Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 16 - Accepted Items!

2 minutes ago, Tsaiorchis said:

How do you know it did?

The replies from Taylor lay out that there are reasons why the skin didn’t make it in.

That post was before she even gave out reasons why it didn't make it in, and I even replied to those posts, did you not see that?

1 minute ago, Zahnny said:

And those are?

"We think the Loki skin is excellent, but there were some stylistic concerns that would take too much time to fix for this round, unfortunately. Rest assured it'll be getting feedback!" is what Taylor said

33 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We only share specific feedback with creators themselves out of respect for their privacy. It's up to them if they want to talk more publicly about it, once they have received it. 

Can I ask why Mesa Corpra got rejected?

2 minutes ago, Vexhnolyze said:

That post was before she even gave out reasons why it didn't make it in, and I even replied to those posts, did you not see that?

The problem most people have with Tennogen is that nobody at DE has any open dialogue with the Tennogen program anymore. The Q&A thread that is still currently PINNED might I add, has gone without a reply from any member of DE for nearly a year. I tried bringing this up with Taylor and other members of DE but essentially got shut down or was given a generic message that didn't even pretend to acknowledge my questions.

If DE want to cut ties with its fanbase over Tennogen that's fine, but DE has left it open ended and ambigious by continuing to have a pinned thread up despite DE's refusal to use the thread. It's straight up negligance and I take offense over the thread being pinned when it no longer has a purpose. I'll use a word that I learned from Warframe, Derelict. That's what the thread has become. People still go in and explore this abandoned thread and ask questions but the owners are long gone.

If I'm sounding upset it's because I am. I have tried patiently to ask each time and I'm met with silence. I've been trying to wrestle an answer out of DE over if Operator suit Tennogen has been scrapped and it feels like I've been ranting at the sky. There's a time and a place for patience but DE have shown me it isn't here.

I'm not a Tennogen creator, and I don't think I ever will be. But I've tried my best to support Tennogen since the steam workshop opened for it. It feels reflective of other aspects of the game, Tennogen no longer feels like a passion project for DE, just a money grab and I hate to say anything in Warframe is that, but what else can I call it? Dialogue is null, we only hear Tennogen when a new frame is added or a round is released/announced and worst of all, we have no real way of knowing what DE deems as acceptable. That border is a gray fuzzy line and I know it must take its toll on Tennogen creators who can't ask for feedback until a round has been overviewed. These rules feel more like favouritism. and it's upsetting.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Ascythian said:

Awaiting the current replies of 'Why didn't X get in?'

To answer, its up to the creators to A] Make their creations compatible with the rules and B] They have to do it in time for when their creations get picked. Its also possible that their creations will get overlooked so that new creators get a chance to showcase their work and the time available to make sure they get in game over working on Warframe and its many bugfixes and new features.

I'm pretty sure that DE has said before (and again in this thread) that they don't "hold slots."  Not for established creators, and not for new faces.  They accept all the submissions that they feel meet their criteria.  Why would they want to do otherwise?  A tennogen that isn't accepted is a tennogen people can't buy.  They'd be leaving money on the table to simply refuse to include an acceptable submission just "because reasons.

I know there's been at least one round of Tennogen where they accepted so many that they had to break it into three separate releases.  (Since the submissions do sometimes still require further refinement and physics rigging and other touchups that Tennogen creators can't do with the tools and resources available to them.)

Honestly, saying that there' some conspiracy to NOT include everything they can is... "Hey, here's this thing that we can sell, for money.  But we don't want money so we're not going to sell it.  Even though we could totally do that."  o.O

• Like 1

I am so pumped about this round! Finally a skin for my Khora (and a helm!!) and two for my valkyr! Fingers crossed that Fierce Khora makes it into the next round!

Does anyone know roughly how long it usually takes for them to be added in game (PC) after they announce the accepted skins?

🙂

Edited by itscrisis
forgot my question!

There's a lot of negativity about Tennogen these days. Not critique of the items themselves, which is always valuable to creators, but just anger that this or that item did or didn't get in. Sometimes there are stylistic concerns (which I cannot impress the importance of maintaining enough!), and other times there are bits of the skins and helmets that the creators themselves aren't happy with, so they have to wait until the next batch to submit the finalised version. It's not that your favourite item just isn't going to make it into the game unless it is poorly made (which is very rare these days with such talented creators behind them) or wildly outside of DE's preferred style for their universe. As long as that's taken care of, it's really only a matter of time until it gets in.

Personally, I'm really, really pleased with this batch. There's nothing that is completely over the top or huge and glowing, but are instead rather conservative by Tennogen standards. It's all beautiful, but not in an overbearing way. I'm particularly interested in the Hydroid Karkinos helmet, the Nikana Ungulata skin and of course the Nyx Technopsyche skin and helmet! I really want to see how items like the Valkyr Leonessa end up looking in my colours, too.

• Like 3

Compared for example ION - Mask https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1503577961 with a set of Garasu Operator ... I was very surprised - what did DE choose. But then I looked at the author of the work and everything was in place. I forgot - that this is a lukinu_u round. Of course, the choice of DE was absolutely impartial and depended solely on the wishes of the community Ha-Ha ...

Any thoughts on still considering anything from the BOTL series?  Not sure if some of the more recent ones aren't being accepted due to aesthetic reasons or technical issues, but that Nidus skin is absolutely insane for how much work went into changing the infested appearance. :D

On a side note has there been anything in console news for tennogen round 14 stuff still to come or are we still in the dark as to whether we'll see potentially any of these in the future?

Thanks

Heh. No ION Cloak. Again.

Seriously, super underwhelmed by the "capes", if you can even call them that anymore. What does one need to do to get a back item that remotely resembles an actual cloak? Something that's not over-the-top but can also help me make a cool space-knight looking frame? I'm limited to Repala and Isabeau, which are awesome, but both can be a little too much sometimes. 😕

Just give me ION Cloak. Please. It's becoming a meme at this point, almost like Excalibur skins every Tennogen round. If you can break that paradigm, certainly you can bring yourself to give us one cape, yes?

Edited by Auranim
rant wasn't enough.
  • Like 1