Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does my little orbiter fit 39 Warframes + 23 prime Warframes?

fiifufiifu

2 hours ago, The_Mustachio said:

I think the real question is where are all the extra landing crafts stored? We have 4, iirc, landing crafts now. The original Liset fits snugly into the orbiter. Where are the other 3 ships docked on the orbiter? 

Ordis flies those empty ones around the universe with exact copies of Operator, Helminth and decorations. The mysterious Orokin text after a mission indicates someone broke in one of the other Orbiters and made Operator smack himself with a hand full of shaving cream, thus interrupting transference.

On 2019-04-01 at 1:43 PM, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

You do realize how big space is, right? The only debris that would be a problem are those being held by a gravity field.

This is fallacious. Space is big, but only relatively empty -- it's full of stray gas/dust/particulates/&c. One of the issues with space travel (particularly at appreciable fractions of c with contemporary or near-contemporary materials tech, but even at the current velocities we have stuff orbiting at) is abrasion from all that random tiny S#&$ over the course of a ship's service. Especially when a stray rock the size of your pinkie nail can cause catastrophic damage.

Granted, probably less of an issue with bullS#&$ Orokin materials tech, but still.

2 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

This is fallacious. Space is big, but only relatively empty -- it's full of stray gas/dust/particulates/&c. One of the issues with space travel (particularly at appreciable fractions of c with contemporary or near-contemporary materials tech, but even at the current velocities we have stuff orbiting at) is abrasion from all that random tiny S#&$ over the course of a ship's service. Especially when a stray rock the size of your pinkie nail can cause catastrophic damage.

Granted, probably less of an issue with bullS#&$ Orokin materials tech, but still.

Time is the factor you didn't include. So there is only a limited amount of debris and most of it is constantly moving, just as space itself expands. The distance that the Tenno move is insignificant so most of the debris would be local and not random and the amount of time it would take for any foreign debris to enter the system makes it almost inconsequential.

I agree that gas, dust, gravity fields, etc. would be far more harmful than actully debris but if the Tenno could utilize personal shields then I'm sure they could implement a buffer for their ships.

Well I hinted nicely that are orbiters are Orken, but they are Orken prob the same as a tower the inside can be larger then the outside with some weird tech they have. 

Considering are warframes are Part Orken are guns sent ext would not be a stretch to think are ship had some of that tech????

if you don’t get this wiki Orken towers. 

Il y a 17 heures, nslay a dit :

Only when almighty Hunhow shields them. And even then, the pixelated red stuff on those adorable Battalysts and Conculysts make them not look happy. Indeed, they are called "Decaying Conculyst" and "Decaying Battalyst" because they are probably dying 😞

It's just drones. Not true sentients like Hunhow or Nathah.

Lore state that the sentients can acces to the Void but lose some capacities so it's a hard choice for them.

But if you consider the ones that do the travel (Hunhow and Nathah at least) they are not exactly weak.

Hunhow almost eradicate Orokin empire before the warframes renforts and the orokins are unable to kill him, just broke him to fragments.

Natah infiltrate the empire without being discovered, protect the Tenno's and, just a little detail, hide the entire freaking Moon in the Void ! ((And get get it back later without a sweat).

So diminished ? Maybe.

But totally wreaked by Void exposure? Let me doubt.

Beside the bad space mom just go back to space granma later.

How will she travel ?  I bet for the Void and not a long walk through normal space.

But if im wrong we dont see her before some centuries...😁

Le 02/04/2019 à 12:28, AltheusV a dit :

My question is: Why does Helminth maintain a giant fish tank?

Many reasons.

Ordis say that this is necessary to the operator.

Indeed, even the Tenno eat, drink, breath and defecate.

A aquatic pool is ideal to cultivate flora and fauna that produce food, recycle waste and produce O2.

The water is more easely regulated for temperature and protect the flora from brutal accelerations.

And it's even possible that others reasons make the pool very usefull.

It can serve like a inertial ballast for the orbiter and the huge amount of water is a very good shielding against cosmic radiations.

Probably a vast amount of the space between the vital sections and the hull exterior of orbiter is full of this water.

Edited by SgtHotPepper

il y a 25 minutes, Aldain a dit :

I always just thought we did that in void mode so it would be intangible.

Maybe the female Tenno's do some Void rainbows like unicorns.. 😉

f3aa56a3169115e765d59cdea11ccae8--tee-dr

But probably it's more pathetic and the weird teenagers are just plugged to many tubes (or whatever orokin used) in their sarcophage while wandering in theirs warframes.

Edited by SgtHotPepper

On 2019-04-01 at 7:57 PM, Sin1989 said:

I thought that was the railjack ship docked at a dojo.

Regarding the concept art of the orbiter though, there seems to be a little inconsistency with our ships in-game vs the concept art.

20190331224330_1.jpg?width=705&height=37

With some camera shenanigans you can see part of the outside of the ship, which doesn't really match up well with the liset or anything that we see in the orbiter concept art.

Are you even serious?

Well, you're not supposed to bug out camera, you know. Why should DE bother with making something that should not be visible, and is visible only cause some people are bored and decided to bug camera?

On 2019-04-01 at 6:41 PM, fiifufiifu said:

If its canonical that my kiddo can have in her possession multiple Warframes at the same time, how do all of those frames fit in my landing craft? How does it fit all of my weapons, for that matter?!

Are the unpiloted frames just squeezed in between the interior and exterior hulls. used as insulation for my ship???

You just fold up everything very carefully and also tell your dogs and cats that they will die if they will try to eat your stuff or crap on it.

On 2019-04-03 at 8:44 AM, SilentMobius said:

DE were pretty clear about in the Dev streams preceding the release of the Liset and the New Player experience circa U14. I assume they thought that The quest chain Vor's prize having Ordis describe the landing craft you recover from Vor as the "Liset" (With the external shape matching the windscreen shape that you first see) and the area below the ramp that Ordis introduces to you as the "Orbiter Compartment" was enough to convey that.

The average player is not going to be watching every dev stream or search for that particular dev stream. Additionally, the average player is going to have very little idea what's going on during the tutorial section other than learning the basic controls and learning that Vor is a hammy, two-bit antagonist who never shuts up. I don't remember that comment, and given how many players comment on threads like this saying they thought their Orbiter was the Liset, they didn't remember that comment either. Basically, it's a piece of information that DE failed to convey very well in-game. Maybe, I don't know . . . *showing the Liset Docking with the Orbiter* or *showing the rest of the party in their Orbiters instead of Landing Crafts* would tell a different story. 

TL;DR: Lots of people who don't avidly watch the devstreams or obsess over the lore were confused, and justifiably so. The difference between the Orbiter and the Landing Craft is not well-presented in-game. 

3 hours ago, Draxiss314 said:

The average player is not going to be watching every dev stream or search for that particular dev stream. Additionally, the average player is going to have very little idea what's going on during the tutorial section other than learning the basic controls and learning that Vor is a hammy, two-bit antagonist who never shuts up. I don't remember that comment, and given how many players comment on threads like this saying they thought their Orbiter was the Liset, they didn't remember that comment either. Basically, it's a piece of information that DE failed to convey very well in-game. Maybe, I don't know . . . *showing the Liset Docking with the Orbiter* or *showing the rest of the party in their Orbiters instead of Landing Crafts* would tell a different story. 

TL;DR: Lots of people who don't avidly watch the devstreams or obsess over the lore were confused, and justifiably so. The difference between the Orbiter and the Landing Craft is not well-presented in-game. 

I agree, DE were working on an animation (Which you can find if you look for it) they never finished it.

I'm not saying what was provided is enough.

I'm saying that what was said at the time it came about was explicit.

5 hours ago, Draxiss314 said:

ok