Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Wolf (lack of) spawning mechanic make it a bad feature

MonsterOfMyOwn

So far the Wolf is seen as an unkillable boss with pugs, and doable with appropriate team, why not, I'm not a fan of bullet sponge, but why not having 1 boss that way... as long as he doesn't make you fail the mission by his own presence !

And as there are no way to make him spawn or not spawn, it's seen just as an annoyance (and major annoyance as the drop rates for valuable items are very low).

So, at the very least, next time the Wolf is coming may we have small changes such as : no wolf spawn in interception, defense, rescue (?), and any other missions in which you can't flee and/or he may lead to an auto failure.

and I may add derelict (because void keys), or having the option to not encounter him when soloing ?

I really liked the Acolyte event, or even the way the Juggernaut is handled. It's disappointing that the Wolf was "just another random assassin", while being a bullet sponge at the same time. Warframe is about farming and adding a random auto loss feature is not what we like as players.

Edited by MonsterOfMyOwn
  • Like 1

While some are dying to see him some hate his insane resistance to damage and dont even wanna look at him. Eventually, in the future after a few nightwave seasons have passed, DE may introduce a Wold beacons like other kill squads, its expected as they make new content harder when its released then after a year or more they make it way easier

• Like 1

Random boss spawning along with random specific loot is one of the worst feature, ever. So far this boss has been a complete waste of time especially when 2 or 3 of your team members are dealing atrocious damages (blame most people stupidly using Ignis Wraith all day long on this one).

I'd have prefered seeing only random escapees dropping some clues about where Wolf was hiding or whatever, and then sending us on a hunt. Not some dull health sponge who can only spawn when you're unlocking a riven, solo with crappy gear. 😂

And please DE, stop this 36% specific boss loot drop rate non sense. Bosses have 100% drop rate, period. Unless they want to fuel some Wolf parts mafia, as if rivens weren't enough. 😁

Edited by 000l000

I can't help but agree. It's something I wrote in the general feedback topic: Wolf (and other incoming seasonal bosses)  should be an opt-in encounter. For example coming for revenge if you caught the fugitives, but avoidable if you destroy their distress beacon (something like in Orb Vallis) or get out of its range, so using mechanics already present in game.

I met him only 4 times while playing daily since the beginning, but caught dozens of fugitives. So, if those two events were connected, it's a higher encounter rate + no more threat to underprepared teams + players can ignore him if focused on other things/speedrunning.

I hope I'll get that hammer when he finally settles down.

I've been farming him for weeks now and I'm sitting on 6 heads and 3 handles with 0 motor or bps while random low levels are having him spawn almost every other mission and thus rewarding them with multiple sets of that accursed hammer. DE needs to increase his spawn chance depending on player levels so high levels who actively farm him don't waste hours of their lives with * to show for it.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to farm the hammer but I do know I won't be playing Warframe for a while regardless and I'm not the only one burnt out by this excessive grind. DE needs to realise they're hurting their dedicated playerbase with this bs and stop trying to camouflage content droughts with disgustingly low drop rates or they're gonna see a massive drop in players because of it, we play this game to enjoy and feel progress, not to sit in Hydron all day and leave empty handed and depressed

He actually shows up at least three times a day for me now which is enjoyable.

However, I STILL need the motor and would like the mask (not needed but wanted), but every time he’s shown up since about.. two weeks ago, it’s been nothing but junk mods.

If he’s so rare and desired, why not just keep his drop table as is and remove the crap mods? I know they’re upping his Wolf Sledge parts but it’s kind of disappointing when you beat the guy and get a fire mod lol.

6 hours ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

So far the Wolf is seen as an unkillable boss with pugs, and doable with appropriate team, why not, I'm not a fan of bullet sponge, but why not having 1 boss that way... as long as he doesn't make you fail the mission by his own presence !

Nowhere near unkillable in pugs.

Definitely much faster depending on the group composition and preparedness (one time I saw Chroma, Valkyr and my Rhino all wailing on him and he just plain disintegrated before my eyes).

Didn't fail a single mission because of an appearance, probably because I made sure that I always had at least one way to deal with him in a reasonable amount of time. 

A lot of the problems that people are having seem to be of their own making. Weaker players who haven't got the understanding or ability to mod their weapons, will definitely have a difficult time. Leechers who take no good gear, while levelling will definitely have difficulty. People who don't make use of the environment to lure the wolf away from sensitive targets, or negate much of his ability to deal damage, will definitely have a difficult time. 

Ever since that sweet sentient mask of his was introduced as a drop, I am farming him, or at least trying to. I have seen, fought and defeated him more than 50 times with my Valkyr, got almost 2 sets of his hammer, 2 tempo royals, 2 target acquireds, and no mask. Having a low spawn rate boss with an item that has an antrociously low drop chance is soul crushing. Also, to people who complain about how tanky he is, I understand and agree with that if you are new and don't have access to a weapon that could deal with him. Otherwise, just carry something with some radiation damage, or run a specific build to take him down like I do. Shadow stalker was also very hard to take down when he was introduced, people figured him out overtime though, and so will they with the Wolf.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Nowhere near unkillable in pugs.

Definitely much faster depending on the group composition and preparedness (one time I saw Chroma, Valkyr and my Rhino all wailing on him and he just plain disintegrated before my eyes).

Didn't fail a single mission because of an appearance, probably because I made sure that I always had at least one way to deal with him in a reasonable amount of time. 

A lot of the problems that people are having seem to be of their own making. Weaker players who haven't got the understanding or ability to mod their weapons, will definitely have a difficult time. Leechers who take no good gear, while levelling will definitely have difficulty. People who don't make use of the environment to lure the wolf away from sensitive targets, or negate much of his ability to deal damage, will definitely have a difficult time. 

that's not about leeching, but playing the game with items adequate to the level. I do have a catchmoon that deal correct damages (15k rad, 77%CHC), but I haven't Primed pistol mods nor riven for it, the wolf spawned while I was doing a mission with randos, who could easily do the mission, but the wol appear and at lvl 75 with his armor removed my catchmoon didn't even scratched him (I could not seen his healthbar move, so I just flee)

I've stopped soloing derelict missions (with 4 dragon keys) because the wolf made it even more tedious.

33 minutes ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

that's not about leeching, but playing the game with items adequate to the level. I do have a catchmoon that deal correct damages (15k rad, 77%CHC), but I haven't Primed pistol mods nor riven for it, the wolf spawned while I was doing a mission with randos, who could easily do the mission, but the wol appear and at lvl 75 with his armor removed my catchmoon didn't even scratched him (I could not seen his healthbar move, so I just flee)

I've stopped soloing derelict missions (with 4 dragon keys) because the wolf made it even more tedious.

What's the multiplier? 2.3x? If so you might want to find other ways to boost damage, volt shield, Rhino roar, Chroma, etc. 

And if the 4 of you were each able to do that much damage, you would have had him down in minutes. 

as the wolf is RNG, and as I have other things to do (I used to farm derelict, Tycho Lua, do a few Hydron to level new gears now farm axi L4, sorties, etc) I won't gear up for something that has 6% chance to appear. Chroma is already a "must have" for profit taker, I use it as little as possible.

3 hours ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

as the wolf is RNG, and as I have other things to do (I used to farm derelict, Tycho Lua, do a few Hydron to level new gears now farm axi L4, sorties, etc) I won't gear up for something that has 6% chance to appear. Chroma is already a "must have" for profit taker, I use it as little as possible.

You choose to not prepare, so when he shows up 6% of the time, you can blame the person who is responsible for your lack of preparation. 

I was levelling gear, in public matches, on Hydron, almost every single time he spawned for me. 

I did the majority of the damage on all but four occasions as far as I can recall, and for 3 of those I had the second highest. Only the first one of those, his first appearance for me, took what I'd consider a long time. After that I made adjustments to my gear and haven't had any issues since. 

Oh and I seldom use Chroma. Been doing it with Rhino instead. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
Last bit.

And so you seriously imply that we should all play self damage buff frame, always carrying a max CHC rad rubico for the whole duration of nightwave just because a random troll boss can appear ?

I can understand that for a week-end event, or boss spawning with a "beacon", or a given planet, not anywhere / anytime. That was the purpose of this topic to criticize the spawning mechanism of the wolf, and answers like "you may have prepared for it" is clearly not the appropriate answer, as I don't want a game to troll me with random spawn and force me to play a limited choice of weapons / frame for every content (as opposed to specific content).

I'd be fine with Wolf if he were optional - an Assassination mission off on its own node that I have to deliberately pick. That way, I'd know I'll be fighting him and bring the appropriate gear, rather than having him spawn on me while I'm levelling up throwaway MR crap. And if DE are worried about people over-farming him (because we can't have nice things), then resource-lock him like Kayla de Dayum and the Ambulas. Have the Saturn Six Fugitives drop a resource of some kind, and let players attempt the Wolf after, say, 30-60 individual Fugitives captured.

There are ways to do Wolf better. I'm frankly surprised that we're back here having the same discussions we did circa "The Pyrus Project," which had the exact same issue of badly-scaling, occasionally invulnerable Grenier spawning randomly into your mission long after you were done with the event.

2 hours ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

And so you seriously imply that we should all play self damage buff frame, always carrying a max CHC rad rubico for the whole duration of nightwave just because a random troll boss can appear ?

I can understand that for a week-end event, or boss spawning with a "beacon", or a given planet, not anywhere / anytime. That was the purpose of this topic to criticize the spawning mechanism of the wolf, and answers like "you may have prepared for it" is clearly not the appropriate answer, as I don't want a game to troll me with random spawn and force me to play a limited choice of weapons / frame for every content (as opposed to specific content).

Really? 

I gave 3 common frames that could help you boost your ability to deal damage. One of them is literally the second frame most of us had a chance to get. Instead of thinking along the lines of "how can I use of the information to find an option to improve my damage" you seem to be looking for any cause to reject one part so that you can reject the whole?

I feel for you, but "you can prepare for it if you choose to" is a highly valid answer. I can say that because many people have chosen to do that. They tend to be the ones who aren't complaining about the spawns, don't run away from the fight, and have successfully farmed the hammer and mask. 

At some point you are going to have to take responsibility for the choices you make in the game, Tenno. Right now you are reiterating that you are choosing not to prepare adequately for what you may face.