The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.... Don't Farm Toroids ?

Lutesque

Question

So now with all the events gone and night wave completed I can get back to my regularly scheduled Grinding....

So... unlike most other players I completely ignored the Vox Solaris Syndicate because I knew I was going to get Blockaded by the dreaded Atmo Systems.... so I never bothered with Farming Toroids directly from the enemies.... atleast certainly not to trade in for standing. 

I don't think DE mean for us to progress through Vox Solaris this way.... instead ive been getting Toroids directly from the Profit Taker Bounties themselves. I do Phase 4 to get the big Toroid and that's how il cap my standing and then il do the Other Phases to aquire the rest if the toroids which il only use to sacrifice to gain the next Rank... which is how I feel like the drop chances were balanced around....

I don't know maybe I only feel this is the case because I have the worst luck getting Toroids to drop from enemies. 

Right now I need Vega toroids just to sacrifce for the next rank... this means doing Phase 1 over and over again....I would usually do this with Chroma ir Inaros but I don't hsve a convenient way of healing them in all the Chaos so I decided to do them with Octavia The Destroyer....fishing and baby sitting the drone is easy. 

The part where I struggled the most was baby sitting the console because the game forces the global alert levels to Rise.... and while this has zero effect on The enemies being able to find Octavia (except for the Raknoids).... it does litter the entire Area with AOE Damage effects all capable of one shotting me.... I didn't Forma my Octavia so I don't have room for Vitality or quick thinking (which doesn't work anyway.... I've been rolling with Max Duration and slightly positive range and very low Power Strength because I only need to CC the enemies....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:

And why do you act like Protective dash is something everyone Has by Default....

On 2019-06-28 at 3:13 AM, Lutesque said:

I've just been using Health Restore specifically for the profit taker on phase 4..... 

For everything else I don't bother because I don't know how long its going to take to get all the crap I need.

I can use Vazarin because then I won't have energy to use my Abilities to begin with.....

I might just buy Arcane Grace.... maybe..... just maybe....

I'm assuming you meant can't

But you said you can't use Vazarin because of energy issues.  NOT because you don't have vazarin.  Therefore the logical conclusion was although vazarin is a possibility for you, concerns about energy prevent you from using it.  Now if you had directly said you don't have vazarin you "would have a point" but you didn't.

Hence...

On 2019-06-28 at 11:02 AM, CephalonDizzy said:

Well in honesty I just mentioned it because someone suggested vazarin dash and this is a way to work around the energy concerns. 

Edited by CephalonDizzy
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, CephalonDizzy said:

I'm assuming you meant can't

But you said you can't use Vazarin because of energy issues.  NOT because you don't have vazarin.  Therefore the logical conclusion was although vazarin is a possibility for you, concerns about energy prevent you from using it.  Now if you had directly said you don't have vazarin you "would have a point" but you didn't.

Hence...

Sorry.... I run two accounts.... one has everything.... the other does not....

I using both yesterday for The Profit Taker....

I run a chroma with rank 8 adaptation with zenurik with a basic high duration and max strength build...combine that with magus elevate (if you can get 2 do it but one R3 should keep you alive) and you should survive basically anything...just find a nekros to bring with you and you should get 2-5 torids in a few minutes

Including the bounties

Apparently my intended question did not come across well what is your Chroma build and are you using Chroma or Chroma prime because that does influence what abilities give the most EHP i run chroma prime as i had a screw up with selling the parts not realizing i couldn't get them back at the time meaning until recently the prime was all i could get without spending plat but even baseline chroma should be able to get up to 20k EHP on a full strength fire build. personally i run a 333% strength build making fire ward give me 666 health before armor and means that rage will more than refund my energy costs.

20 minutes ago, Girador said:

Apparently my intended question did not come across well what is your Chroma build and are you using Chroma or Chroma prime because that does influence what abilities give the most EHP i run chroma prime as i had a screw up with selling the parts not realizing i couldn't get them back at the time meaning until recently the prime was all i could get without spending plat but even baseline chroma should be able to get up to 20k EHP on a full strength fire build. personally i run a 333% strength build making fire ward give me 666 health before armor and means that rage will more than refund my energy costs.

I run chroma prime with 333% strength too but I use ice because armor lol.

You can actually get chroma from simaris now if you need mastery

@Lutesque

of course in terms of farming vega toroids i now feel like an idiot for not answering your initial problem, aka the need for vega toroids. This is going to sound slightly weird but run exploiter orb. The mite raknoids she spams in the first phase drop a ton of vega toroids along the lines of 4 a run without any boosters just bring plenty of AOE. Nidus is my go to as his passive will let you practically ignore her suicide move at the end of the fight so long as you made sure to build stacks by killing off mite raknoids in phase 1

23 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Thats not how RNG Works....

dude i know how RNG works i play a lot of looters what i am saying is with a good quardinated team you will basicaly get toroids 95% the time and nekros is a good frame to use for farming and with proper build he lasts a while you are just getting defensive all because people are trying to help you

On 2019-06-28 at 2:46 PM, Lutesque said:

What part of I have terrible luck don't you understand ? 

What fight ? Its a Baby Sitting Mission.....

Oh poor little you, boohoo.

We all have to deal with RNG being not in our favour at times, lots and lots of times. It's PART of the game, what do you don't understand?

If the fight isn't an issue... then why are you whining about it?

It's a grindy game. Guess what, go grind for it.

• Like 1

Sorry to say this, but doing missions for Toroids is extremly inefficient. Even with terrible luck.

The only really effective way is to go into the areas where the Toroids can drop with a team. The bigger the team, the more enemies will spawn and if at least one of them has a drop rate booster even those cursed with bad luck usually get them.

I can also recomment to arrange that someone with better luck is the rounds host. That fact alone got me 8 Calda Toroid drops when I helped him with Phase3.

11 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Terrible Luck is normal.

This is what the Drop Chance Booster is for. Bring one.

Unless you you're willing to fork over 40 platinum then this advice is useless to me....

18 hours ago, DDixon286 said:

I run a chroma with rank 8 adaptation with zenurik with a basic high duration and max strength build...combine that with magus elevate (if you can get 2 do it but one R3 should keep you alive) and you should survive basically anything...just find a nekros to bring with you and you should get 2-5 torids in a few minutes

Including the bounties

I think you people completely missed the point of this thread....

17 hours ago, Girador said:

Its chroma prime.... and my Build won't go over 250 Strength right now.... not enough Endo for the Umbral Mods....  and no Exilus Adapter.

5 hours ago, (PS4)meow121325 said:

dude i know how RNG works i play a lot of looters what i am saying is with a good quardinated team you will basicaly get toroids 95% the time and nekros is a good frame to use for farming and with proper build he lasts a while you are just getting defensive all because people are trying to help you

Again...you don't know how RNG Works....

3 hours ago, (PS4)kite9000 said:

Oh poor little you, boohoo.

We all have to deal with RNG being not in our favour at times, lots and lots of times. It's PART of the game, what do you don't understand?

If the fight isn't an issue... then why are you whining about it?

It's a grindy game. Guess what, go grind for it.

Are you finished ?

3 hours ago, Nodrasta said:

Sorry to say this, but doing missions for Toroids is extremly inefficient. Even with terrible luck.

No Need to be Sorry....

Some of us are just screwed with no options....

In any case I have all The Toroids needed To Rank up....

Now I just need to stock pile Restore Pads.... enough until I can get to Max Rank with Vox Solaris....

And then after that I can go farm Adaptation and arcane Grace....

Uhh 308 power strength no exilus no umbrals should be entirely possible on a selfish chroma build

Blind rage

Transient fortitude

Augur secrets

intensify

and boom 308 power strength

add in Streamline, Rage, Narrow minded, and vitality and you should be at 308 power strength 75 efficiency 171.5 duration with 740 health and armor getting boosted to just over 5k by vex armor alone and elemental ward granting 616 health for you potentially more or less for allies just don't expect to be buffing them all that much

Edit: OH this also no forma on chroma prime and you can use whatever aura fits the polarity without you needing to worry about what's going to have enough capacity so you do not need steel charge for this build

Edited by Girador
adding information

1 hour ago, Girador said:

Edit: OH this also no forma on chroma prime and you can use whatever aura fits the polarity without you needing to worry about what's going to have enough capacity so you do not need steel charge for this build

Well theres the Problem.... my Chroma has a Naramon AurA Polarity..... and longer Duration... 

I would need Energy Restores to sustain Vex Armor and Ice Ward with that little Duration....

52 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Well theres the Problem.... my Chroma has a Naramon AurA Polarity..... and longer Duration... 

I would need Energy Restores to sustain Vex Armor and Ice Ward with that little Duration....

Energizing dash by itself is more than enough for 100% up-time with my build your getting just shy of 43 seconds of duration and you get 200 energy from energizing dash in 40 seconds

also as i said you can use whatever aura you want so long as you don't use a mismatched polarity if you have a naramon aura polarity use a naramon polarity aura

also you should be using fire not ice on this build and rage will keep up your energy far more than energy restores are capable of

the reason you should be using fire ward instead of ice is not just the healing from recasting fire ward it's also the fact that on this build ehp with ice comes out to 17827 whereas fire with all buffs active is 23985 after having done the math

Edited by Girador
adding more information

8 hours ago, Girador said:

Energizing dash by itself is more than enough for 100% up-time with my build your getting just shy of 43 seconds of duration and you get 200 energy from energizing dash in 40 seconds

I tried your Build Earlier.... The Duration is too Short.... Vex Armor is always on the verge of falling off everytime I transfer back in..

also you should be using fire not ice on this build and rage will keep up your energy far more than energy restores are capable of

I can't slot This mod in Anywhere....

the reason you should be using fire ward instead of ice is not just the healing from recasting fire ward it's also the fact that on this build ehp with ice comes out to 17827 whereas fire with all buffs active is 23985 after having done the math

Having more health isn't as useful if i have no means of getting it back when I take damage.... or have have not played Inaros before ? 

my Health Restores can only give me 300HP.... yes I can take more of a beating if the course of a single stream of damage but after that takes more Restores to get it back up.... jusy because more of it to cover and less resistance stopping it from draining as Quickly as Ice Ward.

6 hours ago, (PS4)meow121325 said:

AGAIN you are complaining about RANDOM NUMBERS just farm man you will get S#&$ eventualy that is what my damn posts ment

Again.... You don't know how RNG Works....

28 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Duh !!! 

Its Cryptic and Convoluted as All Hell.... ofcourse I don't know how it works.... But I know how RNG Works..... you don't....

i do know how RNG works its YOU who arent willing to accept the fact that people are trying their hardest to give you tips and tricks and crap and you keep trashing on them and crap i am trying to help you by saying hey dont worry everything will be fine just keep farming them you will get them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)meow121325 said:

i do know how RNG works its YOU who arent willing to accept the fact that people are trying their hardest to give you tips and tricks and crap and you keep trashing on them and crap i am trying to help you by saying hey dont worry everything will be fine just keep farming them you will get them

You try to force your "'Tips And Tricks" before you understand wht the point of this thread even is....

More importantly you also have trouble believing its possible that that some methods just aren't going to work some people....

In conclusion..... you don't know how RNG Works...

40 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

In conclusion..... you don't know how RNG Works...

Oh please Great Master, teach us how RNG works because we lowly poor cretins can't possible have your glorious understanding and deep insight into it.

So please demonstrate your superior knowledge, your intellect and your vast comprehension as we are all awaiting with bated breath.

• Like 1

So...I barely hovered over the other posts, but to answer the OP:  Do you do it solo with Octavia? Because if you have at least one "victim" with you to take the heat of the console it will be fine.I do the 1st phase with meta-ice Chroma solo 3 and 2 always up and (I don't know if I'm doing it right but it always works till now).I can forma him a couple more times to get him more damage but now he is fine with 1.
Octavia has room for Vitality withouth any forma if you don't go nuts on the PS like you mentioned and most of the times it saves her from one shot and a quick dash to op mode and back.You can use a healing sentinel mod(yeah it's slow but it works) and with Octavia it doesn't die because he's invisible.

Edited by vegetosayajin

Don’t want to rag on you too much, but while your OP seems to be asking for advice whenever anyone offers it you are super negative in your responses.

I get that you might not have the best mods or Arcanes, but people are offering far cheaper options, and the amount of times you’ve said healing options don’t work makes me think it’s less a game problem and more a you problem.

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

You try to force your "'Tips And Tricks" before you understand wht the point of this thread even is....

No one is forcing any tips and tricks... all I see are suggestions on how to get better.

As for the point of this thread - perhaps you should enlighten us. You state you don't farm toroids the traditional way - with a looting squad keeping the alert level high and instead opt to rng yourself to death and load in and out of bounties.  While that seems painfully inefficient to me, to each their own I suppose.

You never clearly state what your problem is - if there is even one other than perhaps to complain you get one shot by AOE attacks when using Octavia. All the AOE attacks are obvious - mines, big circles on the ground, etc.  Avoid them, stay invis - she is pretty brain dead.

People give you tips on Chroma (since you mention you struggle there) and you ignore them or claim they don't work, or go on a rant about RNG. 

As for getting health back - this game has myriads of ways to do it - Focus schools, PoE Eidolon Arcanes, PoE Quills arcanes, Mods, health pads, etc.

So what do you want- Advise on how we easily acquired toroids? Build advice for Chroma? Octavia? Playstyle advise?  or someone to simply validate your feelings and say "Yeah xyz farming is terrible I feel your pain" in which case this should be in general not PhP.

2 hours ago, (PS4)kite9000 said:

Oh please Great Master, teach us how RNG works because we lowly poor cretins can't possible have your glorious understanding and deep insight into it.

So please demonstrate your superior knowledge, your intellect and your vast comprehension as we are all awaiting with bated breath.

Spare Me Your Sarcasm.... 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

No one is forcing any tips and tricks... all I see are suggestions on how to get better.

Again.... that wasn't the point of this thread.... 

If I wanted help figuring out how to do any ofvthe bounties then the Title would be "How do I do the Profit Taker Bounties"....

The purpose of this thread was to see if the Atmo System Drop Chance was setup this way because they assumed players would be farming Toroids ftom the bounties rathee than from the enemies directly. 

Im not quite sure how we got to How to do the bounties but anyone who has an issue with me saying their advice doesn't work for me after i've tried.... well.... I don't know what to tell ya.... its not why I made this thread. 

As for the point of this thread - perhaps you should enlighten us. You state you don't farm toroids the traditional way - with a looting squad keeping the alert level high and instead opt to rng yourself to death and load in and out of bounties.  While that seems painfully inefficient to me, to each their own I suppose.

Consider yourself lucky....

You never clearly state what your problem is - if there is even one other than perhaps to complain you get one shot by AOE attacks when using Octavia. All the AOE attacks are obvious - mines, big circles on the ground, etc.  Avoid them, stay invis - she is pretty brain dead.

Their hard to see in the snow.... more importantly uou listed only obe if the 5 AEO Attacks that litter the area.... theres :

1) The Raknoids leaving webs on the ground...

2) The Turrets and Passing By Coild Drives shooting Opticor Size lazers on Steroids.... the actual hitbox is thick than the visual indicator. 

3) Theres the the Green Raknoid that covers literslly the entire Camp in an electrical field....

4) and the theres the Tera Trenchers dive bombing back and forth....

All these thing occur all over the Corpus Encampment.... maybe you forgot.... you might want to load into fortuna and see what im talking about....

And this before we even get into the nullifiers and Scrambuli

2 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

People give you tips on Chroma (since you mention you struggle there) and you ignore them or claim they don't work, or go on a rant about RNG. 

I didn't claim they don't work.... I tried and realised they don't work and explained the issue.... you people need to realise you tend to leave certain factors out when you're Giving Advice and when I try to remind if these factors you take issue with it... if you're not ready to accept that your Advice is not a obe size fits sll affair then maybe you shoulsn't be giving advice....

I built my chroma based on what I need to do and what I have to work with.... I can't just change the duration all willy nilly its going to run out when im reviving my pet or when I got knocked down.... 

Same goes for Healing Return.... I don't even know what I was thinking when I bought it.... I had to give up a sizeable chunk of my damage to fit that mod into my redeemer.... thus making my build less effective which means spending more Health Restores I don't have....

As for getting health back - this game has myriads of ways to do it - Focus schools, PoE Eidolon Arcanes, PoE Quills arcanes, Mods, health pads, etc.

I know most of them.... what you people always forget is I don't have most of them..... right now its literally just Health Restores.... which means in ESO I have no way of getting my health back....

So what do you want- Advise on how we easily acquired toroids? Build advice for Chroma? Octavia? Playstyle advise?  or someone to simply validate your feelings and say "Yeah xyz farming is terrible I feel your pain" in which case this should be in general not PhP.

Here's what I want.... pure and simple.... your oppinion how DE expected us to make progress through the Vox Solaris.... thatz all I wanted.... 

Your Free to leave advice about whats the most effective method to farm something. 

I will tell you right now The Toroids don't Drop for me....

And I got More Repeller Systems than Atmo systems and what few atmo Systems I did get I got from Doing Phase 4 not the much shorter and easier Phase 2....

If your Advice is to tell me to do somethibg I literally just told you doesn't work for me then do you expect a thank you ? Just curious.... because I wouldn't.