Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Livestream #14.

[DE]Rebecca

For me the way you guys approached derelicts, the new boss and Nekros was absolutely positive.

I didn't buy Nekros because I wanted to have something to play for so I farmed it. 6 hours of game-play, as you said, is pretty much what it takes (if you know what to do). Which is about 8 Derelict Assassination runs done with a group of 4.

What's sad is reading people complaining about having to play the game in order to ... play the game.

Best part about Nekros and the Boss that drops it's components: it's giving you one of it's parts guaranteed.

Back in the days I've spent 4 hours just to get ONE Rhino part from Hyena (granted that was when Hyena was simply falling through the floor most of the time).

6 hours for 3 Warframe parts is not even close to a "grind" at all in my book.

You're doing great DE! I would like to see more of this. Thanks.

Props to the team for everything they've done. But, the last livestream was a mess.

Barely any questions were addressed, the whole thing was just filled with nothing.

I regret staying up until 3:30 am to watch it.

I kept watching, hoping that you would get to some actual questions. But, alas, they never came.

I didn't buy Nekros because I wanted to have something to play for so I farmed it. 6 hours of game-play, as you said, is pretty much what it takes (if you know what to do). Which is about 8 Derelict Assassination runs done with a group of 4.

Depends on your luck with RNG. I just started cooking my Nekros yesterday after intensive farming. I ended up with eight chassis, six helmets, and 1 systems.

nice that they added scarf's beut a little bit more customizion couldnt hurt like armor and stuff

btw no plat's for that just blueprints that u can farm (rare)

cu we want some stuff to without plat

Purely cosmetic stuff should remain plat only, IMO. That way DE makes money on something that has no gameplay impact. And yeah, DE does have to make money to keep the game going.

Ruk roh, Raggy?

Liked the stream. I wanted to comment on the first couple things you discussed though.

On the stamina discussion, you talked a lot about communication, but I don't think that was the problem at all.
We knew your plan was, "We're going to make stamina relevant"
If you had told us, "We're going to make stamina relevant, and we're going to do it in a way that slows you down dramatically", no ammount of additional "communication" would have made the community accept the slowdown. This is a fast game, and slowing it down too much is a sure way to drive off a lot of players, who will forever sing your praises at how great a game warframe used to be.

On the Nekros situation, I really appreciate the perspective that you're trying to gate content not with "grind", but with "gameplay." The resulting system is a little grindy, but I like the derelict (derelique? Too much Zoolander?) tile set so much I'ld make more keys just to play on it some of the time.
There's, I think, a small issue here. Nekros isn't gated by gameplay alone, he's gated by pre-made group exclusive gameplay, and so is Mag Prime. Two new frames, both accessed by keys. A lot of people play this game solo or exclusively in random groups. Some also have bad connections and don't wish to inflict their hosting on their friends. If you're going to release two new frames at once, please, make at least one of them public-group friendly.

Your ideas for the new armour system seem interesting. I look forward to seeing what comes of it.

Just to let Scott and the rest know, I for one very much appreciate all their hard work and realize that this is the process, put the content out, see how it works, then revise it to make it better.  

I felt Scott addressed the questions put to him truthfully, if not always in the manner we'd prefer.  I do think perhaps there wouldn't have been as much outcry about the costs of void derelict keys if it weren't for them being consumable; if they were like the clan key I doubt people would have done much more than grumble.  It doesn't feel like a grind if it's permanent, at least not to me.

I've always used a maximum stamina mod on my frames so Scott was wrong, people do pay attention to it.  They just pay more attention to it now.  I do think the changes not being discussed before release lead to a lot of problems and anger, and that perhaps people would be less angry about controversial changes if they were discussed before implementation.  Knowing you're going to need to change your builds around a maximum stamina increase as opposed to stamina regen makes a big difference.

I also wish someone would address what the increases in Mastery rank are supposed to be for.  So there's a pistol in Clan tech (that no one currently wants) that requires rank 8?  What else?  Frankly that's not enough, in my opinion.  I've been expecting something like additional slots, access to more difficult areas, or even access to various trading/giving mechanisms, as increasing Mastery is really they only reason to use many of the "suboptimal" weapons like the Burston or the ceramic dagger.  And if there's only value in going up to Mastery Rank 8, then why should I bother to continue putting effort in when I'm already rank 10?  Possible future content?  Not a big enough carrot I'm afraid.  From a new player's perspective, there's no reason to use the junk weapons if they can rank up to 8 using warframe and non-junk weapon Mastery points.  There are currently 18 warframes, That's enough to get you midway through Rank 6, all by itself. 52000 points from there to Rank 8.  That's 520 levels on weapons, or 17 and 1/3rd weapons ranked to 30.  That's pretty easy to do without going into things like the Ceramic Dagger, Sicarus, or Burston.  Counting Primes, Vandals, and Wraiths, but not skins, there are 100 weapons (melee, secondary, and primary) available.  Many of those are clan tech weapons, but many aren't.  What's my incentive for ranking up things like the ether sword if I already have dual ether?

Anyway, Scott said that well-thought, NO H8 feedbacks will be focused on?

Ok. I respect that.. And of course being civil is genuinely nice..

BUT.

Is it's a 100% chances you will read it throughoutly? Consider its points? And communicate with, at least, the OP if the point catches your interest, asking more laid-out informations regarding the suggestions?

Because if so, I see a lot of threads with polite and well-thought points got disregarded for days.

And even if it is don't disregarded, and the community kept bumping it with more and more well-thought and polite posts, it seems that YOU guys don't want to hear.

Please, guys. At least show us that you really care.

It's just like.. No matter how polite we suggests, you guys never seems to even consider it.

That's heartbreaking..

It makes us angry..

We're irritated that you guys kept trying to fix contents that was already fine, and ends up breaking it..

I won't say Ember as example for "breaking fine things", because I couldn't argue with Scott's vision.

It's his vision that Ember should be a glass cannon, and I respect that.

I will respect it more if Ember ACTUALLY have the cannon, and not just "A glass cannon without cannon."

yep. totally agree.

Scott: ...'Soma' is the best weapon in the game...

wut?

no really... wut?

(totally worth to try this tech-up-ninja-ak-47)

Edited by Ianrama

I myself would like to see more story. I really don't mind grinding, I enjoy it in this game in fact. However, I would like to see more point to it. Maybe next time we could see a story formed around a new warframe and getting that new warframe after you complete that mini story mode. To me, that would be awesome.