Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for watching Devstream #126!

[DE]Rebecca

Wisp is super cool. That 4th ability feels a bit out of place though. Fire death beam would be way cooler on the fire frame where the ability fits thematically and would fit right in with her ability to augment her fire damage. I'd say move the 4th ability to Ember, and give Wisp something to play more with her reservoirs. Perhaps a way to teleport to them? This would allow her to play even more with the role of being able to contribute to fights in many places at a moments notice.

I think this Itzal thing has a bunch of layers to it. Itzal getting nerfed wouldn't fix base Archwing being faster than K-Drive. If I didn't have Itzal/Archwing I would go back to using Zephyr/Nova like I did in Cetus bounties, I'd argue this hurts diversity more. If we were comparing Itzal to the other Archwings we might be able to have a more substantial discussion. I liked the recommendation made by someone earlier for railways that players can use to quickly K-Drive grind around the maps on. Also giving K-Drive a "gear shift" style movement speed toggle might contribute some to bumping K-Drives up as a mobility tool without taking away from the precise controls needed for fancy tricks.

Tbh I don't see how wisps 4th ability fits her theme and what she stands for. She looks like a buffer/support frame so what's with the sun thing. That should rather be on ember as a rework to her 4. And add the 2nd and current 4th together with a reduction of effectiveness

Dear Lotus,
please tell DE_Scott to put the beer down before going into a Devstream next time.

Itzal's Blink is NOT the problem. Imagine trying to do Kepler-Phobos without it! The real problem is getting around open-worlds, and K-Drives are NOT the answer. Something I have suggested you can easelly fix with something called: "FAST-TRAVEL"! You can either use it between camps (you know, that guy that sits outside Fortuna and in a few dozen places also) tents (in Plains). And/or even better, use LOC-PINS. Even if there was 'limited use' (maybe 3 fast-travels to 'loc-pin', since it is a resource) it would solve EVERYONE's problems without needing Scott's big hammer.

On Whisp, I gotta say I was underwhelmed. I don't undertand the theme that has plants (and I thought: "Oh, a female Oberon") and them THE POWER OF THE SUN!... Where did that came from? I think we all thought she was going to be "etherial" and probably a bit like Limbo, but them you added plants and a sun? I'm not feeling it. Btw, her 1st looked very complicated to use - at least on consoles- because it looked like Vauban's Minelayer. And can she throw that sun at enemies?... Maybe in her Aug. I think DE_Steve was so very in love with the "particle effects" side of things, that he & everyone just forgot what she was all about anyway.

About Vauban, I've got a tread if anyone cares to read: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1078201-easy-vauban-fix

You guys made Itzal has the ability to travel fast by teleport, that was your intended design, not players' exploit. Now you want to take away something you yourselves designed just because players enjoy using it a lot? That doesn't make sense.

Why is there always a need to ruin fun for players? Ain't making players enjoy the game is part of what devs do?

If so, then please take away all speed abilities like Volt's too. 

PS: K-drive is like car, Archwing is like plane, do you see our car in real life travel faster than plane? It will be real sad if you all are giving in to minority players who has ridiculous demand of asking a car on the ground to be as fast as a plane in the sky. On the ground, there are humps n bumps, the sky has no obstruction. So how does a car travel the same speed as a plane? Doesn't make sense, right?

All these intense and beautiful lighting effects... but I couldn't help but notice that they make it really hard to tell at a glance what each enemy IS, such as whether or not they're an Eximus or a different enemy altogether than the one you thought it was. Look at 43:45. The glare from the light outside is ridiculous. You can barely see. Then again, with that in mind I always have bloom, motion blur and most of the effects turned off when I play Warframe, and it looks a lot better. So it may not be an issue for me.

--
Um. I hope Scott is kidding. Itzal is NOT like coptering, because that's how Itzal was designed. BY the Devs. Coptering was taking something broken in the game and abusing it to get an advantage over everyone else. He seems to think it would be an improvement, taking something away from Itzal, because it makes other means of transport seem obsolete. But YOU MADE IT so that the Archwing launcher is now free. YOU made it so that people could use Itzal and other Archwings on the plains in the first place, because it sounded cool. And besides that, unless they're using Elytron, Archwings are always going to be faster than a fully upgraded K-Drive anyway. ...I've never seen anyone else even using Itzal, so punishing me and reducing my ability to jump in and out of danger in Archwing missions for other players misusing it for fast-travel on Fortuna just... doesn't make any sense. This feels like a joke. I'm very confused.

If you want people to use K-Drive more than Archwing, since Scott doesn't seem to like that we have that choice, how about making K-Drives slightly higher off the ground and less subject to obstacles? In other words, there are a lot of things that K-Drives will have to stop and slowly maneuver around based solely on the fact that they are groundbound while Archwings aren't. So if they can more easily float above/around obstacles with their anti-grav technology then much of the problem is solved.

HONESTLY!!! WHY are the players constantly being punished for things that we never asked for in the first place, but were since added and changed the game? K-Drives were supposed to be a cool extra, but now an older Archwing is most likely going to get slammed as a result. And this just keeps happening with every update! Why can't a SINGLE THING be added to the game that doesn't then require almost the entire game to be rebuilt to accommodate it?! ...Is this really how the devs think behind closed doors? Because not everything is an "evolution" of the game. There is such a thing as an evolutionary dead end, or even a devolution. And I don't want Warframe to "evolve" so much that it goes extinct.

Re: Itzal "nerf"

Why? The entire point of nerfing AW damage powers was to ensure that AW was just a means of traversing the big zones. I don't even see the point of forcing players to use other archwings in that case. 

Unless you guys plan to make some changes to open zone combat, there's no real need to touch the itzal as far as on-planet use is concerned.

Now if you wanted us to up k-drive use, consider other means of encouraging it.

22 hours ago, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

Itzal's Blink is NOT the problem. Imagine trying to do Kepler-Phobos without it!

Aside: I find it more fun to use Elytron to do AW Rush. The fact that it's slow actually makes those tight turns easier to manage. Also, raining down bombs at the end with Elytron so fun. 🙂

I have to admit i was pretty hype for wisp, but after the ability demonstration I cant help but feel there is a disconnect in the thematic design of her. The rotation of abilities on the one seems ok for defense /mobile defense/survival which is cool but i dont like the way they look at all. With her name being wisp and her look,i guess i would just expect something, lighter, more angelic looking. Her 2 and 3 seem fine, but that 4 i dont really play ember, but all thought was how every player waiting for ember buffs heart must have dropped. I also dont see how it works with her kits synergy. If you wanted to give her a nuke for the sake of giving her a nuke, i would have imagined something closer to Death prophets ult from Dota 2, not to name drop another game, but yea.

Rest looked good, looking forward to future updates and streams, thanks!

Just wanted to throw out some thoughts about a few things i saw during this dev stream.

I think at the current state we saw during the livestream with Wisps 4 was it looked slightly over simplified and what i mean by that is it lacked depth to what it can do. Simple powers are great but with the condition that they have some uncomplicated depth to them. For example, i think it'd be so much more interesting to add something like say.. Aiming her 4 at the ground heats up an AoE that does damage over time. The longer you heat the ground, the faster the damage amps, the bigger the AoE gets, and the longer it stays there. Something as simple as that makes an ability 5x more interesting and gives you a few options how to use that ability or even build it.

An existing example of this being done with a newer frame is with Hildryns 1 ability. The AoE effect with her 1 is what makes it even worth using and a little more interesting. If it did not have this AoE effect it would be completely pointless to use over your other weapons. With that said though, i think Hildryns 1 could use another interesting gameplay aspect that we don't see much from using other weapons. The AoE is nice, but can be very impractical when going against tougher enemies as the AoE separates them with rag-dolling and they still alive. Maybe adding a slow or vortex effect on enemies with her 1 being used in the charged mode will give it a reason to be used more. (Yes i know this could technically be an augment, but it's too simple and not ability changing enough to warrant wasting a build slot for) 

Another thing i got reminded of watching the livestream with the new Gas City remaster is how much Warframe lacks an interesting combat dynamic between the player and enemies. In the past i know it's been very difficult to accomplish this with very narrow/tight combat spaces paired with other players and tons of other enemies in close proximity, but now that it seems like things are being opened up a bit with the new remaster and open world areas that gives huge potential to add more interesting ways to have players and enemies interact. I saw that gross meaty looking Amalgam Alkonost enemy during the livestream and thought it’d be sooooo much cooler to have him snatch you from the ground bring you up and start "eating" at you. While you were being "Eaten" you'd be in a sort of downed state where you can only use your pistol out and have to shoot a certain area of the enemy to get free. Then maybe when you get free and if they enemy wasn't killed before you got free, the enemy evolves its attack strategy that is potentially even more deadly and to the entire group of players. It would be a fun dynamic. I know Infested Ancients have a similar idea with them having the ability to pull you in, but this is more of a huge annoyance simply because it begins and ends before you know it happened, no time is given for any type of interaction and it's a very shallow one at that. There needs to be some depth added to these player/enemy interactions. These would probably be more fitting to be given to the more rare and tougher enemies as you wouldn't want to ruin the interactions in a split second, unless your team was there to help. Some of the ideas of player/enemy interactions im drawing inspiration from is a game like Dead Space. If you've ever played it, those player/enemy interactions were one of the single most important interactions you had in the entire game and it made it so fun! These exact interactions might not work for all enemies in Warframe, but i think you can still use the basic ideas of what makes them fun and interesting.

Anyways those were a few ideas/thoughts i had, i can't wait for Wisp and Gas City remaster! Keep up the good work!

@--Q--FSK41 The attached image, from what i can see is an accessible room on an infested corpus ship tile set. you must destroy an explosive barrel visible through a crack in the wall above the glass you're looking through, then head back along the corridor, drop down and walk through a small shaft at floor level, Follow that along and you can then jump up unto that room. If you weren't to explode the barrel you would find a grate covered in infested mass, which you cant break with your own weapons, ONLY the barrel visible through the glass that is stuck to the roof of the room. In sabotage missions the caches can appear in this room too, so I'm surprised you haven't worked this out yet, given you have been playing for years! I hope this helps!

13 minutes ago, MrNoName04 said:

@--Q--FSK41 The attached image, from what i can see is an accessible room on an infested corpus ship tile set. you must destroy an explosive barrel visible through a crack in the wall above the glass you're looking through, then head back along the corridor, drop down and walk through a small shaft at floor level, Follow that along and you can then jump up unto that room. If you weren't to explode the barrel you would find a grate covered in infested mass, which you cant break with your own weapons, ONLY the barrel visible through the glass that is stuck to the roof of the room. In sabotage missions the caches can appear in this room too, so I'm surprised you haven't worked this out yet, given you have been playing for years! I hope this helps!

was just about to post the same thing, glad i checked first. It is surprising that they don't/didn't know about that room

vor 53 Minuten schrieb MrNoName04:

@(XB1)Bacon and Greg   Yeah i wasn't 100% sure so i worded it as i did rather than something stronger, but now that you say that I'm sure that's what it is, game knowledge not a bug.

Also just checked their in-game profile, 4830 hours played! I'm very surprised @--Q--FSK41didn't know about this!

Am 5.4.2019 um 22:04 schrieb --Q--FSK41:

Fine i admit that wasnt a example of what a player can not reach,but it is a clear example of what enemies can not escape from

Archived