Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WOSS and hydron

(PSN)i7081277

Its very time consuming to kill the wolf of Saturn six. Especially in hydron where most players bring unranked weapons and frames. It's an absolute pain to level things up because most of the time the players in my squad end up aborting. Should DE disable him spawning in areas like hydron akkad and stolfer?

imo i think they should keep him spawning in places like that BUT instead they should reduce his level/health scaling in these types of missions. the only time his health and level should scale up to 50+ is in missions that are set to level 40+ like the void or eris. i get that the wolf is meant to be challenging but if i'm at hydron and he spawn at wave 3, he should be scaled up to level 35-40 max and his health should be set to the levels of the stalker at that point and should have a fair difficulty of being taken down. also they should increase the chance of his hammer parts dropping with the amount of time it takes to try to burn him down, but that's probably an unpopular opinion.

1 hour ago, -Snowy_Nights- said:

imo i think they should keep him spawning in places like that BUT instead they should reduce his level/health scaling in these types of missions.

Or leave him the same and increase the spawn rate in those places even more, so that people will take at least one good piece of gear so that they can contribute to the killing. 🙂

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Or leave him the same and increase the spawn rate in those places even more, so that people will take at least one good piece of gear so that they can contribute to the killing. 🙂

In 95% of matches I've played in hydron/helene everyone has contributed to killing. Having some big 2 billion hp enemy with 3 invincible goons that 1 shot squishies is not fun, and if you do manage to kill him after like 20 minutes of non-stop wailing him...your reward is usually a mod.

Yeah no screw wolf.

53 minutes ago, Okami_Shiranui said:

In 95% of matches I've played in hydron/helene everyone has contributed to killing.

Really? Man I can't tell you how many times I've run it with like just a decent a melee weapon and had to go easy, only to still see that there's still a pretty big deviation in the damage figures. I mean yeah Saryn is queen, and so is a good Equinox, it's next to impossible to keep up with them even when you go all out, but otherwise? 

Must be a really great set of players if they're all capable of making meaningful contributions to the damage, and not have to hold back. 

Having some big 2 billion hp enemy with 3 invincible goons that 1 shot squishies is not fun, and if you do manage to kill him after like 20 minutes of non-stop wailing him...your reward is usually a mod.

Yeah no screw wolf.

Wait, what? But you just said everyone is able to actually contribute! 

Wolf goes down in a few minutes, tops, if even one player has just one good weapon or frame. If all four are actually able to contribute meaningfully he would get curbstomped! 

People keep saying that it takes so long to kill him, but then it turns out that they were basically unarmed, in a frame that can't do much, in a squad equally unprepared, and the weapon they thought was capable of doing godlike damage, isn't built particularly well for taking down the wolf. 

A lot of people have at least one good eidolon rifle, those quickly send him packing. Lots of us will have a Valkyr that with a bit of a tweak can shred the wolf and fugitives quickly. Lots of people have a kitgun that can do crazy crits and lots of rad damage. Squishy frames can often just jump on something high and stump him badly, or go invisible and he has a breakdown. 

It's up to you to figure out how you'd like to go about it, but you are able to kill the wolf, quite a bit faster than 20 minutes. 

Good luck, Tenno. 

9 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Yeah he's a pain on hydron.. it's just awful and broken. The weird thing is when he first released he was doable in hydron.. but after the changes he's way more buff now.. I do like no DMG at all.. even when 4 people shoot at him..

Again, the first release of him was ok at hydron..

Xbox must have a different version. People are actively trying to hunt for him in Hydron. 

Are you sure you have a weapon dealing high radiation damage, modded for crits? 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977

When the wolf spawn, I quit. I can't waste 10-40 min killing beacuse I not a end-game player and my Corinth does a poor damage. Normaly I play alone and I can't fight the wolf. I preffer do conclave or lunaro first!

9 minutes ago, Saldh said:

When the wolf spawn, I quit. I can't waste 10-40 min killing beacuse I not a end-game player and my Corinth does a poor damage. Normaly I play alone and I can't fight the wolf. I preffer do conclave or lunaro first!

I don't think that he spawns in either, so that may be a viable option. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I used rattleguts ^^ it was fine when he first released but now.. 😞

He's actually been nerfed. Maybe the first time you fought him someone in your squad had Shattering Impact equipped and removed his armor, that's why he went down easier.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I used rattleguts ^^ it was fine when he first released but now.. 😞

Do you know, I think that might be the source of your problem rather than the wolf being more buff? 

It’s going to deal innate radiation damage compared to the catchmoon, but catchmoon can do more heat damage which all gets converted to radiation when you put the first electrical damage mod on. If I'm doing several times the damage you can do before our crits get applied, I will probably end up doing significantly more damage by the time the wolf gets hit. 

Off the top of my head I'm dealing over 12k rad, 100% cc, and 4.6x cd. If I replace the primed mods with regular stuff that people would probably already have, I will be dealing closer to 15k rad damage, for around 75% cc and 2.3x cd. 

(The numbers may be a small bit off because I'm going from memory here.) 

My Rhino is also going to buff the damage for over 75% so seeing values of close to 100k coming off of the trash mobs in the waves before the wolf spawns on hydron isn't unusual. 

I can't talk to you about what he was like before, but I can say that as of the last time I shot him down, he didn't take anything like 40, 30, 20 or even 10 minutes in a 4 man squad.