Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Speculation For The Duviri Paradox

So with new teaser for the new open world, we got some interesting material to go on and speculate.

Previously we got this concept art, which appeared in outdated speculation post.

b3vY4ON.jpg

This year at tennocon, we got those things, which could bring in a lot of interesting theories.

First of all the person in the title of the teaser, just wow, the way to go on subtle teaser. The person is obviously the same guy from the pic above, even the throne is more  or less the same.

Spoiler

y0BEALR.jpg

Spoiler

IPVYOvT.png?1

And the MASK !!!! I mean i didnt realize at first but the operator has a mask which if we treat the guy from the teaser and the concept art as the same person, the we can see that operator has its mask.

What could this mean?

Well i got few ideas considering the teaser, such as:

1. Our operator has somehow been "serving" or been captured by this orokin looking person because of this void surge and make him wear this mask, as so far with most servant based workers the faces are covered, like with dax. And since his being chased perhaps he escaped and that where we players come in.

2.The "Mask Dealer", yes that the nickname i give him, is actually oboard the Zariman looking ship( i say zariman looking ship, since its not confirmed that it is a zariman and it does look a bit different) and we have to go there to kill him or something a long this lines.

The last idea is more linked with previous quest experience so read it at your own discretion.

Spoiler

So far with most quest everytime we get abilities disabled we come back even stronger.

Second Dream it was momentary but still we were unable to use our warframe, then we were able to use operator laser gun.

War Within, we were kicked out of warframes for a bit longer, but the power up we receive was big

Now after War Within we could argue that Sacrifice was another quest to develop our powers, in terms of learning to calm the warframe, but i dont recon this power will come in handy as much in the future.

So after those quests we didnt get more power development and with The Duviri Paradox we get the adult operator, this could mean few things, first of all being done similary as War Within, where as in here we return as adult operator from the void surge, after retrieving the power from the ship, typical thing, powerfull kiddo means OP adult. Secondly, new powers or school, at this it could be difficult to imagine something that isnt done with operator in terms of powers unless we make them as powefull as warframe but that would be stupid imo. Thirdly, did anyone realise that the operator didnt have amp, which could mean something but i am not sure.

So this quest/open world in my opinion will be heavily focused on operator arc, making them stronger for upcoming foes, which in this case could actualy be uprising of Oroking, since we got potentially second oroking arive, meaning there could be much more hidden and alive.

Tell me what you think, give me your speculation.

• Like 1

Its simply,you seen that operator lost control for his warframe and for that he lost his power... Only way to bee safe its to blend in that void world... and maybe that is the reason operator become older. Only thing is left to get back his power and that is why he is usin weapons. Big robotic snake is big boss on this new open world,so maybe its something about that. And dude on the throne is probably your father,man on the wall or something like that...

THIS IS A SPOILER FOR THE CHAINS OF HARROW

I think you missed the biggest thing in this. "Duviri" as i'll call him from now on, sits litterally in the same pose as the duplicate operator we know as the "hey kiddo" entity. And with the hey kiddo event only starting after the Chain of Harrow questline i can only assume that setting the man in the wall free from Rell's imprisonment gave him the power to pay you a visit. As for the reason Duviri took our form it's quite easy, he wears a mask in the void because he has no face to mimic/steal so he has no face, and when outside it, he can take the faces of others.

• Like 1

If the Duviri Paradox trailer as some kind of correlation with this image then it owuld be awesome but I'm not here to say how amazing it was I'm here to speculate so...

It seems that the trailer showed that the next open world might be in the void which is still envoleped in mystery and with this expansion I hope it might bring some light with the events of the Old War.

Apart from that that image seems of an Orokin nature but as another post also speculating about this same topic said quite right the person seating atop that "throne" doesn't seem orokin in nature at least fully with this I mean see the hand (not the robotic one) it doesn't have the blue tint that Ballas has and I know Ballas might be a special kind of Orokin choosen to addorn that color upon his skin, but that being as a skin coloration on par with the Dax (remember that old dax's son or even Teshin). So it seems it's some other faction (or even a Dax) that might inhabit the void and travel without the orokin ever noticing them (and yes I'm speculating that the advanced orokin wouldn't actually see/feel them) with that see that the "throne" seems to be crumbling or maybe being reconscructed which might indicate the dying of an old Era or the rebirth of a new one.

To close this speculation that servant doesn't seem grineer, corpus, sentient nor infested so maybe it can be some sort of a clue to who these beings (if there are more) might be.

Thx for you time and as always have a nice day/night 😉 

• Like 1

Something of note: There's some dialogue in Fortuna that references the Duviri - specifically, that certain Solaris have interacted with them.

This means they are an active force, not hiding. How we've not found out about them? That's a big question. Apparently they're so rich that Barons - presumably bosses of subsidiary companies or something - are treated like personal servants to them. So at least as big as a board member at minimum, probably a good several times more.

This also means that they're not exclusively in the Void.

There's also a fun theory I read about why our Powers are once again on the blink - the Duviri Planes are in the Void. Our Void beam is just that - a beam of void energy. But since the Duviri Planes are in the void proper as opposed to the Orokin void which is a real-space pocket in the void, it's like firing a water gun under water. Sure, stuff comes out, but it's much less noticeable, let alone effective. Presumably, other powers would have a similar thing happen. But that only goes so far - eventually, the tiny squirt would be a current, detectable. And then if you put out that much pressure outside the water? Basically, we wind up treating the place like the Hyperbolic time chamber or something from Dragonball. It's hard, we're handicapped, but we come out way stronger because we had to adapt to worse conditions, so when things get easier, we're tons more powerful. Maybe we'll even be able to go into the Transcendence state from between TSD and TWW as a kind of super mode?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, master_of_fire12 said:

So with new teaser for the new open world, we got some interesting material to go on and speculate.

Previously we got this concept art, which appeared in outdated speculation post.

b3vY4ON.jpg

This year at tennocon, we got those things, which could bring in a lot of interesting theories.

First of all the person in the title of the teaser, just wow, the way to go on subtle teaser. The person is obviously the same guy from the pic above, even the throne is more  or less the same.

Reveal hidden contents

y0BEALR.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

IPVYOvT.png?1

And the MASK !!!! I mean i didnt realize at first but the operator has a mask which if we treat the guy from the teaser and the concept art as the same person, the we can see that operator has its mask.

What could this mean?

Well i got few ideas considering the teaser, such as:

1. Our operator has somehow been "serving" or been captured by this orokin looking person because of this void surge and make him wear this mask, as so far with most servant based workers the faces are covered, like with dax. And since his being chased perhaps he escaped and that where we players come in.

2.The "Mask Dealer", yes that the nickname i give him, is actually oboard the Zariman looking ship( i say zariman looking ship, since its not confirmed that it is a zariman and it does look a bit different) and we have to go there to kill him or something a long this lines.

The last idea is more linked with previous quest experience so read it at your own discretion.

Hide contents

So far with most quest everytime we get abilities disabled we come back even stronger.

Second Dream it was momentary but still we were unable to use our warframe, then we were able to use operator laser gun.

War Within, we were kicked out of warframes for a bit longer, but the power up we receive was big

Now after War Within we could argue that Sacrifice was another quest to develop our powers, in terms of learning to calm the warframe, but i dont recon this power will come in handy as much in the future.

So after those quests we didnt get more power development and with The Duviri Paradox we get the adult operator, this could mean few things, first of all being done similary as War Within, where as in here we return as adult operator from the void surge, after retrieving the power from the ship, typical thing, powerfull kiddo means OP adult. Secondly, new powers or school, at this it could be difficult to imagine something that isnt done with operator in terms of powers unless we make them as powefull as warframe but that would be stupid imo. Thirdly, did anyone realise that the operator didnt have amp, which could mean something but i am not sure.

So this quest/open world in my opinion will be heavily focused on operator arc, making them stronger for upcoming foes, which in this case could actualy be uprising of Oroking, since we got potentially second oroking arive, meaning there could be much more hidden and alive.

Tell me what you think, give me your speculation.

Void Western. Tenno sans powers but Warframe Weapons galore.  Red Dead Redemption Homage, right down to the horse, shotgun, and our Tenno looking like Morgan.

I’m guessing everything is controlled by a Void-corrupted Sentry on the Zariman, and many things LOOK like or are tech replicas of what they actually look like.

If you look at the Pseudo-roboDax, when it’s head is down it looks like a giant evil insect peering at you before it takes on the appearance of a Dax Robot.

This coupled with everything being robotic/inorganic tells me a malevolent intelligence (Void-corrupted Zariman 10-0 Sentry?) is at play mimicking the trappings of the Warframe universe as a soulless, all-consuming doppelgänger.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

This coupled with everything being robotic/inorganic tells me a malevolent intelligence (Void-corrupted Zariman 10-0 Sentry?) is at play mimicking the trappings of the Warframe universe as a soulless, all-consuming doppelgänger.

I can think of another candidate, known for making dopplegangers already, and bound to the void.

26 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I can think of another candidate, known for making dopplegangers already, and bound to the void.

That’s obvious yes, but the fully inorganic nature of what we have seen coupled with a Void NULLIFIER effect tells me this is different.

In one sense, that’s the paradoxical nature of it...a Void storm sending you to a rift (? See Limbo) dimension where Void energy doesn’t work.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

That’s obvious yes, but the fully inorganic nature of what we have seen coupled with a Void NULLIFIER effect tells me this is different.

In one sense, that’s the paradoxical nature of it...a Void storm sending you to a rift (? See Limbo) dimension where Void energy doesn’t work.

As I say before, the Nullification might just be the fact we're suffused in void stuff - we don't have powers because we're surrounded by that power shooting into that power. By contrast, out of the void we're introducing that power into an environment it doesn't otherwise exist in. Like how air movements in air are only perceptible at high speeds, but any air underwater shows a significant effect - bubbles.

There's also indications that the Duviri are a faction that, whilst they presumably have access to this place, don't inhabit it exclusively, since Solaris dialogue mentions that some Solaris have seen and interacted with them. So it's possible they're not the cause of it, but are instead interested in it. If they're pseudo-Orokin or Orokin Remnant, they may be actively looking for a way to reclaim access to the void, and whatever this is seems like a good option - and may itself be bait, to try and draw more victims into pure void. If Tenno make Wally stronger or give him more points of access to our world, or my personal theory, their emotions and mental states are his food source, then that may be his goal - draw in more victims, possess more adults and possibly create more Tenno?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

As I say before, the Nullification might just be the fact we're suffused in void stuff - we don't have powers because we're surrounded by that power shooting into that power. By contrast, out of the void we're introducing that power into an environment it doesn't otherwise exist in. Like how air movements in air are only perceptible at high speeds, but any air underwater shows a significant effect - bubbles.

There's also indications that the Duviri are a faction that, whilst they presumably have access to this place, don't inhabit it exclusively, since Solaris dialogue mentions that some Solaris have seen and interacted with them. So it's possible they're not the cause of it, but are instead interested in it. If they're pseudo-Orokin or Orokin Remnant, they may be actively looking for a way to reclaim access to the void, and whatever this is seems like a good option - and may itself be bait, to try and draw more victims into pure void. If Tenno make Wally stronger or give him more points of access to our world, or my personal theory, their emotions and mental states are his food source, then that may be his goal - draw in more victims, possess more adults and possibly create more Tenno?

This last part is a cool concept, except that somehow the younger version implanted a memory to save his older self...the reverse.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

This last part is a cool concept, except that somehow the younger version implanted a memory to save his older self...the reverse.

Wally isn't the Tenno, he's a third party observing/creating the playing field. That interaction is still possible, since the Tenno's being saved from a Duviri Dax.

To really go into the mindscrew territory though, what if Wally implanted that memory, either from another Tenno or even manifesting/moving the Tigris into position. His world, his rules after all - and if he does feed on us or otherwise wants more Tenno, he'd have a motivation - keep as many Tenno alive for his master plan.

• Like 1

I believe this is where the top Orokin escaped to. Past the dimension of pure energy we know as the void we travel though to an actual alternate reality on the other side of that veil. Yet to exist there and not be mentally destroyed. The last Orokin had to go full Transhuman and melded with their technology becoming something beyond organic or robotic cephalon. In this state, they are also immune to the void while using its power to thrive.

The man in the wall, perhaps the essence of the void. Hates this. It cant affect them or remove them. That's why hes been nudging Tenno here and there. Its directing us to a path in confronting and removing the Orokin that have infested its reality like a plague.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How do we come up with a “theory?”

Well, first we “guess” it.

Then, we calculate what the consequences of the guess would imply.

Then we compare those calculated predictions with experience (experiment, etc.) - with direct observation, to see if it works.

If it disagrees with experiment, then it’s WRONG.That’s all there is to it.

So, how do we make the guesses. Well, we use the “known principles” upon which nature operates. So usually, it’s extremely difficult (in the Sciences, like theoretical physics) because the known principles are inconsistent with one another.

HERE, they are much MORE simplified. So the real difficulty is not in sorting through and establishing the known principles, which nature in The Origin System works from. It’s actually very easy to make those determinations (and identify the undecidables, which can then be related to degrees of probability & possibility by drawing from “outside knowledge”).

There is no paradox, in terms of the way things work. The way things present only seems paradoxical, because there is incorrect information which is assumed to be knowledge. 

The first step, therefore, is to question the assumptions about what, where, when the Origin System, The Void, The Tenno, Orokin, Sentients, etc. actually ARE supposed to be. 

That is, IF you really want to get into formulating a THEORY of what The Duviri Paradox is (as we at least know that IS directly RELATED to “The Tennoverse”).

If you want some fun visual stuff to play around with (because strictly textual theoretics are something which very few Tenno/Player/Operators have much patience for, obviously, with the majority of assumptions being formed by omitting inconvenient pieces of exposition and textual reference from the existing contexts, to inform the theories which poorly pass for what is “known,” thus far).

It’s a cornucopia friends ... have fun and play with it.

Cheers.

Vitruvietta Paradoxica

(and Playing With Inspirations of The Duviri Paradox)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JDJZ2dNiJ1tU457u8

• Like 1