Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack of Vazarin Polarity mods for guns?

bmendonc

Primed cryo rounds, that's the only use for this polarity on weapons, and that's just for rifles. On shotguns, there is literally no reason, and the same can be said for pistols. Sure there is hammer shot, but that's more of a mod for a split between crits and status. Other than a few mods, you are always better off with a madurai or naramon polarity. Is this something DE is planning to keep or add to their list of things to fix. I don't really half mind since it helps with swapping between builds, but I do wonder sometimes why that polarity exists. The zenurik polarity exists on warframes for the aug mods, so is the vazarin polarity for aug mods on weapons?

Thoughts?

• Like 1

D is supposed to be for survival and utility mods, (not sure how cryo rounds and hammer shot is either of those) 

So if there was a life steal mod it would be a lot more helpful. 

But generally D is indeed not useful (unless riven) on range weapons. 

Primed cryo rounds exacerbates this problem ten-fold. Whenever I want the option to hot-swap it in a weapon (egs. Building an eidolon sniper to be shared between chroma and others, or switching between a corrosive and viral build), I usually have to forma 3 other slots just to avoid ruining my other loadouts with a D polarity.

37 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

D is supposed to be for survival and utility mods, (not sure how cryo rounds and hammer shot is either of those)

Cryo Rounds, and the other Cold damage mods, allows a weapon to always slow enemy on hit before Damage 2.0, IIRC. So you could rationalize it as slowing an enemy helps with survival.

Hammer Shot has status chance increase, so I guess that's enough to make it D Polarity?

5 hours ago, bmendonc said:

Primed cryo rounds, that's the only use for this polarity on weapons, and that's just for rifles. On shotguns, there is literally no reason, and the same can be said for pistols. Sure there is hammer shot, but that's more of a mod for a split between crits and status. Other than a few mods, you are always better off with a madurai or naramon polarity. Is this something DE is planning to keep or add to their list of things to fix. I don't really half mind since it helps with swapping between builds, but I do wonder sometimes why that polarity exists. The zenurik polarity exists on warframes for the aug mods, so is the vazarin polarity for aug mods on weapons?

Thoughts?

I loved getting that built-in Vazarin mod slot in Kohm (and then later using Forma to change it!)! And then finding out that only Chilling Grasp is Vazarin. There's also the terrible mod Shotgun Savvy... And one corrupted shotgun mod with Vazarin (Tainted Shell)...

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Shotgun_Mods

That list sums it up... You're absolutely right!

6 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

Cryo Rounds, and the other Cold damage mods, allows a weapon to always slow enemy on hit before Damage 2.0, IIRC. So you could rationalize it as slowing an enemy helps with survival.

Hammer Shot has status chance increase, so I guess that's enough to make it D Polarity?

Puncture reduces enemy damage, that should be the most D mod. 

9 hours ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

D polarities are usually defensive stats, so yeah, not going to be a lot of use for that on weapons. Would be nice if they stopped putting them in guns, but whatever. There are bigger issues to get your pitchforks out for.

then explain narrow-minded and overextended.  

18 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

this mod is very usefull with it the sankti tigrus can hit 100% status pre multishot so it has a use but only one guns with 28-30% SC

This is True... its not idea but helps alot... speakinh of which.... Isn't Sancti Tigris better than The Vaykor Hek ?

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Puncture reduces enemy damage, that should be the most D mod. 

Maybe?

I now remember why the status chance mods, bar the dual damage+/status chance+ mods and newer, are D Polarity. Those mods used to increase stagger chance before Damage 2.0 and status came along, so again, could be rationalized once as for survival/utility. It's more or less a leftover from Damage 1.0 now, including the very low status chance increase from the normal status chance increase mods.

Edited by Renegade343

9 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Maybe?

I now remember why the status chance mods, bar the dual damage+/status chance+ mods and newer, are D Polarity. Those mods used to increase stagger chance before Damage 2.0 and status came along, so again, could be rationalized once as for survival/utility. It's more or less a leftover from Damage 1.0 now, including the very low status chance increase from the normal status chance increase mods.

Most likely,

they really should rework the mod system to get all these things ironed out. Pure status are one of the most useless mods in the game. 

8 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

they really should rework the mod system to get all these things ironed out. Pure status are one of the most useless mods in the game. 

Well, we've been asking it since a short while later after Damage 2.0 just debuted. That's how long those mods stayed that way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Well, we've been asking it since a short while later after Damage 2.0 just debuted. That's how long those mods stayed that way.

I have less than 18 mods (not including the conclave) left to be collected, wonder what will happen first, me finishing my collection Or DE fixing the mods. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

2 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

this mod is very usefull with it the sankti tigrus can hit 100% status pre multishot so it has a use but only one guns with 28-30% SC

You mean 27% right? Because Scattering Inferno, Shell Shock, Frigid Blast, and Toxic Barrage will give your Sancti Tigris 100% before multishot.

So no, this mod is not useful at all. You even said yourself one gun has 28-30% Status which can all reach 100% with the 4 superior 60/60 mods.

EDIT: No you're right..28% needs you to slot one terrible mod.

One gun--> not very useful. This mod sucks.

Edited by nslay

7 hours ago, nslay said:

You mean 27% right? Because Scattering Inferno, Shell Shock, Frigid Blast, and Toxic Barrage will give your Sancti Tigris 100% before multishot.

So no, this mod is not useful at all. You even said yourself one gun has 28-30% Status which can all reach 100% with the 4 superior 60/60 mods.

EDIT: No you're right..28% needs you to slot one terrible mod.

One gun--> not very useful. This mod sucks.

it is useful as the sankti tigerus is one of the most powerful shotguns in game and has heals+ health boost 

4 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

it is useful as the sankti tigerus is one of the most powerful shotguns in game and has heals+ health boost 

Let's call that mod very situational. Yeah, it's good on that gun, but that mod could also afford to be better overall for the benefit of other guns.

10 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

Even with the low Riven disposition of Sancti Tigris, I bet a garbage Riven can still give you the needed +18% status and a negligible boost to something else. That would give you more benefit than that junk mod Shotgun Savvy. It's terrible!

19 minutes ago, nslay said:

Even with the low Riven disposition of Sancti Tigris, I bet a garbage Riven can still give you the needed +18% status and a negligible boost to something else. That would give you more benefit than that junk mod Shotgun Savvy. It's terrible!

and what would I need to pay for said riven?  this admittedly bad mod is free

31 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Let's call that mod very situational. Yeah, it's good on that gun, but that mod could also afford to be better overall for the benefit of other guns.

no disagreement their but it is not useless it has a use.  it should have say 90% SC over the current 30%
it is leagues better than its other versions at sub 15% SC