Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nintendo Switch & Console Tennogen: Bug and Resolution.

[DE]Rebecca

Sorry Reb and DE but frankly this is absolute nonsense and be prepared for a massive outcry and some serious blowback from your Nintendo Switch playerbase.

I agree  with many if not most of the comments above, in fact too many to quote in this post at this point.

Firstly, I too have spent literally thousands of ZAR on plat purely for the purpose of purchasing tennogen cosmetics.  Frankly I echo the player above in that if you do decide to persist with the course of action of undoing sales I want my actual cash back and not the platinum as I have no use for that much platinum in the game as it currently stands and much less motivation to purchase anything from the store since apparently it can just get taken away on a whim regardless only to be replaced with a currency that has no use outside of the game.  If I walk into a store to buy a jacket and do so I dont expect the store to arrive at my house say "oops we shouldn't have sold you a jacket" take it away and say "here's a receipt for a pair of pants though", if I wanted pants I would have bought those and not the jacket.

Over and above my now lack of motivation to actually spend money to buy plat for cosmetics, my motivation to actually play the game is now being heavily affected by your treatment of the NSW playerbase with these types of issues.

When I discovered the items for sale on the arsenal on literally the day of the last update, I like everyone else was super excited.  I even joked that maybe it was unintentional and you would take it away the next day. BUT that was before you left it there even over many hotfixes where they could easily have been removed.

Frankly I agree with the poster above, the items have been available for purchase in the arsenal for a month or more now, if this happened within days of the update we would have bought the it's a loophole bug argument.  To remove them after more than a month with the same claim is ridiculous.

Beyond that, we now know that the files are actually in the game and are just being withheld from us which leaves an even worse taste.  If it was truly a licensing issue they wouldn't have been coded in in the first place as that in and of itself is unlawful.

Frankly to call it a loophole is also crazy.  How would any of us know without a word from you that this is a loophole? On the Switch the arsenal is a far more reliable place to purchase cosmetics than the market store itself which is an absolute mess to navigate and is often not updated properly on the NSW.

In addition to all of the above, I am an attorney in real life so understand these procedures, and honestly this excuse doesn't hold water.  The Switch version has been out for months now, Canada is a fully functioning first world country, there is absolutely no way that a licensing procedure for a relatively small amount of items and artists would take months to put in place.  It's literally no more than a two paragraph addendum to a pre-existing contract adding the NSW as a platform and recording the commercial terms.  Even then in a situation like this it's nothing that a written undertaking with the artists and payment to them of their fee wouldn't fix.  Besides the chances of the artists who have already consented to their work being put on the other consoles refusing you permission to release them onto the NSW is minuscule at best.  I will literally gladly draft the addenda and conduct the negotiations on your behalf pro bono. 

I mean, to make it worse even the items that WERE promised to be released with the last update aren't there.

Frankly and I'm sorry to throw shade on this but the licensing excuse being given to us regarding the staggering of the Tennogen release to us and worse mow, the removal of already available items is nothing more than a red herring designed to keep up a we're good guys looking out for content creators facade.  In truth your actions point more towards a strained commercial issue on profitshare or something similar between yourselves, Panic Button, Nintendo and the content creators since the game is published by third parties and plat purchases are done through a third party rather than from yourselves directly the pie is now smaller and more spread out and everyone wants a piece.

I love this game, I really do, I've put over a thousand of my very precious hours into it since its release, I think it's a miracle that it's on the NSW at all and have forgiven all of your past teething issues and defended you on multiple occasions across multiple platforms.  This one I cant let got.  It's killed my and many others motivation on a large scale, severely harmed our trust in you as a company and as a service provider and has left an incredibly bitter taste ik the mouth.  

At the very least dont reverse the sales which have already taken place, provide the artists with an undertaking that they will be duly licensed and pay them their fee for the work.  In the time it would take you to remove the items and return the plat you could rather take this course of action and save face with both the player base and the artists themselves.

EDIT: this is becoming a but of a TLDR post but please dont insult our intelligence, just looking at this thread it's clearly more than "a few dozen instances per item".  And to echo a poster below I'm pretty sure your own Nintendo stream has used or had players hang around with some of these items... so yeh it's hardly a newly discovered "bug".  Plus in the case of the Repala in particular it was promised to be coming during your Reddit AMA in the comments, how would any of us know it was a "loop hole" to release these items and not something intentional.

Edited by (NSW)Enso
  • Like 2

TL;DR: DE, and I don't mean the compay, I mean the faces we know as DE are exhibiting characteristics akin to that of drug addicts. Just face up.

You know what's funny? With all the BS that switch players have just swept under the rug because we love this game; seems like the LAST thing you would do is insult our intelligence this heavily. That is the biggest ball of lies I have ever seen. So a bug just happens to have made code and models specifically for the NSW? And yet when you found out about it, it wasnt taken off the market immediately upon realization? Thats really fishy since obviously you guys have known about it for some length of time. Or even if you were lazy with it and just halted the purchasing of it.  Yet none of these actions were taken. I literally bought tennogen this morning at 4 am (equinox divisa skin & icarius syandana along with the color palette Ice, and a dope full mask for my operator.) that proves you only see $$$ when you see your players. Do you really think we are dumb enough to believe that? Even if that absurd excuse was partially true, you've left something out somewhere, because if it were a bug and you had any respect for your fan base/players you'd be straight up with us; instead we get this kind of back-hand.

DE,  you guys are drug addicts. No doubt about it. Wanna know how I know? I lived it. You can run me over, but don't insult me like that.  I've logged almost 1000 hours into this game, and it's a huge coping strategy for me in this boring world full of money-hungry tyrants that put on this facade that implies that aren't money-hungry and for the people (if this wasn't your entire thought process coming up i cant be far off.)"and how do we do that?" "Lets "create a program" (because guides of the lotus proved to be so amazing) that lets the customers vote on cosmetics and the like and feature the winners item in-game! They're dumb and most play ps4 and Xbox how will they know we have it on another system, that (unless you are a nintendo fan) flies under their nose?.." "What do we say if we are caught?" "Umm blame it on the technology like your grand mother"

You know what, let me drag my own name through the mud just to show how pissed I am. Im gonna throw out a little tid-bit of my life out there so some of you on this side of the fence can possibly see the similarities in character. I fought an opiate dependency for 6 or 7 years. No, compared to some people (30-35 years of use) that isn't very long. It was long enough that after I was able to hide it for 4 years; the slowly crumbling reality that was my life, one day just collapsed due to poor decision-making. Much like what's happening here. Started stealing (much like DE has obviously done here). Lying, even when it made no sense. (Do I need to point this out)? I was the smartest person around all the time, so fooling a bunch of people I saw as inferior waste, pshhh someone hand me my tea. It was nothing. Until someone smarter than me came along and woke my butt up. I'm rambling and finding it highly difficult not to swear. Im out. Any ounce of respect, if there was any before this horrible exhibition of decision-making is gone. This isn't something a friggin origin catalyst can help. I suggest you make this right before about 35% of your player base evaporates. Much like their tennogen. If they wanted something else they would've bought it. Only right thing to do here is refund the LITERAL money. Not your In-game currency. You may be able to fool those 2 or 3 people say it good job DE and not much else, but those of us with at least half a functioning brain can see when we've been played. And boy, have we. Pity, your players create better cosmetics than your actual designers. This is low DE.

what the hell?  just when I thought nintendo switch gets pooped on more than other consoles in terms of release (crashing bugs and what not) this happened??

at least let us keep our sales and just compensate the artists with the amount we purchased it for... this can no way be a "BUG" as it's literally just selling like any other items for the past few months....

sounds more like DE got caught thefting from the artists or something.... nintendo switch players already get S#&$ on over buying plats without discounts, and now we are also getting items removed from our inventory caused by an internal "mistake" that doesn't even make sense?

we love the game, we ignore most of your platform issues, but now this is just wiping crap on our face telling us to suck it.... expect a massive outcry from your nintendo switch fans....

I agree with the others. Let us keep the TennoGen stuff we already purchased and just compensate the artists. This isn’t our fault so why should we get punished for it? I don’t want any plat I just want to keep the stuff I bought. For crying out loud I bought platinum with real money in order to buy these items. I’m at work and I honestly haven’t been able to focus since I read this news an hour ago. This is really terrible and very upsetting. 

its been 4 weeks since the Tennogen update. 

4 weeks.

ffs you even streamed a Switch gameplay with players hanging with those tennogen stuff equiped, and just now you guys realized that it was a "bug"?.

hell yeah in really angry for cosmetics, for a gamen where "endgame" content its adding cosmetics to your Character this is just ridiculous, at least keep the purchased items or im just gonna have 1k of plat floating there jusg waiting for this "fast licensing"

• Like 1

The more I read this the more I find messed up lies.. Did you really just use the wording "PC program" to confuse and/or deter the masses of ppl, including myself? I even used the word coding in my complaint. Or book with all I typed. For those in the dark when referring to a certain warframe crowd rather than as a whole they title them with the console name. And just like guides of the lotus where all that chat mod drama started the tennogen program is a program much like AWANAS (the child games at church. Best example I could think of on  the fly.) is a program, but instead of children playing it's players like yourself trying to fulfill their dreams or get their names out there as designers/creators. Yall done made a mess huh.. 

Wow.. I have spent so much money on tennogen alone. I am in love with my frames, even got inspired to draw them because I FINALLY got them looking the way I wanted and now you are telling me that it will be taken away? Most of us do not want the plat back. If we wanted to keep the plat.. we wouldn't have spent it in the first place. This is so disappointing. I agree with the person that asked why this was hidden in the bug section. Had my husband not stumbled across it, I wouldn't have even known! Something with such a big effect on Nintenno should be announced somewhere where it could be easily found. Some of the items were announced to us during streams.. There is so much tennogen that I can't keep up with them all but a list of what the players will be losing would have been nice as well. That way we can keep an eye on it. 

It's really effed up that they can't even acknowledge our replies on a post by one of the "Chiefs themselves". Piss poor  ethics. We want answers. We deserve answers. If I'm obviously not the one spending money to that degree on making our frames look perfect but never will because we still have such S#&$ty servers. I understand that part of the issue is the insane under-clocking on the switches processor but updating A PHYSICAL SERVER woukd help a ton. where the hell is all this money going? Obviously not the damn game..

Call me obsessive with all my comments but I can't stand bullies or manipulators and by pork, you're both.

You wanna talk about bugs? I can cast hall of mirrors with my mirage shoot my synoid one damn time with 160%+ multishot and as long as I'm not host anything alive in that entire tileset is now dead. Thats a bug. Certain flaws in programming and code running into certain enviroments causing issues like literal unlimited range & damage caused by this. Thousands of tickets have been sent in about this yet you've made no public statement about it. All bullS#&$

Y'all probably just killed warframe.

2 hours ago, (NSW)PianoPalf said:

Can you at least provide us with a list of the affected items and/or an ETA on when those items will be reinstated on the Switch market?

Pretty sure they are all getting removed. I have 3 syandanas, 5 skins.  And all of my mains go back to their boring skins. -.- I am so upset about this. 

1 minute ago, (NSW)GhoulVixen said:

Pretty sure they are all getting removed. I have 3 syandanas, 5 skins.  And all of my mains go back to their boring skins. -.- I am so upset about this. 

I'm logging now and ...

Can confirm my tennogen bought a 4 am this morning along with the syandana are still on my frame. I can only assume it's a bug right?

1 minute ago, (NSW)DylanDeVylan said:

I'm logging now and ...

Can confirm my tennogen bought a 4 am this morning along with the syandana are still on my frame. I can only assume it's a bug right?

Yeah they are on mine too. Main post says they will be removing and refunding within the next week or so.  Husband has some of the same frames without the customs that I bought and they no longer show up as an option to buy so I am sure we will lose them soon. 

9 minutes ago, (NSW)GhoulVixen said:

Yeah they are on mine too. Main post says they will be removing and refunding within the next week or so.  Husband has some of the same frames without the customs that I bought and they no longer show up as an option to buy so I am sure we will lose them soon. 

They went ahead too my friends volt skins and helmets. They are srsly gone. He doesn't have any plat to show forbid either

Just now, (NSW)DylanDeVylan said:

They went ahead too my friends volt skins and helmets. They are srsly gone. He doesn't have any plat to show forbid either

I assume they will give it back within the next week? There is always a switch stream Wednesday as 10 AM EST. I assume we will get answers then? Gonna be really angry if we don't. It would be real s***ty not to give us any answers. 

13 minutes ago, (NSW)GhoulVixen said:

I assume they will give it back within the next week? There is always a switch stream Wednesday as 10 AM EST. I assume we will get answers then? Gonna be really angry if we don't. It would be real s***ty not to give us any answers. 

Don’t be surprised if they cancel the Switch stream. 

6 hours ago, (NSW)Rhymie said:

I love that the switch version is just an after thought. We were left with a color bug for months, crashes in cetus which were fixed just in time to crash in fortuna, to mirage sim bug, to this "bug", and darvo deals just NOW being put into the game as well as ghoul event. Switch version deserves some love and attention. Start giving it. 

Thanks for the excitement over so many great tennogen to get it taken away. Even if it's released again later the hype is tainted. 

Welcome to Warframe: Console editions. We are not as important as PC

Ya done goofed pretty #*!%ing hard on this one guys, not gonna lie. I like that you're showing respect to the original artists and all but you've created a PR rod for your own back with the response. People don't want their plat. They want you to licence the artwork for stuff and let them keep their stuff. I appreciate that not all artists might wanna license their stuff for switch and that's fine, but you should at least ask them the question and make that your priority instead of upsetting a far larger section of player base by pulling a stunt like this. It's interesting to note it's not just switch players giving you a hard time on this which should really a clue as to the magnitude of your @#&$ up. 

Honestly, Your best way out of this is to just license the tennogen stuff asap, not just remove it entirely. There might be some downtime on the gear while it happens and that's ok. But you need a better response than essentially a low tier bait and switch tease.

I love the game and I know you guys do too and work hard to give us a great experience, but please listen to us when we tell you something isn't right

4 hours ago, (NSW)Enso said:

Frankly and I'm sorry to throw shade on this but the licensing excuse being given to us regarding the staggering of the Tennogen release to us and worse mow, the removal of already available items is nothing more than a red herring designed to keep up a we're good guys looking out for content creators facade. In truth your actions point more towards a strained commercial issue on profitshare or something similar between yourselves, Panic Button, Nintendo and the content creators since the game is published by third parties and plat purchases are done through a third party rather than from yourselves directly the pie is now smaller and more spread out and everyone wants a piece.

This. This is the real problem. That “licensing” excuse they’re giving us is complete bull.   

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula
added the edited paragraph

4 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

This. This is the real problem. That “licensing” excuse they’re giving us is complete bull.   

I've edited the paragraph now to emphasize the point but yes, it still stands.

Edited by (NSW)Enso

I bought like...30/40 of the tennogen syandanas and soooooo many skins.....i will most likely see a return of around 4-6k plat but i dont want it...i want my fashion to not be all messed up upon returning to my game one of these days.... 😕 This is horrible......i wandered tho why all these never showed under tennogen area in marketplace and i guess i now know why. It baffled me for awhile and i didnt understand why it was that way. This blows, seriously.....The amount of time ive wasted on all these..gone. I've spent HOURS when we first got tennogen searching every frame and weapon for skins to buy.....then even longer on coloring them out the way i wanted....and now im told "Sorry bout that, heres your money tho"....i want my fashion 😕 I dont wanna wait weeks or months now even to see them return just to do it all over again..😩🤦‍♂️

This feels like a punch to the face. It's ridiculous. How can this even happen? Yeah, it was odd seeing all the Tennogen stuff available after a patch, but it was awesome. And since further hotfixes didn't remove anything everybody thought its supposed to be this way. And now suddenly you tell us that you are taking away the Tennogen stuff we bought already because its availability was just a "bug"? Well, that realization sure came late, eh? Some people even invested real cash just to buy this stuff. Don't make me laugh. I don't care about a Platinum refund, I want to keep my skins. You guys screwed up so stand up for it. I kinda regret having started my first Warframe experience on Switch, really. 1000 hours clocked already and this just feels bad, especially after the coloring bug that ruined Fashionframe (which btw does contribute a lot to my enjoyment of the game. Looking good is important to me in every game that allows such an amount of customization) and that goddamn disaster that was the Mirage+Simulor combo. Eh, atleast that seems fixed, right? Hooray I guess.

Edited by (NSW)Hasuga