Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potato Invasions

rpgfiend

Question

So I get up this morning to find I had slept through an invasion with a reactor reward around 11 PM EDT.

Would be nice if invasions/rewards were equally available for AM and PM players. If a potato invasion pops up in the PM then maybe another will pop 12 hours later? Something like that.

Edited by rpgfiend

13 answers to this question

If you mean the dev stream blue potato alert then it was for 24h, random potato alerts shouldnt happen, but invasions ones should appear now and then

Also there is no 'nocturnal' or 'diurnals' as warframe is played from all over the world, while you sleep others can be halfway in their day, so thats not a valid statement 

Edited by AwkwardLazarow
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, rpgfiend said:

So I get up this morning to find I had slept through a reactor alert around 11 PM EDT.

Not sure why these seem occur for the nocturnal gamers and not for us diurnals.

The alerts are active for 24 hours.

Must have been a long sleep!

• Like 2

This is why Nightwave exists, and they intend on changing Invasions next. You know this because that and sorties are the only un-tweaked alerts in the Navigation UI, and still use the old system. Stick to focusing on the stress-free Nightwave challenges, embrace Nora, and be patient about it. It's no big deal to miss a single reactor, especially right. Everyone that's played long enough has missed much more.

3 hours ago, rpgfiend said:

So I get up this morning to find I had slept through a reactor alert around 11 PM EDT.

Not sure why these seem occur for the nocturnal gamers and not for us diurnals.

hi!

fun fact: it's not the same time all over the world.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

The alerts are active for 24 hours.

Must have been a long sleep!

I caught the earlier 2 and I remember thinking, "wow those are short". I'm fairly certain they were not 24 hours though.

23 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

more fun facts: there are more places in the world than that.

8am in western australia right now...

W/e dude, not going to argue over the minutiae. I was merely suggesting it would be nice if they posted same rewards for AM and PM players alike, equally.

Edited by rpgfiend

OK bare with me here but, you do know that your AM and PM aren't universal across the globe right? When you catch an alert/invasion for a potato when you're awake , lots of other tenno across the globe miss it cuz they are asleep. And you know what they do? Not come complaining to the forums about it, that's for sure.

DE have made sure to balance out these things, today you miss one invasion, tomorrow you catch another, which other people around the globe miss. Don't look at things so selfishly!

Edited by EDM774

Invasions "complete" the more people play them (at least that's how they used to work), so whereas you might see a Detonite Injector vs. Fieldron invasion last a day or two, a Detonite Injector vs. Orokin Reactor BP will only last a few hours as everyone is going to run that ASAP.

You might not like it, but that's how it is. Some people will get it, some people wont. Those who didn't get it will have to wait for the next one to show up.