Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nature capture... WT????

ThumpumGood

On 2019-04-23 at 5:39 PM, Lutesque said:

LoL... im in the exact same sitation... scrambling just to get one Potato.

Don't Speed Mods only affected Sprint Speed ? And since She can't Sprint while prowling then really the only thing that would help you move faster is latest?cb=20190308235648

I feel like Dash Wire would just be better.

dodge speed... move out of the way - not movement speed. And I THINK movement speed mods are run and walk.

On 2019-04-22 at 8:58 PM, EmberStar said:

If you take a shot and miss the first time, it gets spooked.  Some critters need to be hit more than once, but I've never caught one so I don't know how it works with them (since you'd think they get spooked by the first shot, but maybe it doesn't work that way?)  And if you get upwind and the creature *smells* you, it gets spooked.

There are different levels of "spooked", much like how enemies in non-endless missions can get "suspicious", "alerted by sight of player", and "alerted by alarm". There's also "alerted by damage" in there somewhere but it's irrelevant for conservation

If an animal is merely "suspicious" you can still get Perfect Capture, which is presumably the only reason animals that take multiple darts can be Perfect Capture'd. As a side effect, you can miss a dart and still get Perfect Capture too if you're far enough away

Edited by TARINunit9

On 2019-04-22 at 8:28 PM, ThumpumGood said:

I have 32 and got credit for 1. I dunno if this is some sort of bug or a cruel joke but NOT happy.

lemme guess you tranq the bush instead an animal...it would make no sense if you tranq the plants then where did warframe go from here will not make sense.

3 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

lemme guess you tranq the bush instead an animal...it would make no sense if you tranq the plants then where did warframe go from here will not make sense.

No... actually I didnt know that wind direction was a thing. Nor did I grasp that you had to be completely stealth and that crouching doesnt work for stealth. At least it doesnt work for 31/32 times. =D

Edited by ThumpumGood

On 2019-04-22 at 9:28 PM, ThumpumGood said:

I have 32 and got credit for 1. I dunno if this is some sort of bug or a cruel joke but NOT happy.

Look for Virmink. They're very common, and only need one shot to tranq them. If you track them, sound the lure and tranq them all in one sequence, you get the Perfect Capture result, which is what counts for Nightwave.

47 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

No... actually I didnt know that wind direction was a thing. Nor did I grasp that you had to be completely stealth and that crouching doesnt work for stealth. At least it doesnt work for 31/32 times. =D

wind?  Do you mean gravity fall for the bullets?  There is no wind direction push the bullet in this game and if there were ppl will see this the next "Battlefield" game.

4 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

dodge speed... move out of the way - not movement speed. And I THINK movement speed mods are run and walk.

There are very few movement Speed mods... infact I don't know any... but theres plenty of Sprint Speed Mods....

Dodge Speed Affects your Roll... which is more useful for moving around than actually moving out of the way of anything... Enemies can catch while you bullet jump off the walls so they have 0 issues catching while you're rolling.

Another option is Arcane Consequence.... but its sort of Counter Intuitive because the you need to weigh the time it takes to land a head shot with the speed boost you get....

I also started using Arcane Phantasm lately.... early results are not good 😞

3 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

wind?  Do you mean gravity fall for the bullets?  There is no wind direction push the bullet in this game and if there were ppl will see this the next "Battlefield" game.

No, not for shooting at enemies.  For capturing animals.  Wind direction apparently does matter for Conservation and capturing animals in the Orb Vallis.  You can tell which way the wind is blowing by watching the snowflakes / frost that drifts down.  As long as the wind is not blowing from you towards the animal, you're fine.  If the wind is blowing from you *to* the animal, there is a chance that it will get "spooked" and closer to being alerted to your Warframe's presence.

(That's assuming that you're actually seriously asking and not simply trying to be random and difficult.)

4 hours ago, EmberStar said:

No, not for shooting at enemies.  For capturing animals.  Wind direction apparently does matter for Conservation and capturing animals in the Orb Vallis.  You can tell which way the wind is blowing by watching the snowflakes / frost that drifts down.  As long as the wind is not blowing from you towards the animal, you're fine.  If the wind is blowing from you *to* the animal, there is a chance that it will get "spooked" and closer to being alerted to your Warframe's presence.

(That's assuming that you're actually seriously asking and not simply trying to be random and difficult.)

The gun is muffled you know that right, I did this many time on the animal while the winter snow is falling and the animals didn't get spoked, they only get spooked when I miss my shot or measuring my distance bit wrong.  Its the bullet make the sound when passing by the animals, not the gun which I have done this many time the test distance judgment for the animals and no it was not the gun which its the bullets making a sound passing by them that how the enemies and animals are working the same way.  If you shoot the bullet aside the enemy they are in alert even thou you put the gun silence and same goes with the animal in Solaris with its tranq's bullet.  So many time I tested using the tranq bullet shooting aside the animals and shooting aside the enemies and they both respond "Alert system" mode for it is like playing all over again with metal gear solid game 3D version 1-4 which both of them has the same thing you shoot the silencer gun aside the head of the enemy they will turn and look depending how far your shooting at depending on the bullet lands on and if the bullet passes through they still hear it because its like shooting an arrow at you but the arrow is not on you to clean out the meaning.