Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fashion vs Stats

(PSN)Hikuro-93

I like Fashion frame, and I like to benefit from stats. But what to do when fashion is tied to stats, do we look pretty or do we become stronger? As most know this game has had several cases of it over the years but thankfully it seems like DE is going further and further away from "fashion-stat items". We had arcane helmets with stats which simply became other type of mods known as arcanes. Frame exalted weapons used to depend on "stat-sticks" and are now their own weapons as far as modding goes.

But some cases of this still remain to this day. For example Syndicate sigils are still the only sigils that are actually tied to stats (+ syndicate rep gain), or some frame abilities (not exalted, for example Atlas's first or Khora's whip) which still use stat sticks. Should we further separate this line and include these two in the former group as well? Make syndicate sigils purely cosmetic and find other ways to choose how to gain rep, or make non-exalted offensive abilities also have their own modding screen?

From where I stand, as someone who strongly dislikes that mix up, yes. And I see no disadvantage in doing it. In fact, I think player freedom always has many benefits. But I was curious as to what the community feels about this, since there might be something I overlooked. And knowing the game is still expanding and evolving, and QoL seems to be one of DE's latest points of focus.

Can we just go back to when Frame Abilities were taking their damage from your equipped weapons? All this exalted weapon stuff makes frames be an even more ridiculous grind and investment (for very little reward, mind), and just outright makes them unnecessarily complicated.

As for sigils, frankly, I don't particularly care. They aren't pay-2-win, they can be hidden, so if they're to stay this way, they don't particularly bother me.

11 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

I agree. Gara, Khora, Atlas, need their weapon-abilities decoupled like Excalibur, Valkyr, Titania and so on.

Gara doesn’t have a weapon ability, it’s just an ability.  Last I checked for atlas as well, it’s a single cast kinda thing.

Edited by aswitz87
Stupid autocorrect

8 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Can we just go back to when Frame Abilities were taking their damage from your equipped weapons? All this exalted weapon stuff makes frames be an even more ridiculous grind and investment (for very little reward, mind), and just outright makes them unnecessarily complicated.

That's true, it does require more investment. But on the other hand you only do it once. With stat-sticks you're basically compelled to using a single weapon paired with a single frame most of the time, which can be annoying and limiting. I mean, I'm trying to get into Atlas now, and I like to use all his abilities, but his fists are very useful for generating rubble, and "strong". But the only issue with the "strong" part is that unless I take my specially modded Fragor they become a bit underwhelming on higher levels. So in the end I have to choose, since I also hate hammers, either I have good fists on Atlas, or I take my trusty Guandao/Tatsu.

At least that's my take on it, to be honest.

5 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

Gara doesn’t have a weapon ability, it’s just an ability.  Last I checked for atlas as well, it’s a single cast kinda thing.

I'm not entirely sure about Gara since I use her freely and she's very strong without having to use any weapon to boost her, but Atlas's first ability definetly does take stats from the mods equipped on melee. Which is annoying in my opinion.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I'm not entirely sure about Gara since I use her freely and she's very strong without having to use any weapon to boost her, but Atlas's first ability definetly does take stats from the mods equipped on melee. Which is annoying in my opinion.

Oh that’s what you mean.  Yeah that is a pain for fashion.  Though you can have 5e weapon not show when holstered so may e that might help.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Then they won't be able to benefit from Rivens.

They do? I've always heard even on stat-sticks rivens were ignored and therefore useless for making abilities stronger. But I never tried to test it, and I don't like relying on rivens for long term effects, so I guess it'd be the same for me either way.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

That's true, it does require more investment. But on the other hand you only do it once.

Right, but the same is true of weapons. You only have to 6-forma that melee weapon once, but after you do, you can use it on all Warframes, not just one. That's why I feel the investment in Exalted weapons is not worth it, cause it doubles up on the investment on the Warframe itself, while still being limited to that Warframe.

Yeah, you got a little less damage back when the abilities were tied to your weapons, but you got a crapton more versatility, since you could use that weapon on multiple Warframes, and you weren't stuck with that weapon either. Say you didn't like the stats on this weapon anymore, cause the mod it relied on to function got nerfed or something, you could just swap it for another weapon with better stats and different mod reliance. But if a mod you use for your Exalted build gets nerfed, that's it, your whole build is screwed and now you have to make a new, likely less effective build for it.

So, I'd personally like it if we went back to that way of doing things. Or, maybe, if the Exalted blade would mirror the Warframe's forma config (so if you used a forma to add a - polarity to the Frame, the Exalted weapon would get the polarity as well). I just don't find Exalted weapons to be a good investment as they are. They require too much for way too little benefit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

They do? I've always heard even on stat-sticks rivens were ignored and therefore useless for making abilities stronger. But I never tried to test it, and I don't like relying on rivens for long term effects, so I guess it'd be the same for me either way.

Yeah they work with all stats except range and meme strike. Gara though is only affected by damage and elemental damage alone.

• Like 1