Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sedna Junction Problem

(NSW)--CIVILIZED--WORM--

Question

Wanted to finish the junction for Sedna just so I could get TWW quest but it seems it's going to be a lot harder than I thought. The Saryn specter somehow shoots me immediately after I push the button for the fight while my frame is still drawing its weapon, so I have no way of casting any abilities or even move. Is this a bug or do I need to upgrade to say Inaros to tank her hits better? (Frame I was using was Zephyr and Hek as a weapon. Other frames I have are Nidus, Nyx, and Oberon.)

24 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

show me your build. I'll try and help.

Zephyr (forma'd once with no reactor)

Rejuvenation 5

Intensify 5

Flow 3

Redirection 2 (used to be more but I switched it out so I could put more into health)

Vitality 7

Streamline 5

Continuity 4

Stretch 5

Hek

Scattering Inferno 3

Point Blank 5

Hell's Chamber 5

Charger shell 4

Accelerated Blast 3

Incendiary Coat 5

Scattered Justice 3

If I need to use a different frame that's fine too, and I have plenty of forma BPs so if I need to forma more that's also fine

Edited by (NSW)silver_geist

3 minutes ago, (NSW)silver_geist said:

Zephyr (forma'd once with no catalyst)

Rejuvenation 5

Intensify 5

Flow 3

Redirection 2 (used to be more but I switched it out so I could put more into health)

Vitality 7

Streamline 5

Continuity 4

Stretch 5

Hek

Scattering Inferno 3

Point Blank 5

Hell's Chamber 5

Charger shell 4

Accelerated Blast 3

Incendiary Coat 5

Scattered Justice 3

If I need to use a different frame that's fine too, and I have plenty of forma BPs so if I need to forma more that's also fine

*meant reactor not Catalyst 

7 minutes ago, (NSW)silver_geist said:

Zephyr (forma'd once with no catalyst)

Rejuvenation 5

Intensify 5

Flow 3

Vitality 7

Streamline 5

Continuity 4

Stretch 5

Hek

Scattering Inferno 3

Point Blank 5

Hell's Chamber 5

Charger shell 4

Accelerated Blast 3

Incendiary Coat 5

Scattered Justice 3

Ok first thing to learn is that adding a Catalyst/Reactor is MUCH better than adding a forma initially for any gear. You double your capacity. Redirection isn't important, Zephyr benefits from health mods so you got that bit right. So I just went and did the junction with Zephyr and a Paris prime for the lols. I allowed myself to die at first to show you what you're doing wrong, you're trying to block the shots with your face, Warframe survivability is about movement and you need to learn that. You can see the shots miss me before I took her head off in the second take.

Behold the awesome build I used, as you can see I put a lot of thought into this...
BNbl01F.png

Edited by Zilchy

34 minutes ago, (NSW)silver_geist said:

Wanted to finish the junction for Sedna just so I could get TWW quest but it seems it's going to be a lot harder than I thought. The Saryn specter somehow shoots me immediately after I push the button for the fight while my frame is still drawing its weapon, so I have no way of casting any abilities or even move. Is this a bug or do I need to upgrade to say Inaros to tank her hits better? (Frame I was using was Zephyr and Hek as a weapon. Other frames I have are Nidus, Nyx, and Oberon.)

use ash. blade storm him from far

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

17 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Ok first thing to learn is that adding a Catalyst/Reactor is MUCH better than adding a forma initially for any gear. You double your capacity. Redirection isn't important, Zephyr benefits from health mods so you got that bit right. So I just went and did the junction with Zephyr and a Paris prime for the lols. I allowed myself to die at first to show you what you're doing wrong, you're trying to block the shots with your face, Warframe survivability is about movement and you need to learn that. You can see the shots miss me before I took her head off in the second take.

Behold the awesome build I used, as you can see I put a lot of thought into this...
BNbl01F.png

Alright. I'll look for a Dread build since I happened to get one from stalker a while back and try again. Thanks

6 minutes ago, (NSW)silver_geist said:

Alright. I'll look for a Dread build since I happened to get one from stalker a while back and try again. Thanks

It's not about the weapon mate, it's about getting out of the way of the incoming fire. I could've used a MK 1 braton, the result will be the same. The weapon is not important, your movement is. That was a Paris prime not Dread just because I wanted to choose the weakest bow I had in my arsenal to show that you're doing something fundamentally wrong and that no amount of better weaponry, warframes etc is going to improve that for you.

Edited by Zilchy

22 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

It's not about the weapon mate, it's about getting out of the way of the incoming fire. I could've used a MK 1 braton, the result will be the same. The weapon is not important, your movement is. That was a Paris prime not Dread just because I wanted to choose the weakest bow I had in my arsenal to show that you're doing something fundamentally wrong and that no amount of better weaponry, warframes etc is going to improve that for you.

Okay so I usually jump around ect. When I'm getting fired at but with her I dont know when shes about to fire so I can dodge like you did.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)silver_geist said:

Okay so I usually jump around ect. When I'm getting fired at but with her I dont know when shes about to fire so I can dodge like you did.

Ok she's using a sniper so don't jump directly at her for example, use an angle. Once you close the distance just circle strafe her to death in the air. I didn't know when she was going to fire I just made myself an erratic target.

Edited by Zilchy

I remember when i did this myself. I too got one shotted no matter what i did, even when trying to bullet jump away something exploded next to me and killed me instantly. What i did to beat it was to break out my nidus as he was the tankiest frame i had at the time and even then that initial hit took about half his health. But i managed to get behind the pillar and my pet took the agro from the boss so i could kill it.

Later i did it again with better gear and then it was instead extremely easy. Was on garuda then and just impaled the specter and hammered it down from there without really taking any damage.

29 minutes ago, Vahenir said:

I remember when i did this myself. I too got one shotted no matter what i did, even when trying to bullet jump away something exploded next to me and killed me instantly. What i did to beat it was to break out my nidus as he was the tankiest frame i had at the time and even then that initial hit took about half his health. But i managed to get behind the pillar and my pet took the agro from the boss so i could kill it.

Later i did it again with better gear and then it was instead extremely easy. Was on garuda then and just impaled the specter and hammered it down from there without really taking any damage.

There is no need for tanky frames for any of the junctions. Yes the specters do a lot of damage, but like most AI in warframe, they aren't that great at aiming. Especially with a sniper (have you seen the Grineer Ballistas?). Zilchy's point is that there is no need to have expensive or special gear - bring an unmodded MK1 Braton and an unmodded Excal (or with survivability mods as a buffer if you want) and you can still beat every single one of the specters.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-22 at 1:22 AM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Yeah no sorry I've been running around the entire time and movability isn't an issue, in fact I'm using the switch and my movability is even better than a pc, the problem is the boss is so ridiculous that it insta kills anything that gets close, from far two shots and your down, dodging, rolling, etc and it hasn't helped

Edited by GabeMoon

En 6/1/2022 a las 20:57, GabeMoon dijo:

Yeah no sorry I've been running around the entire time and movability isn't an issue, in fact I'm using the switch and my movability is even better than a pc, the problem is the boss is so ridiculous that it insta kills anything that gets close, from far two shots and your down, dodging, rolling, etc and it hasn't helped

What i did is that i went excalibur, blinded her and just meleed away. 

On 2022-01-06 at 6:57 PM, GabeMoon said:

necrosing a almost 2 year old topic