Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[ESO] Don't allow Weapons below Max Level

Runkel79

Warning: rambling ahead

I'm very frustrated with the "current" situation of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. In pretty much every Match you have at least 2 Players who contribute nothing and only stick around to Leech XP for their Weapon and leave after their Weapon is maxed out.

XP Leeching was always a thing in ESO but it became such a popular Method to level up Weapons it's almost impossible to find a normal Match, i don't care if someone doesn't bring a Meta Frame or doesn't do that good because he's lacking the right Mods or doesn't have a lot experience. My coolest ESO moments where with new or inexperienced Players who where super excited and proud to reach Round 8, i gladly carry weaker players if they're really trying, but i have a Problem if you only join to level your Weapon contribute nothing and leave your Team behind, that's just selfish behavior. I Get it, Leveling stuff is boring, i'm MR 27 i did my fair share of leveling but never on the backs of others, i always pull my own weight and always bring a Strong Warframe or Weapon even if it slows down leveling.

Sure i could build a group to farm till round 8 but that's not the point. It's just not fair that leeches ruin a complete Game Mode, on certain Maps i know what to expect when i join a group. Hydron/Helene/Akkad for leveling, Hieracon for Cryotic, Vodyanoi and Arbitration for Endo, i can avoid these places if i'm not looking for this specific thing and still have a good time with randoms without the need to build a group, not so much with ESO. No longer allowing Weapons below Max Level would be a simple solution, this way normal players could Play ESO for fun, loot and Focus XP

P.S.

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language but i hope you understand what i'm trying to say.

• Like 1

Restricting the game mode to rank 30 weapons would probably just reduce it's popularity too low to regularly find a game, besides I have used it to rank up weapons a few times, but I always try to get to wave 8.

I certainly sympathize with the frustration of trying to get the vandal parts or the ephemera from wave 8 when 90% of the time you end up solo by wave 4. Due to this I will only bring Saryn and an ignis/atomos/staticor to have the best chance of maintaining the killing speed and finishing the run at wave 8. Even then, depending on the tilesets, it can be nearly impossible to keep up.

• Like 1

The pub situation for any endless mode is going to be pretty dismal. If you remove the ability for people to level weapons, the issue will just shift from having two leeches to having two empty slots. And a leech is preferred for the affinity bump.

You're MR 27, you already know what to do. Use recruit chat or actively look around for newer players to get them to play ESO in the way that you want, even if it wastes their time because they don't have eidolon lenses and their weapons are maxed.

welcome, dear player. you are provided here a link to the nearest "recruit" chat possible. please use it to it's full potential, and you will see your game experience in ESO greatly improved.

No, for real, someone who didn't already understood that waiting anything from a pub group only lead to disappointment deserve what happens.

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb selimsrm:

Restricting the game mode to rank 30 weapons would probably just reduce it's popularity too low to regularly find a game, besides I have used it to rank up weapons a few times, but I always try to get to wave 8.

I certainly sympathize with the frustration of trying to get the vandal parts or the ephemera from wave 8 when 90% of the time you end up solo by wave 4. Due to this I will only bring Saryn and an ignis/atomos/staticor to have the best chance of maintaining the killing speed and finishing the run at wave 8. Even then, depending on the tilesets, it can be nearly impossible to keep up.

Agreed.

On top that the level not limits it, high MR can equip alot of mods already still making it useful, leveling only is a side thing for mastery and mods points, so level itself is no indicator to how good the weapon is, making it unnecessary to block such out, while warframes are a different story due abilitys need to level.

Hello,

My big problem with eso is that in most rounds one or more players go out in the first or second round. When asked why, I get insulted, ignored or accused of insulting people even though I only ask for it. It is almost impossible to reach wave 8 with random players. I am always ready to help and stay as long as the team needs me, even if my weapons are maxed. Again and again I get told to use the recruit chat. But I want to be able to play with randoms. I am not the problem here. And I'm not the only one who's annoyed because endless missions with random players rarely end in c rotation. As someone has mentioned before, this is selfish behavior. Just to advance a weapon 1-2 levels, you don't need to start eso, or maybe better alone. The community gets worse by that behaviour and these people harm themselves in the long run. More and more serious players will stop helping randoms. My suggestion would be to make it impossible to leave eso before the 4 wave. Only by aborting, then the players who don't want to stay anyway lose rewards and xp. So only people start ESO if they stay at least until wave 4. Or a 2nd eso game mode, for people who want to stay until wave 8.

Pls DE, take care of this.

Your friendly Sir Loot-A-Lot from the neighbourhood

i assume Sanctuary Onslaught is made the way it is, for the intention to actually level weapons and frames.
putting a restriction on a game mode against its design intention, is sort of counter productive.

as others have said, putting this restriction on the Sanctuary Onslaught missions, just means you wont have as many people playing it...
making your request counter productive too... leeches or empty slots... sort of the same thing.
also think where those people will go???.... level 40-50 bounties with 0 contribution.... or any other high level missions.

we already have people going fishing after accepting bounties (from my own experience)... we really don't need more leeches there.
this is particularly hard on orb vallis with the defense and excavation part of those quests.... as more enemies spawn and more excavators spawn.

basically, your request for this restriction will just move from Sanctuary Onslaught to where ever else people choose to go for the affinity boost.
when will it end?.. it wont.
why?... because this game revolves around affinity.

the reason for the round rewards, is because there is no other drops (so, it is more of a compensation for time spent)... i don't think it was intended to be a reward farming area, it is an affinity farming area.

as for the comments regarding selfishness, it goes both ways.
they're selfish for leaving before wave 8 that you want, and you're selfish for forcing them to stay even though they have no reason to or don't want to.

=============
Edit:
bottom line is, there should be a built in party finder with a menu.
you pick your options and either invite people or the public can join as long as they accept the requirements.

the party finder can also show ping times
this is also great for those random hosts with bad connections.. they should not be allowed to host games.
=============

14 hours ago, Test-995 said:

I have better suggestion, increase every other affinity gain outside of ESO/Defense by 100x and remove their reason to leech ESO.

this suggestion goes against the entire game design.

you have quests that you can only progress every 12 hours (without paying plat)... you really think they will speed up the grind for affinity?

even if this was remotely an intention, it would be a mission buff somewhere, or at the very least the affinity boosters would stack 2x, 4x, 8x, etc.

Edited by 5p33dy_01

9 hours ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

this suggestion goes against the entire game design.

you have quests that you can only progress every 12 hours (without paying plat)... you really think they will speed up the grind for affinity?

even if this was remotely an intention, it would be a mission buff somewhere, or at the very least the affinity boosters would stack 2x, 4x, 8x, etc.

Well,  since they did it in ridiculous level with ESO, i suppose they do.

19 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Well,  since they did it in ridiculous level with ESO, i suppose they do.

ok cool... then people shouldn't have a problem with grinding said "ridiculous level", with MR 8, Rank 0 weapons and Rank 0 frame solo.

which would indicate that this whole topic is not necessary (if it was so easy)

unless im missing something here, like the time it takes to get to said "ridiculous level" or the difficulty of the mobs.

this could go on for ages if you don't consider other aspects of the game and the design when you respond or read other comments.

im not trying to argue, im simply pointing out things.
im sorry if you feel these things hurt your feelings, which force you to respond with unpractical replies or suggestions.
=====================
regarding the topic at hand, ESO is an affinity farm area, making max rank gear requirement will go against that.

if someone wants to farm level rewards, they must have a group interested in the same objective.
or be able to get to what ever wave solo.

Requiring level 30 weapons might help, but might not fully work. Some can still put in no mods or poor unranked mods with no Catalyst Reactor, and still be able to start the mission, hoping to be carried for rotation rewards.

Recruitment chat requires a whole lot of typing and waiting, and we still cannot see other player's weapon mods, Warframe mods, and equipped gear items (Nightfall Apothic share), completely relying if the other players are telling the truth if they have this mod or this item equipped.

This have come up before, on an old "Archived" locked topic with all the up-votes hidden or removed.

• Like 1

On 2019-05-25 at 1:25 PM, Runkel79 said:

I Get it, Leveling stuff is boring, i'm MR 27 i did my fair share of leveling but never on the backs of others, i always pull my own weight and always bring a Strong Warframe or Weapon even if it slows down leveling.

Seriously? So you did the same thing, but now you want newer players to have it harder than you? 

You believe you were pulling your own weight, but you were still just leeching XP, or you would've brought fully leveled weapons with strong builds. Now you want to force players to bring level 30 weapons in ESO. You're not allowing those players to pull their own weight with a Strong Warframe or Weapon. 

• 3 weeks later...
Am 29.5.2019 um 22:09 schrieb BL4CKN0ISE:

Seriously? So you did the same thing, but now you want newer players to have it harder than you? 

You believe you were pulling your own weight, but you were still just leeching XP, or you would've brought fully leveled weapons with strong builds. Now you want to force players to bring level 30 weapons in ESO. You're not allowing those players to pull their own weight with a Strong Warframe or Weapon. 

No i never leveled anything in ESO, always full build!

Edited by Runkel79

If they banned weapons under 30 from ESO, personally, I would never ever do ESO. Like never.

What I do is bring some buff or EV or something that can contribute without dealing much damage directly.

If you want to go to wave 8 use Recruit Chat.