Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon hunts

nicolajtheking2

Question

This sh!t is two-faced AF, because in order to kill/capture your first eidolon you need to already having killed/captured one.

Allow me to explain, typically when people want to get into eidolon hunting, the first thing they want to do is typically find a group, but all the groups only want meta/high "level" players wich in turn leads to the massive amounts of 'ahem' hunting "noobs" that start to complain about it (like me) of wich will lead to massive amounts of salt and toxicity that is common around new eidolon hunters.

Now typically when someone wants to go on a hunt they find a group (as stated above) that is geared toward the hunt, but here's the thing, those hunters that are typically the best equipped to do single-tridolon hunts only want to hunt with others like them and typically either denies "noob" hunters the chance to become actual hunters, or outright just ignores the "noobs" that is desperately crying for help, yet people "need" to do eidolon hunts later in the game for a chance at some of the good stuff, and the "noobs" typically only have access to the 'Mote' amp, and are completely unable to solo an eidolon, wich they have to do since they will only be accepted by other hunters once they have 1 or more eidolon captures/kills.

Make of this what you will in the end it doesn't even matter what you do as a "noob" you will never be able to solo an eidolon with a 'Mote' amp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

the kind that want to get on with playing games and not have to do a theory test beforehand.

Those types of gamers should steer clear of upper end content. It's fine if you want to play Bejeweled: Space Ninja DLC but if you can't take a moment to watch a youtube video or seek out understanding the mechanics of a fight that is detailed like with eidolons, and don't care that you are ruining the experience for other players, go away. That's toxic behavior born out of sheer laziness.

First, I used to go into random squads that dealt with one hunt per night. I got the hang of that. I made a better amp. Then I picked a meta frame myself, and jumped into 2x3. Then after that I started making meta squads and did 3x3. I made a better amp, I started using stuff like Virtuous Shadow. When I got the hang of those I started doing 4x3. Currently have about 5 minutes left in the night after a 4x3, so you can say that it's 4x3 and a Ganty. Not quite 5x3 material, but slowly getting there.

What's the point of this thread?

Just now, SpicyDinosaur said:

Those types of gamers should steer clear of upper end content. It's fine if you want to play Bejeweled: Space Ninja DLC but if you can't take a moment to watch a youtube video or seek out understanding the mechanics of a fight that is detailed like with eidolons, and don't care that you are ruining the experience for other players, go away. That's toxic behavior born out of sheer laziness.

that has to be 1 of the most stupid attempts at elitism i have come accross of late, yeah thats 1 way to show your support for warframe, make sure it remains as confusing and difficult to engage as possible for no apparent reason than stroking your own ego.

Sorry to break it to you fella, but you arent something special just because you manage, and the game wont improve or become as popular by following your clearly idiotic mindset, this is a simple run and gun horde shooter, its not meant to be difficult, and tbh its not, once you know the ins and outs and you ignore all the many many stupid annoyances the game has or has had for years, this isnt kerbal space program or anything requiring some superior thinking so there is no reason whatsoever to make life difficult for newer or casual players.

to think its fine that way is just plain 100% dumb.

7 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

that has to be 1 of the most stupid attempts at elitism i have come accross of late, yeah thats 1 way to show your support for warframe, make sure it remains as confusing and difficult to engage as possible for no apparent reason than stroking your own ego.

Sorry to break it to you fella, but you arent something special just because you manage, and the game wont improve or become as popular by following your clearly idiotic mindset, this is a simple run and gun horde shooter, its not meant to be difficult, and tbh its not, once you know the ins and outs and you ignore all the many many stupid annoyances the game has or has had for years, this isnt kerbal space program or anything requiring some superior thinking so there is no reason whatsoever to make life difficult for newer or casual players.

to think its fine that way is just plain 100% dumb.

I don't think I count as a fella, for one.

For two, your rage makes your post not worth reading. Too much effort for someone who obv hasn't been reading my own posts. I'm hardly elitist. 

Seriously, if you can't watch a simple youtube video, something you probably spend all day doing for PewDiePie, then it's not about elitism. You are welcome to choose that path, just don't ruin this stuff for actual players of the game. Whether they have a mote amp or am x-2-7.

5 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I don't think I count as a fella, for one.

For two, your rage makes your post not worth reading. Too much effort for someone who obv hasn't been reading my own posts. I'm hardly elitist. 

Seriously, if you can't watch a simple youtube video, something you probably spend all day doing for PewDiePie, then it's not about elitism. You are welcome to choose that path, just don't ruin this stuff for actual players of the game. Whether they have a mote amp or am x-2-7.

its not rage, its absolute disbelief that someone apparantly prefers the game to be as unaccessible to other as possible simply because you yourself manage with the way things are now.  also im 43, i dont even know who the funk that pie bloke is, i do know its some streamer my nephew watches but beyond that, no clue.

As for me ruining things for others?  thats a pretty big joke, i constantly advocate to improve ingame systems for new players due to everyone i try to drag to this game getting totally confused/annoyed/irritated with this game after a week, and these are people i have played ut99/cs/rtcw/sof2/bf2/q3/eve/wow and plenty more multiplayer games with, yet here they like many just cant stand the 1/2 built "meh good enough" mechanics tied to the game.

Edited by Methanoid

2 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

its not rage, its absolute disbelief that someone apparantly prefers the game to be as unaccessible to other as possible simply because you yourself manage with the way things are now.  also im 43, i dont even know who the funk that pie bloke is, i do know its some streamer my nephew watches but beyond that, no clue.

As for me ruining things for others?  thats a pretty big joke, i constantly advocate to improve ingame systems for new players due to everyone i try to drag to this game getting totally confused/annoyed/irritated with this game after a week, and these are people i have played ut99/cs/rtcw/sof2/bf2/q3/eve/wow and plenty more multiplayer games with, yet here they like many just cant stand the 1/2 built "meh good enough" mechanics tied to the game.

Maybe this will help you calm down, Frenlo...

sleepy kitten GIF

53 минуты назад, Methanoid сказал:

cats are evil

Sentient mimic spotted

1 час назад, Methanoid сказал:

It is not difficult. Eidolon mechanics are just comparatively complex (compared to pressing 4 on mesa). But they are figured out and crunched for you already. You can choose to spend 10 minutes reading an eidolon 101 and skip reinventing the wheel. Or you can be a spacemommy's special freezing step ephemera and get a loki with a boltor or an inaros with an ignis potentially screwing things for 3 other people because basic preparation is racist.

Or you can reinvent the wheel if you want to, just try not to do it at the expense of other people that didn't ask for this.

hace 1 hora, Methanoid dijo:

to be fair, plenty of other games, even garbage ones, much much older than warframe at least have simple tools ingame to accomplish that rather than relying on spam channels, hoping they get noticed among the spam or via 3rd party websites they have to alt-tab into.

I dont know absolute no game that has a "i am noob" matchmaking ... and "channels" are ingame O.o .

14 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

I dont know absolute no game that has a "i am noob" matchmaking ... and "channels" are ingame O.o .

so if right now you load up guild wars 2, wow, elder scrolls online and many other games do you think finding a group/clan/whatever is difficult?  you dont have to enter an archaic irc spam channel, you just open up the LFG tool and click a button for whatever you wish to do/run and you are done, either looking for, or creating a group is pretty simple stuff, many of those even have job/role options that even warframe could fudge into something useable.

But no, we have quakenet irc channels we have to spam for attention when you want more than blind public matchups, and in the case of things like derelict, for some reason we still have to do all that manually because reasons.

5 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Yes you freaking will. Obviously it will take you much longer.

But thats not actually required to get enough standing or cores to get 1st rank with the quills or amp other than mote. Vombs can be easily killed solo and really thats far from the most grindiest thing in warframe to do.

Not to mention there are roles that dont require you to use your amp at all. They do require other thing but if you think something is gonna be just handed to you in "end game" activity, you're in for a rude awakening. Either suck it up and grind rep with what you got or suck it up and wait patiently for a group that aims at beginners and does 1x3 or 2x3 max to appear on the recruiting chat or host one yourself.

Well there is a sure ***ing rule that says all the whiners dont want to work for anything or even learn from guides (i mean who those youtubers think they are, making useful content that teaches players that dont have ANYONE to teach them and cant complete missions solo either how to do stuff to help them, save their time and stuff) and all they wanna do is to get carried disregarding the inconviniences and troubles that brings to those that carry them.

Your typical pug warframe players.

Yeah.

On their own. Or with friends.

And since some are way too ---- to do it alone and have no friends they decided to bug oout random people that already know what to do but never signed out to teach anyone anything and just wanted to play the blasted game.

Such achievment much wow.

You are rambling and incoherent. Has someone wronged you in some way?

Are you trying to say that if a player wants to figure the game out for themselves that they are bad and should not play the game because it might annoy you?

So if they dont go look up a walkthrough that will tell them step by step how to play the game they are bad players?

Do you hear yourself?

*pulls up knee high socks* Back In my day walk-throughs and guides were considered cheating.

hace 9 minutos, Methanoid dijo:

so if right now you load up guild wars 2, wow, elder scrolls online and many other games do you think finding a group/clan/whatever is difficult?  you dont have to enter an archaic irc spam channel, you just open up the LFG tool and click a button for whatever you wish to do/run and you are done, either looking for, or creating a group is pretty simple stuff, many of those even have job/role options that even warframe could fudge into something useable.

But no, we have quakenet irc channels we have to spam for attention when you want more than blind public matchups, and in the case of things like derelict, for some reason we still have to do all that manually because reasons.

You have a perfectly fine matchmaking for eidolon .... without doing any more than click in it .... find group its not difficult . But he is not asking for a group , he is asking for people to carry him .

3 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

You have a perfectly fine matchmaking for eidolon .... without doing any more than click in it .... find group its not difficult . But he is not asking for a group , he is asking for people to carry him .

Thats because thats how this Syndicated is Gated.... most hunters get carried to get their first proper Amp then they can contribute. After that they can then carry others and continue this stupid Cycle.

As a semi experienced eidolon hunter (100+hydros) and a teacher in my alliance i can say this is wrong on many levels. 

1. To get basic stuff you can hunt terries in pub. Even 4 motes with any frames can do that easily, no one ever gets booted from terry runs, if you write just anything you will learn how to do that. Few nights and you get a 223 amp. With 223 you can easily do a 1-2x3 with no school on you. Thats not much work for what is supposed to be endgame. For sorties you need half of the maps and shyt load of quests done and noone is saying its too much work to unlock that. If you get into a decent clan you will also find people to help you with that. I post every night i am ingame on my alliance page that i am doing the hunt. I require nothing, i dont care about amp, school or frame nor weapons, the only thing i require is a will and ability to listen. 

2. I will gladly carry and explain everything to anyone ingame as long as i know that someone needs and wants that. There is a huge difference between taking a mote amp as Harrow pretending you are stacking madurai for half of the fight than writing i lost stacks and get carried by others.. Or actually asking politely "i am a newbie, i know how to terry can you show me how to do the rest". For me and i think most of hunters its a gigantic difference. We can easily carry and explain when we know we are doing it and we run 3x3 chill runs. Just not when we want some challenge and are posting 5x3+ and we get pms from people with 1 terry kill. What did you think will happen? 

3. I have never ever experienced a newbie shut down when he asked politely to be taught, but i did experience runs when trinity not telling anything died 4 times when catching lures and wasted a trio run before it really even started. Yeah it can be that bad.

4. Just a tip if you are newbie already with terry experience and a useful frame and maybe some of the focus school done - write in trio capture. Tell everyone that you are here to learn and need some guidance, in 99% cases you will be astouned how good the community is. Some will leave but most will stay and show you the ins and outs and you will probably get few friends on your list for the next night. 

If you are a newbie and you have troubles you can message me ingame (same nick) and i will help gladly. 

If you don't write truth and want to be carried by random people on an endgame you are the problem, not the activity nor those that dont want to carry you. If you want to be carried all the way up it is also your problem, not the game nor the community. 

8 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

can you show where he actually asks for a carry?  if you are talking about the OP, the way i read it is that he is complaining of a sort of catch22 situation where the groups he ends up in are expecting or insisting on a minimum grade of gear to be fielded which he does not have so is probably having others disband and reform leaving him perpetually making more attempts at trying to join another group that may or may not go anywhere.

If you mean that the OP wants to piggy back with experienced players who know wth they are doing then who in their right mind wouldnt want to do that, cant imagine 4 clueless players getting far without 1 or 2 ppl who know what to do giving advice if needed, it sounds like he is just having issues getting some basic operator/amp stuff sorted before he can show some results in the godzilla hunts and maybe just doesnt know a better way to get a new amp.

The solution is simple, do like everyone else at the beginning and fight only Terry until you have a better amp and some focus.

Naturally you wont find a group for Terry in LFG, because it doesn't have any special prerequisite in order for one to be effective.

Last, if you're running Mote and want to do Tridolons you're either misguided or entitled, no middle ground.

Edited by Ver1dian