Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I know devstream is coming this week but can we get news on any upcoming melee changes or decisions? Starving here.

OmgItsHongxD

Question

Huge fan of the melee system in general in Warframe and kinda starving for some mention of further melee 3.0 plans. Like there was mention of stance changes coming in waves but we haven't even gotten a workshop yet for the channeling changes, stats-rebalance, or anything related.

• Like 4

11 answers to this question

Agreed!

It's especially concerning that they originally delayed Tatsu to make it compatible with melee 3.0 stances out of the gate and then turned around and gave it a 2.0 style stance after all.

What stances are in-progress? Are any finished? Are there any difficulties delaying the reworks?

When can we see the rebalance of weapon stats and accompanying combo meter changes?

I'm not expecting any solid dates, but it would be nice to transparently hear where we stand. It's especially frustrating that the last thing we heard was that the devs are working on "juggling," which is neither here nor there in terms of useful iterations on Warframe's style of melee combat.

• Like 2

Will manual blocking ever make a return?

Will we be getting a proper / more traditional looking Nodachi?

Will "Spin 2 Win" FINALLY be addressed with changes to Maiming Strike so that it can't be spammed?

Any thoughts on giving Magistar the "signature weapon" treatment when wielded by Oberon?

2 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Will manual blocking ever make a return?

I hope so. I especially hope they stick to the proposed "blocking adds to the combo meter," which would make defensive play a bit more rewarding.

Will "Spin 2 Win" FINALLY be addressed with changes to Maiming Strike so that it can't be spammed?

The simplest way to do this would be to make it apply only to heavy/charged attacks, and scale the critical bonus with the combo meter. This would also be thematically appropriate, IMO.

Any thoughts on giving Magistar the "signature weapon" treatment when wielded by Oberon?

Yes, please.

6 hours ago, Silver_Shadow_Kaze said:

Huge fan of the melee system in general in Warframe and kinda starving for some mention of further melee 3.0 plans. Like there was mention of stance changes coming in waves but we haven't even gotten a workshop yet for the channeling changes, stats-rebalance, or anything related.

Hey why not some more zaws as well hmmm?

Edited by (XB1)Umbrahowl

Le 30/04/2019 à 23:43, DiabolusUrsus a dit :

The simplest way to do this would be to make it apply only to heavy/charged attacks, and scale the critical bonus with the combo meter. This would also be thematically appropriate, IMO.

Spin-2-win is exploiting 2 things that needs to be fixed anyway. First maim strike giving way too much critical especially for such a low cost mod - aiming for red crits is one of the reason people keep spamming this thing.

Second such attack shouldn't be spammable, hence animation rework or Cooldown addition. I really appreciate some spinning attack to start a fight or to finish some resilient enemies but spamming it and gliding faster than anyone who's bullet jumping while destroying everything in the process is just an exploit, certainly not some gameplay.

They should fix one or both but as long as we'll get stuck with this thing, melee will be as enjoyable as spamming some stupid macro all day long. Many players are tired of this anyway, spin-2-win or sprinting Ignis are just killing all the fun.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 000l000 said:

Spin-2-win is exploiting 2 things that needs to be fixed anyway.

More specifically, Blood Rush calculates off of modded crit chance, which means Maimin Strike is a free extra crit tier on any weapon with at least 10% crit. And yes, slide attack spammability.

7 hours ago, 000l000 said:

They should fix one or both but as long as we'll get stuck with this thing, melee will be as enjoyable as spamming some stupid macro all day long. Many players are tired of this anyway, spin-2-win or sprinting Ignis are just killing all the fun.

Players are only spamming the attack because it has such a high payout. My suggestion fixes both issues without reducing the efficacy of either mod:

First, it is attached to charged/heavy attacks, which cannot be spammed the same way. Second, it scales with combo meter and heavy attacks are supposed to CONSUME combo meter, which means the player must build more combo using different attacks to use it again.

44 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

More specifically, Blood Rush calculates off of modded crit chance, which means Maimin Strike is a free extra crit tier on any weapon with at least 10% crit. And yes, slide attack spammability.

Players are only spamming the attack because it has such a high payout. My suggestion fixes both issues without reducing the efficacy of either mod:

Actually, I spam slide attacks because they are now the only form of melee that doesn't actively get in my way and interfere with my movement. My payout is fluidity of motion. I don't even use maiming strike (there's no room for it on my Lesion).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Actually, I spam slide attacks because they are now the only form of melee that doesn't actively get in my way and interfere with my movement. My payout is fluidity of motion. I don't even use maiming strike (there's no room for it on my Lesion).

That's a different issue entirely, though, which should hopefully be fixed when they start rolling out redone stances.

Not saying I disagree; one of my biggest and most consistent complaints about any stance are combos which kill mobility.