Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven: Damage vs Multishot

--Aegis--MR9

Question

Is there a case when Damage is better than Multishot? I know Multishot is generally better because it increases status chance. 
but lets say, I am building a crit base Catchmoon, then whats more beneficial, CC CD Damage or CC CD MS? 

If MS is usually better, how better compared to DMG? 

Edited by MR9BCI

2 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

https://semlar.com/rivencalc

Even if a weapon isn't listed on there, you can know what numbers it gets by clicking another weapon in the same class with the same disposition like fulmin isn't up there for example, but we know all new weapons have a disposition of 1.0 so if you click on baza for example you'll see what numbers fulmin and komorex can get as they are the exact same disposition.  

Oh you were saying about total ms on riven? I thought there are some sort of actual ms number that we cant see. 
Thanks btw.

Edited by MR9BCI

1 minute ago, MR9BCI said:

Oh you were saying about total ms on riven? I thought there are some sort of actual ms number that we cant see. 
Thanks btw.

The only hidden multishot value is in regards to shotguns information panel, they don't list the number of pellets that a shotgun fires at base luckily we have a wiki for that too saying sobek fires 5 pellets at base, tigris prime fires 8 pellets, sancti tigris fires 6 pellets, strun wraith fires 10, arca plasmor fires a single round, etc. etc. but yeah on rivens for normal weapons that fire 1 bullet at base with no multishot added you want 110 for rifles and 120 for pistols.  Multishot on shotguns works a little differently so it's usually always a welcome stat on shotguns not to mention even .5 disposition shotgun rivens with 2 positives and a negative you can get +80% multishot to combine with hell's chamber for 200.  But every bit of multishot counts on pellet based shotguns because if you have, say, 150 multishot on a strun wraith riven and use hell's chamber as well you'll get 27 more pellets on top of the base 10 every shot because of how multishot works on shotguns.  Naturally that doesn't apply to arca plasmor or astilla as they don't fire pellets they fire 1 bullet at base.  Also why they don't need 100% status chance before multishot like most shotguns.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CephalonDizzy said:

Well, this is how I react to someone who I perceive to show a consistent pattern of purposefully pointing out irrelevant things to derail threads and mislead new players.

But I guess you're too busy getting one-shot and dying to literally every enemy in the game to read taiiat's actual explanation so...

*shrugs*

You are border line ignorant to Warframes problems arent you ? 

I don't mislead anyone.... I tell them exactly what I have observed whilest playing the game..... but hey if you think Volt can survive getting Shot in the face just by slapping on Quick Thinking then good for....

4 hours ago, Oldskinzz said:

It's obvious you have no worthwhile response to these points and hence resort to meaningless comments such as "highly impractical". It's simple mathematics, deal with it. 

Its RNG.... not Mathematics..... Math is at least consistent... mostly. The way weapons behave in Warframe on the other hand isn't.... atleast not for Semi Automatic weapons with only 20% status chance.....

You're the only one getting confused here. What he said was totally straightforward. 

The wording itself is confusing.... 

Again with the meaningless comments when you have nothing worthwhile to post in response. 

So now we're resorting to personal attacks ? And you think there's something wrong me.... 

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

actually, i did not. i clearly refer to Multi-Shot as adding additional Projectiles, not changing how many Shots you fire.
as, this is the correct way for me to describe things.

You see... this is exactly what im talking about... im not saying what you said is wrong how can I if I don't understand it.... its confusing. 

But whatever..... remind never to ask to explain something to me again.... lest I be attacked again for asking for clarification. 

34 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

but hey if you think Volt can survive getting Shot in the face just by slapping on Quick Thinking

But whatever..... remind never to ask to explain something to me again.... lest I be attacked again for asking for clarification. 

actually, it works pretty well. even years ago before we had many extra things to stack on top of QT to make it more effective. 
QT tanking was the EHP option of choice for Volt in the Law of Retribution raid, infact. whilst simultaneously being an Energy carrier by having so much Energy. (since you could be an Energy carrier and still have Energy left for EHP at the same time)
and now with more things that we can stack on top of QT, it's more effective than ever. bonus points for that QT tanking can't be bypassed by Enemies unlike some other non Ability methods of EHP.

idunno about anyone else but i can't really remember such an event occurring from myself. just explaining math and adding disclaimers here and there to prevent others that may be seeking information to grab onto information that isn't accurate.
but that is all.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

idunno about anyone else but i can't really remember such an event occurring from myself. just explaining math and adding disclaimers here and there to prevent others that may be seeking information to grab onto information that isn't accurate.
but that is all.

I got it on record actually.

Time stamped where my Volt using QT Solo survives an overextended Dash at lvl 220 on MoT. Great one slot eHP solution for Volt.

Spoiler

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

So now we're resorting to personal attacks ? And you think there's something wrong me.... 

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

You are border line ignorant to Warframes problems arent you ? 

Lol... Look who's talking. And in the same post, no less.

Attacks others yet pulls out the victim card when cornered. 

And for the record, calling you out for something you did isn't a personal attack. Calling someone ignorant, is. 

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Its RNG.... not Mathematics..... Math is at least consistent... mostly. The way weapons behave in Warframe on the other hand isn't.... atleast not for Semi Automatic weapons with only 20% status chance.....

Here's a newsflash for you, RNG is mathematics. Go look up probability and spend your time learning something instead of posting more nonsense on this thread please. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Thats how it works in Theory.... in practice its a different story....

Then Say "Click/Trigger/Muzzle Flash".... 

Just butting in to say, you're the one confusing "shot" for pellet/projectile/bullet. A shot is a trigger pull, multi-shot, increases the number of pellets, not shots (the name is misleading, i know). Try not to nitpick when you're not correct, yeah?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, taiiat said:

that part of my post was talking about the 'self attack' thing, but thanks for the link anyways 😄

Oh woops. Thought you were referring to QT being a life saver on Volt.  Always helps to back a rightful claim with video =D

Wish we didn't have to wait so long to fight mean enemies these days. Since the beam weapon change Volt can prolly go much further now.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Wish we didn't have to wait so long to fight mean enemies these days.

i guess though personally my interest in Enemies with 1000x the Health and not really much else has just about expired years ago anyways. still the same so after plenty of endurance content play, and ergo "been there done that, now waiting for stuff to do seemingly forever". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by taiiat