Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark sector finally going to be in warframe.

TheUnknownD

18 hours ago, TheUnknownM said:

I want DE to confirm it

Seeing as DE likes us to hype and give them clear ideas on what we expect so that they can plan according to their needs/wants and our theories, I doubt they'll say it anytime soon. Perhaps as we get near the release, or if they actually feel like answering.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Dark Hair Dark Clothes... has a face.... I guess that means they are twins 😉

Here is who DE is tipping the cap to with that shotgun, horse, and ride off into the sunset with a whistle...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesradar.com/amp/get-red-dead-redemption-2-for-its-lowest-ever-price-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/

Paging Mr. Morgan.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

41 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

How so? All theyd have to do is add a line about the orokin basing the infested off of a prototype virus created a long time ago. And the duviri paradox already looks like it's pulling some time trickery, so you cant even rule out time travel.

Sure. And the blokes lack of metal arm? The fact that Hayden Tenno would have had to survive that long without Orokin assistance (since Orokin didn't exist)? The fact that the bloke tried to use void powers on the dax, despite Hayden having nothing to do with the void? How about seeing the child version of himself hiding a Tigris, something he as a child would have never seen or held due to growing up in 20th century America.

Don't be silly...

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Sure. And the blokes lack of metal arm? The fact that Hayden Tenno would have had to survive that long without Orokin assistance (since Orokin didn't exist)? The fact that the bloke tried to use void powers on the dax, despite Hayden having nothing to do with the void? How about seeing the child version of himself hiding a Tigris, something he as a child would have never seen or held due to growing up in 20th century America.

Don't be silly...

Doesnt mean they couldnt change the lore a bit or tweak some stuff from Dark Sectors lore.

Just now, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Doesnt mean they couldnt change the lore a bit or tweak some stuff from Dark Sectors lore.

If you need to change and tweak lore to make something fit, it's because that something breaks lore.

Which is exactly what I said.

19 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

The guy wielding a Tigris and fighting a Dax in some weird dimension is going to be a human born in the 20th century who caught a strange disease in Latvia created by not-Orokin?

Mmkay. Designed to look like him, perhaps, but not to represent him.

Immortal is immortal. 

He does kind of look like him. 

More to the point, the original concepts of Dark Sector (not what was published) are finally making their way into the game as true gameplay elements. Pretty nifty. 

12 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

If you need to change and tweak lore to make something fit, it's because that something breaks lore.

Which is exactly what I said.

Because no game or universe has had to retcon something. Dont be dense. Most created universes run into problems that will either create potholes or contradict existing lore, so stuff gets changed. It's pretty common.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Because no game or universe has had to retcon something. Dont be dense. Most created universes run into problems that will either create potholes or contradict existing lore, so stuff gets changed. It's pretty common.

Strawman. Where did I say this hasn't happened before? How is this even an argument?

I was just responding to the person stating it would "make sense because lore" by pointing out he would break lore.

If DE have to retcon, tweak and ultimately change a bunch of stuff, then it does not make sense "because lore".

It's not a difficult thread to follow...

21 minutes ago, AdrianPlayGame said:

Guys, Steve just tweeted and confirmed that duviri is actually about time travel so prepare for time shenanigans, there always are in time travel

The only way to deal with time shenanigans is to embrace time shenanigans. Since the Void has fluid physical laws, it's a perfect way to handwave time travel inconsistencies: "There can't be fixed rules, because it's physics, and the void doesn't do physics."

23 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Strawman. Where did I say this hasn't happened before? How is this even an argument?

I was just responding to the person stating it would "make sense because lore" by pointing out he would break lore.

If DE have to retcon, tweak and ultimately change a bunch of stuff, then it does not make sense "because lore".

It's not a difficult thread to follow...

It could work but it would involve some tweaking. That's all. Good job being condescending though. I bet your epeen is real hard now. 

18 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

False. There is zero possibility of Hayden Tenno ever being in Warframe. Dark Sector is not in the same universe as Warframe.

To be honest if the Void would be a place that is beyond dimensions than it would be a possibility.

But we don't know if that is the case, (in fact we barely know anything), and also why would they drag Dark Sector into the warframe lore?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

It could work but it would involve some tweaking.

And I'm not saying it couldn't work.

Once again, because you didn't get it, I was responding to the statement that Hayden Tenno would make sense for lore reasons by pointing out that it being Hayden Tenno would break lore. Yes, DE absolutely could tweak things. His arm magically isn't metal anymore and he shows no signs of technocyte infection, he's somehow survived all this time, yadda yadda yadda, but ultimately that's a lot of tweaking to add him in. Right now, Hayden Tenno does not make sense as an addition for lore reasons.

And frankly, if they do change the lore to suit it being Hayden Tenno, just a Hayden Tenno who isn't actually infected with Technocyte and thinks he has void magic instead, is it even Hayden Tenno anymore?

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

I bet your epeen is real hard now.

Oh it is.