Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Preferred key bindings: keyboard and gaming mouse

crouthmr

Question

Curious to know what bindings work for players using keyboard and gaming mouse. (I use Logi G502 hero but button layout of others is similar). Just want to try some other things out. 

Please no rants about 3.0 or opinions about using a controller. Other places to do that. 

7 answers to this question

I usually don’t change much. Main things I have are setting the Gear Key to Tab and (the biggest thing) changing my crouch key to my side mouse button.

Takes a little getting used to, but it saves your poor pinkey from having to jump between shift and control. I also find it’s faster, imho.

Sharkoon Drakonia.

No changes to LMB, RMB and Wheel

One thumb is macro for slide, one is macro for Bullet Jump and the third thumb is for Operator

Keyboard: V for Energy Restore, H for Health Restore, C for Arching Launcher, Y (german Layout, Z on american Layout) for K-Drive

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

I have just about everything as default, except i have F for interact (i think default is X), i have a button next to left mouse (Logictech G500) setup for melee, the one behind that is a macro for sliding, and i have mouse wheel down as a second "left click" for when i get tired of spamming left click on semi-auto weapons. I don't think i changed anything else from defaults. I'm quite used to using 1-5 for skills in MMO's, so that doesn't bother me.

Oh, forgot about this... I have F1-F4 for the first 4 gear wheel slots, then the others are on my numpad (so for example Num7 is my archwing launcher, Num 6 is my K-drive, 8-9 are for minning and fishing, F1 is glyph, F2 scanner, etc).

Edited by ReaverKane

11 minutes ago, crouthmr said:

Curious to know what bindings work for players using keyboard and gaming mouse. (I use Logi G502 hero but button layout of others is similar). Just want to try some other things out. 

Please no rants about 3.0 or opinions about using a controller. Other places to do that. 

The big change I made was for the movement keys. I do this for basically any game that will let me, because I don't find WASD terribly comfortable. WASD also constrains you a bit if you want to bind things to the left of your movement setup.

• EWDF is my WASD equivalent. This is where my fingers normally land (bonus points for including F, so I can find it without looking) when I put them on the keyboard, so it makes more "sense" to me than using WASD or ESDF. It also creates enough space that there are usually enough nearby keys to cover things I use frequently.
  • I use A for crouch/slide. A is my "mobility" button (or my crouch button in stealth games) because my pinky is free and on the key even if I'm furiously mashing my other movement keys. 

Mostly my advice is this: Pick keys that are comfortable for you, and don't get hung up on convention. Sometimes keys are bound they way there are because it's easier to remember (e.g. number keys for abilities). If you don't like stretching to reach 4 or 5, just rebind it to something closer. It might take a while for your brain and muscle memory to catch up, but I tend to think it's worth it.

I have a somewhat unconventional setup given I started before WASD was a standard in video games.

I use the keypad and mouse.

I would say it's a hassle having to re-bind keys for every game I play but I would probably do that anyways.

The numeric arrow keys 8, 4, 5, 6 are my WASD, 9 1st ability, 7 is 2nd, 3 is 3rd and 1 is 4th just to get a general idea. I use up arrow to jump with my pinky. I have every key bound from the the Enter key over and use a Corsair Scimitar Black with 7 of the 12 side keys bound to something. Pretty much everything but stuff like taking a screenshot has be rebound. It's just what I got used to long ago from games like Descent and Tie Fighter which had a lot of controls. It was my own personal stepping stone from the normal arrow keys in games like Doom.

Tab - interact
Q - crouch < since its close to WASD its logical to have it close for easy slide attack
X - waypoint
C - idk the name but that window which shows how much damgae and kills every1 have and what drops u already get
RMB - sprint
Lshift - aim
mouse scroll - alt fire , idk if that was default or no