The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 16 - Accepted Items!

It's the last day of the month, please DE it would be great to have these before the end of May after waiting all month! 😮

13 hours ago, Scruffel said:

Technically, the Solaris United are tied to the Corpus, but are not apart of them. And I am not sure if Open World factions would thread into the Syndicate category, which is not allowed for TennoGen artists to create stuff for.  As far as I know, there isn't a single Corpus unit or NPC that has a hood.

Same could be said of the Corpra theme though, it's tied to the Corpus but not a part of them, so it shouldn't have to rely on the faction's themes that strictly either? Maybe I'm misunderstanding but if Little Duck's allowed to have a hood due to being related but not a part of the Corpus faction why not the same for Corpus themed Warframes? 🤔

Edited by gekkougabutt
fix

1 hour ago, gekkougabutt said:

Same could be said of the Corpra theme though, it's tied to the Corpus but not a part of them, so it shouldn't have to rely on the faction's themes that strictly either? Maybe I'm misunderstanding but if Little Duck's allowed to have a hood due to being related but not a part of the Corpus faction why not the same for Corpus themed Warframes? 🤔

No? The Corpra theme is supposed to be based on the Corpus, but of course is not apart of them in terms of general lore and the fact that they are non-canon cosmetics. Yet this does mean that if a TennoGen skin were to be tied to a specific faction, it still needs to reflect that within those designs of the faction it's supposed to represent. If you were to look at the Graxx series, practically all of them follow what DE has stated to be their main aesthetics (source).

Within the game's lore however, Solaris United is connected to the Corpus, but is not apart of them, making them a separate faction. And again, if Open World factions were to be counted as Syndicates within DE's guidelines, then a TennoGen artists would be unallowed to create themes or designs tied to them. So either way, hoods are not a design element of the Corpus.

47 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

No? The Corpra theme is supposed to be based on the Corpus, but of course is not apart of them in terms of general lore and the fact that they are non-canon cosmetics. Yet this does mean that if a TennoGen skin were to be tied to a specific faction, it still needs to reflect that within those designs of the faction it's supposed to represent. If you were to look at the Graxx series, practically all of them follow what DE has stated to be their main aesthetics (source).

Within the game's lore however, Solaris United is connected to the Corpus, but is not apart of them, making them a separate faction. And again, if Open World factions were to be counted as Syndicates within DE's guidelines, then a TennoGen artists would be unallowed to create themes or designs tied to them. So either way, hoods are not a design element of the Corpus.

Ah I think I get it, if I'm understanding this right the reason this skin wasn't accepted is the fact it was a Corpus themed skin outside Corpus design aesthetics. Well now I'm super curious as to what would've happened if the artist never gave any hint of their Solaris inspirations, and just marketed it as a "Cyberpunk" themed skin or something, if it would've still been denied by DE if there was no Corpus attachment stated or not. 😮

Edited by gekkougabutt

3 hours ago, gekkougabutt said:

Ah I think I get it, if I'm understanding this right the reason this skin wasn't accepted is the fact it was a Corpus themed skin outside Corpus design aesthetics. Well now I'm super curious as to what would've happened if the artist never gave any hint of their Solaris inspirations, and just marketed it as a "Cyberpunk" themed skin or something, if it would've still been denied by DE if there was no Corpus attachment stated or not. 😮

There were a variety of factors that resulted in us not being able to consider it for Round 16, unfortunately. Marketing of an item has little way on the team's decision, since it is grounded in technical and style guidelines. 🙂

1 minute ago, [DE]Taylor said:

There were a variety of factors that resulted in us not being able to consider it for Round 16, unfortunately. Marketing of an item has little way on the team's decision, since it is grounded in technical and style guidelines. 🙂

I see, I was only considering about the whole Corpus hood design thing but if that's not why then that makes a bit more sense. 😯

6 hours ago, LoveyTheLoving said:

Hay i know you can't really give us a date but do you think we will be able to see these in game around 4-6 weeks from now?

I'm going to guess it could possibly be the next or the following week, since the items have already gotten into the Accepted Section of the Workshop, which could mean DE is on the last few steps of finally releasing the next round.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

I'm going to guess it could possibly be the next or the following week, since the items have already gotten into the Accepted Section of the Workshop, which could mean DE is on the last few steps of finally releasing the next round.

It's probably stupid but I'm still hoping it'll be released before or on Monday, aka exactly a month since the first announcement, probably too specific/soon to hope for but how perfect would that be! 😀 Also has items getting onto the Accepted Section been a sign of closer release in past Rounds? 😮

Le 17/05/2019 à 14:14, ZenKraD a dit :

Lots of nice stuff from so many talented people. 

Just REALLY wished for Fierce Khora 😢

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

Seams lots of people wanted this one, please make it happen 😍

takemymoney.jpg

Edited by darkbrick
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

The creator already posted the "factors" that were given to him and each and every one of them lacked credibility. I genuinely think the program needs to re-evaluate its style guidelines to be less arbitrarily restrictive. "Too much cloth" is not a good reason for ANY skin to be rejected, for instance. Many of the Graxx skins are almost entirely cloth (Ember, Harrow, Limbo, Mag, and Mesa off the top of my head) despite the actual Grineer using very little cloth in their designs, yet those skins were accepted immediately (and very much deserved to be accepted). That is the definition of arbitrary.

Edited by MaraWuti

On 2019-05-29 at 12:39 PM, Jarriaga said:

The only change I notice is that the spikes now have a "shell" instead of looking like energy, and the visor now looks like a hair strand. Is there something else I'm missing?

That said, I do like the new look a more since it's more "armored" than her original design.

The head shape is my issue. It's more noticeable from the 3D model, but her profile has changed dramatically.

On 2019-05-29 at 12:49 PM, gekkougabutt said:

The changes look very minor to me, compared to Valkyr Mithra's changes looking at them side by side this is nothing, and tbh I prefer the new version better, more subtle and less covered in lights, and the old helmet sort looked like it belonged on Valkyr and looking at the final design for Valkyr Mithra there's definitely a resemblance.

The body is more or less the same, but I wanted the skin because of the helmet profile. Absolutely despise her default proportions and have been hoping this skin could fix it. That's why I voted for it also I'm a huge fan of Bastet (minus the dated textures) and I was eager to give our new cat lady the same treatment. I'm not very interested in playing her with this new prettier fat head. 

Edited by (XB1)RECLAIMERR117

Can we get more infested content? Like an infested openworld with giant infested behemoths and underwater monsters and infested archguns and archwings and more infested enemys like the infested has alot more potential and i would like to see how u guys make this even more awesome

On 2019-05-31 at 4:36 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Didn't you guys show us the accepted items in the game already? which was over a month ago now?

Been over a month now since the announcement, am keeping my fingers crossed for this week at least please DE lemme be right when I say that for once! 😵

On 2019-06-03 at 8:39 AM, (XB1)RECLAIMERR117 said:

The body is more or less the same, but I wanted the skin because of the helmet profile. Absolutely despise her default proportions and have been hoping this skin could fix it. That's why I voted for it also I'm a huge fan of Bastet (minus the dated textures) and I was eager to give our new cat lady the same treatment. I'm not very interested in playing her with this new prettier fat head. 

I dunno I've been comparing the two, while the helmet shape is definitely different of all things the size of the head compared to default Khora isn't that much wider than her old version, all of Khora's default helmets are far wider reaching her shoulders and look oversized for her tiny neck but the new Mithra helmet doesn't do either, even if it isn't the same shape it still accomplishes making her look nicer for people like us who have an issue with her default helmets I'd say! It'd just need a bit of getting used to. 😉

3 hours ago, Zor-m said:

I don't care about anything but I just want a Wisp Alt helmet this round

Her files were only released 25 days after the accepted items list for this round were released so, realistically there's pretty much no way we'll get any Tennogen of her until next round at least, unfortunately. Plus there's lots of behind the scenes work that needs to be done on accepted skins before they can be put in game from the announcement to release so if they added one as an exception this late it would set the release of the round back probably. 🙁