clanmate

Yeh it's a bit tedious for older players but who cares, it's easy and took 10 minutes to do.

If you manage do get all 3 caches on 3 sabotage missions in 10 minutes I will eat my hat (if I had one).
If you manage to scan enough plants to make 3 apothics and also killing the 3 specters in 10 min I will eat my second hat (if I had two).
If you manage to do 10 syndicate missions in 10 min (I will almost eat my hat since you could be lucky with captures,rescues during the week).

I am talking solo but even in a group I dont think you'll get it in 10min.

Or did I miss what took 10 min?

Edited by (XB1)Dic3man
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Dic3man said:

If you manage do get all 3 caches on 3 sabotage missions in 10 minutes I will eat my hat (if I had one).
If you manage to scan enough plants to make 3 apothics and also killing the 3 specters in 10 min I will eat my second hat (if I had two).
If you manage to do 10 syndicate missions in 10 min (I will almost eat my hat since you could be lucky with captures,rescues during the week).

I think he meant the 3 spectres, which assumes even vets had either 3 potions left from the event or the ingredients to make 3.

I did personally but some vets didn’t I know and they weren’t happy having to go plant scanning again.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

I think he meant the 3 spectres, which assumes even vets had either 3 potions left from the event or the ingredients to make 3.

I did personally but some vets didn’t I know and they weren’t happy having to go plant scanning again.

Spot on. I was a bit low on ingredients, took 10 minutes to gather and run the mission 3 times.

6 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Spot on. I was a bit low on ingredients, took 10 minutes to gather and run the mission 3 times.

Because you were "low" on ingredients... If you have to get all ingredients from scratch, it's a pain in the a$$....

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1

The good thing is, you don't have to do all of them, there's nothing locked behind doing all of the challenges, (@fortnite) so if you don't want to/need to do a challenge, you could probably skip a few decent amount of challenges and still get it maxed out

I didn't do all of the challenges this week, who cares? I still get everything 🙂 (@fortnite again)

Edited by (PS4)PS_90210

Just now, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

The good thing is, you don't have to do all of them, there's nothing locked behind doing all of the challenges, (@fortnite) so if you don't want to/need to do a challenge, you could probably skip a few decent amount of challenges and still get it maxed out

You have to do it when you can do it.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Dic3man said:

I'm sure it was aimed towards the Simaris scanning specifically mentioned by OP.  And I did four scans in 6 minutes by running caps (not even as Volt) so 5 scans in 10 minutes is incredibly easy.  A lot of us will also have apothics already (I had 10 for some reason) so if he's speaking as a vet then it'd also be easy to run 3 earth missions in 10 minutes.  The 3/3 find all caches only took me about 15mins and that was without in-game audio since I listen to music so 10mins might be a slight exaggeration but not much of one.  And all this is solo, I solo all my missions unless they're sortie defence/surv/exterm etc (since they're just faster with a group) or a raid-esque boss.

3 minutes ago, Starfreak911 said:

I'm sure it was aimed towards the Simaris scanning specifically mentioned by OP.  And I did four scans in 6 minutes by running caps (not even as Volt) so 5 scans in 10 minutes is incredibly easy.  A lot of us will also have apothics already (I had 10 for some reason) so if he's speaking as a vet then it'd also be easy to run 3 earth missions in 10 minutes.  The 3/3 find all caches only took me about 15mins and that was without in-game audio since I listen to music so 10mins might be a slight exaggeration but not much of one.  And all this is solo, I solo all my missions unless they're sortie defence/surv/exterm etc (since they're just faster with a group) or a raid-esque boss.

5 scans in 10 minuites is impossible, maximum required scan for 1 daily simaris missions is 4 according to guide(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=666483447)

If 

59 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Not really, it's just the same ones. You just have to pick 1 apothic remember, so 4 ingredients.

If you're missing all ingredients then it will take time since you need both day/night plants for all apotics if I remember correctly (day/night cycle is like 4 hours is it not)?

13 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

5 scans in 10 minuites is impossible, maximum required scan for 1 daily simaris missions is 4 according to guide(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=666483447)

I actually did all 5 of mine solo since I havent bothered with the research terminal behind simaris (so I have tons of scans left that and I dont even need his daily).

So yes that one is easily done in 10 min, I have a max range limbo but finding all caches for me took probably close to 10 min per mission anyway (I went with earth tileset so maybe thats why, although I did the specters while finding them since I had farmed alot of plants on sunday because of double resources, 16 plants for one scan was nice to see sometimes:-)

Just now, (XB1)Dic3man said:

I actually did all 5 of mine solo since I havent bothered with the research terminal behind simaris (so I have tons of scans left that and I dont even need his daily).

So yes that one is easily done in 10 min, I have a max range limbo but finding all caches for me took probably close to 10 min per mission anyway (I went with earth tileset so maybe thats why, although I did the specters while finding them since I had farmed alot of plants on sunday because of double resources, 16 plants for one scan was nice to see sometimes:-)

Oh what, i didn't expected there is simaris target that is not dailies.

43 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

5 scans in 10 minuites is impossible, maximum required scan for 1 daily simaris missions is 4

Scan target -> abort mission. Repeat.

The simaris target counter stays at zero but the Nightwave target count increase will remain. (same can be done for various Riven challenges). So even with a Simaris target of only 2 scans, you can do this challenge in <10 min.

As for the plants scans, those can be done passively as a secondary objective in most missions. For example, if you're doing a survival/mobile defense/excavation, you're in those missions for a lengthy period and aren't going anywhere.  Take that chance to scan whatever plants that are present. This won't slow down mission progress since they're tied to a clock anyway which you can't speed up.  Also, how often do you have to wait a whole minute at extraction for that one player? Some of the extraction rooms have plants within arms reach. Take that time to scan them, you're not leaving anyway because of that far-away player. Mars tileset, grineer asteroid, grineer shipyard, corpus outpost,  they all have plants within view of the extraction room.  

I've been doing this method for a long time and as a result accumulated hundreds of plant scans without actively having to do so. The opportunities simply presented themselves without them slowing down my gameplay.

Edited by MystMan

2 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Those threads are actually useful, by flooding forums with whining and complaining, new/return player can stay away from this game!(or forum, idk)

if people would not do such threads, you will still be building your archwing launcher, have rewards similar to PoE on release day and be buzy by collecting resources for weapons research in quantities similar of Hema requirements

2 hours ago, (XB1)Dic3man said:

I'm afraid you may need to eat your hat pretty soon, I hope it wasn't one you're really fond of. Video's just compiling now, not sure how long to upload.

Edited by Zilchy

4 minutes ago, Atekron said:

if people would not do such threads, you will still be building your archwing launcher, have rewards similar to PoE on release day and be buzy by collecting resources for weapons research in quantities similar of Hema requirements

I'm not even joking, it's not good time to return from cryopod.

Just now, (XB1)Dic3man said:

Nah its all good I have one made out of chocolate :-)

8:57 for 3 Sabotage with all 3 caches :) 
Good to know it'll taste good :)

Flowers would take longer, purely cos some are moonlight and some are daylight so I'll concede that one for ya.

Edited by Zilchy

1 hour ago, Test-995 said:

No, doing it entirely solo once you have also completed all the OG lore entry scans without abandoning the mission will make it impossible.  If you run it with someone else who has a target, or if you haven't done the lore scans then it could be easily done in less than 8mins based on my run times.

Edited by Starfreak911