Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox build (can't find the balance)

PenderTheTyrant

Question

So i think i'm not using Equinox right. Most of the builds i've found around only have Vitality as a defensive mod and everything else is range/power/efficiency.

How are you're supposed to survive just with that mod? Some enemies oneshot me, in some missions lvl 30 i keep going down... I do oneshot everything tho.

This is the build i'm using.

https://imgur.com/w5a8Wl9

15 answers to this question

You probably need to be a bit more active with your CC abilities such as Pacify. The energy transfer augment is really helpful when you're constantly switching between forms.

Do remember that there is no "right way" to build warframes. just because most people don't use more than one survivability mod doesn't mean that it's illegal or something to use 2 or more. Do what suits you.

Just now, Upright1 said:

You probably need to be a bit more active with your CC abilities such as Pacify. The energy transfer augment is really helpful when you're constantly switching between forms.

Do remember that there is no "right way" to build warframes. just because most people don't use more than one survivability mod doesn't mean that it's illegal or something to use 2 or more. Do what suits you.

But that's my build, i found that the range is perfect, power is perfect, efficiency is alright but i keep going down and if i change 1 mod everything goes to hell.

But yeah i kinda only switch to dmg stance and use the 4, still not sure how to use it properly 

You dont really need strength. If it's ESO build you should be using augment and a lot of PS in cost of PD and PE, to boost your strength bonus up to 80%. You'll get energy from Trinity anyways. If it's your usual everyday nuke build - lots of range, positive duration, maximum efficiency, and just dont care about the strength. Your initial damage only works well at low levels anyways, and your nuke damage is accumulated from enemies health regardless of your PS. It also works good with night build - for sleep or heals. If you want night build with augment, to slow weapons, i suggest going for around 60% slow (i dont remember how much strength it is) with Energy Conversion, and then using Pax Bolt on kitgun for 30% more strength and efficiency. Then just fit in Quick Thinking, Rage, Primed Flow and you're all set. I would've posted actual build images, but i dont have Equinox P built yet, so i can only show you not-so-optimised regular Equinox builds. Good luck, and dream of what you want to be.

1 minute ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

But that's my build, i found that the range is perfect, power is perfect, efficiency is alright but i keep going down and if i change 1 mod everything goes to hell.

But yeah i kinda only switch to dmg stance and use the 4, still not sure how to use it properly 

Strength only affects the initial burst of slash, it has no effect on the damage that you stack. So you can safely dump strength without losing damage.

Actually, here you go. As i said, it's not perfect since it's regular Equi, but it gets the job done. The first build is your regular everyday nuke-them-all build. You generally want to look for these numbers. If you can - fit in more survivability, but generally just dont catch bullets with your face.5zzfMfY404U.jpg

This one is AoE slow, focused on NIght Equi. Enemies damage you, giving you energy - you are slowing them down. Regen health with operator arcanes, although you should be having enough from various other sources, you can even heal yourself with 4.3C88LmwiIRM.jpg

And this one is for ESO. DOnt think - just nuke. Easy and nice.tOdwsSumft4.jpg

Well, here is my perfect build for equinox: https://imgur.com/a/A5NF2Rq 
its typical full nuke: use 4, kill a few enemies, use 4 again (wow u killed all enemies in 50m range) - repeat all the time
You shouldnt put more mods for survivability, with that amount of plat I suggest buying arcane guardian set and use it, im using it at almost all my frames and it makes them really hard to kill doesnt matter how much hp they have

Arcane Guardian is *amazing*, is cheap and pretty simple to farm, and doesn't eat a mod slot.

For general survival, it's a good idea to roll often to throw off enemy aim and enjoy the damage resistance that rolling gives.

You can also choose weapons that support your build such as syndicate weapons to heal or things with CC capability to lower enemy damage output.

Good luck!

Edited by Ghostcart

11 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Like @Arthur said: No need for Vitality if everything is dead

I said Vitality is the only mod for survivability that can (or should) be used at equinox :P Vitality + A. Guardian makes your frame unkillable for enemies under 80 lvl (untill its corrupted bombard or something like that)

as aforementioned, if you're using Maim, you don't need any Strength so you can use that space for more Efficiency, more EHP, Et Cetera.
if you're just Killing things with Maim there's so many open Mod Slots since literally all you need is Efficiency, and max Range. everything else is just extra. so that leaves easy room for EHP, Natural Talent, and whatever else you think you might like.

for Peaceful Provocation, then you have a more complicated budgeting of trying to get as much Strength as possible, while retaining as much Range as you can, and retaining Efficiency, and still retaining some Utility/EHP.