Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Revisited Ideas

PsiWarp

A take on the upcoming Vauban rework with the idea of him becoming a mobile fortress, with the defensive power and durability backed up by his plethora of deployables. All stats here are for example only.

Ammo Conversion - Picking up ammo restores 5 energy per ammo pickup, and picking up energy restores 25 ammo. Archgun Deployer cooldown is reduced by a small amount per ammo picked up.

Minelayer - 25 energy

• When holding down the ability key to throw a mine, a trajectory arc visual indicator is shown to Vauban.
  • All mines last 45 seconds affected by Duration mods.
  • All mines stick to surfaces, allies, and enemies when thrown on them. If aiming at a target ally or enemy, throwing the mine will cause it to home in and stick to the target if in range.
  • Mine types changed to: Tesla, Repulse, Shred, Concuss.
    • Teslas emit a stream of electricity on a single target, dealing damage every half second with a buffed status chance from 10% to 25%, now affected by Strength mods.
    • Replaces Bounce. Repulse lets out a pulse of Magnetic energy that repels all enemies and enemy projectiles coming within a 5 meter radius every 1.5 seconds; the pulse expands to its max range in a span of 1 second, knocking away all eligible targets. Anytime parkour is performed on the pads, that player's parkour distance is increased by 25%, affected by Strength mods.
    • Shred armor debuff duration buffed from 4 seconds to 10 seconds. Multiple Shred detonations can now stack armor debuffs up to a 100% removal of enemy armor.
      • If an armor debuff is active, the debuff duration is reset to full on subsequent detonations, with armor reduction additively increased (e.g. 1 mine = 40% removed, 2 mines = 80%, 3 mines = 100%).
    • Concuss deafen duration buffed from 8 seconds to 10 seconds. Deafen debuff also adds a Disorient effect, which doubles recovery time for stuns, ragdoll, stagger, and knockdown effects inflicted during the debuff.

Reinforce - 50 energy

• Grants Vauban, teammates, and Companions within 25 meters a buff that lasts 20 seconds, affected by Range and Duration mods. Reinforce buff grants a flat 250 armor bonus and 50 shield recharge per second, affected by Strength mods. Shield recharge is constant and will stack into Overshield up to the cap. Recast to refresh buff's duration to full.
  • Ability Synergy:
    • Vauban can affect deployed mines within a 5 meter target area around his aiming reticle, by casting Reinforce on them. The cast range of this function is infinite.
    • Minelayer - all affected primary mines will split into 3 secondary mines in a triangular formation around where they were placed. Only primary mines can multiply, secondary mines are not affected by Reinforce recasts. When multiplied, mines have their duration reset to full. Secondary mines float above ground similar to Bastille's orb, but with distinct visual effects.
    • Bastille - creates a suctioning force, attracts all suspended enemies toward the center, similar to Vortex's suction without the ragdolling. Also resets Bastille's duration to full.
    • Refer to fourth ability for synergy.

Bastille - 75 energy, 2.5 energy per second (when carrying)

• Target cap raised from 12 to 16 enemies.
  • Suspended enemies succumb to a damage multiplier of 2 times, affected by Strength mods.
  • Ability Synergy:
    • Damage from Minelayer mines deal a damage multiplier of 4 times on suspended enemies. Also affected by Strength mods.
    • Mine-Link - the effect of a single Minelayer mine is shared between all suspended enemies in a Bastille. This includes damage from Tesla, Repulse, and Shred, as well as all included status effects (Electric, Magnetic, Blast, Radiation) and debuffs (Armor reduction and Deafen).
  • Can now be picked up and carried around by Vauban using the interact key. Drains 2.5 energy per second while carrying a Bastille. Press the interact key again to deploy Bastille back on the ground.
    • If Reinforce is cast on Bastille and Vauban picks up that Bastille, it will pause its suction feature until it is dropped back on the ground.
  • Now capped at 4 deployed Bastilles at one time.

Barricade - 100 energy

• Tap-cast deploys a force field around Vauban that negates incoming attacks, following him as a defensive barrier wherever he moves. Hold-cast deploys the force field where Vauban stands as a stationary bunker. Barricade lasts until destroyed or redeployed. Health is affected by Strength, Shield, Health, and Armor mods. Size of the Barricade is affected by Range mods.
    • When created, a 3 second window of invulnerability allows Barricade to convert incoming damage to extra health.
    • If a Barricade is active, tap-cast instead teleports it to Vauban and have it attached to him. Hold-cast also teleports Barricade to Vauban but deploys it on the ground where he stands. Both functions cost 25 energy each.
    • Any Minelayer mines sticking to Barricade will also teleport with it to Vauban's position.
    • Barricade's stats are displayed above the ability icon with UI elements when active (Pablo please).
  • Enemies and their attacks cannot pass through Barricade. Allies and their attacks can pass through unhindered. If Vauban walks with Barricade around him, enemies will be bashed away.
  • All ally projectiles from weapons and abilities are accelerated when passing through Barricade, increasing projectile speed by 50%, affected by Strength mods.
    • This includes Vauban's Minelayer and Bastille orbs that he throws.
  • Ability Synergy:
    • Minelayer mines can stick to the outside surfaces of the Barricade when thrown at it. Thrown orbs can pass through the inside of Barricade to travel faster.
    • All deployed Minelayer mines within 15 meters of Vauban will fly to and stick to the walls of the Barricade when this ability is cast. This also happens when Barricade is cast for its teleport function.
    • Casting Reinforce on Barricade will also grant it temporary armor, a shield bar, and shield recharge (also stacks into Overshield).
Edited by PsiWarp

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

Shred armor debuff duration buffed from 4 seconds to 10 seconds. Multiple Shred detonations can now stack armor debuffs up to a 100% removal of enemy armor.

Range?

Concuss deafen duration buffed from 8 seconds to 10 seconds. Deafen debuff also adds a Disorient effect, which doubles recovery time for stuns, ragdoll, stagger, and knockdown effects inflicted during the debuff.

I dont understand how this works and i dont know how the current one works

Barricade

Instead of this which makes him stationary give him an exalted sentinel(A lot of people suggested that as reowrk suggestioin and I love that the most sorry). The problem with vauban is that he stayed in one area defensing it and moves very slowly, liek if you wanan move in an extreminate mission you would be spamming this.

Sentinel:

-Passive Sentinel: Behaves as a normal sentinel without any special mods, has an exalted sentinel weapons too

-Health station: The sentinel transofrms into a healing station, when placed it does not move but it heals vauban and allies for 10 health per second(affected by strength mods) while within its area of effect(default range 5m affected by mods) and costs 50 energy to switch to this mode.  Tap the ability to move to the place Vauban is pointing at for a cost of 25 energy, enemies that were previously in the AOE of the turret are affected for 3 seconds from the moving of the turret.

-Turret: its an auto turret and deals the damage that the sentinel weapons has(affected by strength mods) and attacks target up to 15m(affected by range mods), to switch to this mode it costs 50 energy. Enemies killed by the turret have a 20% chance of dropping additional ammo(not affected by mods). Tap to move the turret to vaubans location he is looking at a cost of 25 energy

40 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Range?

Can be buffed if needed, but since you can multiply your mines with Reinforce, buffing explosion range is just icing on the cake.

I dont understand how this works and i dont know how the current one works

In the game right now, Concuss makes enemies deaf to gunfire and death screams for 8 seconds. I'm buffing that to 10 secs and adding Disorient to Deafen, which makes enemies take longer to recover if they get knocked down, or other crowd control effects.

I dont understand how this works and instead of this which makes him stationary give him an exalted sentinel(A lot of people suggested that as reowrk suggestioin and I love that the most sorry). The problem with vauban is that he stayed in one area defensing it and moves very slowly, liek if you wanan move in an extreminate mission you would be spamming this.

Sentinel:

-Passive Sentinel: Behaves as a normal sentinel without any special mods, has an exalted sentinel weapons too

-Health station: The sentinel transofrms into a healing station, when placed it does not move but it heals vauban and allies for 10 health per second(affected by strength mods) while within its area of effect(default range 5m affected by mods) and costs 50 energy to switch to this mode.  Tap the ability to move to the place Vauban is pointing at for a cost of 25 energy, enemies that were previously in the AOE of the turret are affected for 3 seconds from the moving of the turret.

-Turret: its an auto turret and deals the damage that the sentinel weapons has(affected by strength mods) and attacks target up to 15m(affected by range mods), to switch to this mode it costs 50 energy. Enemies killed by the turret have a 20% chance of dropping additional ammo(not affected by mods). Tap to move the turret to vaubans location he is looking at a cost of 25 energy

Barricade doesn't stop Vauban or slow him down when he is on the move. It also shields your Sentinel with a giant wall of health from all sides. It's a highly versatile barrier that provides protection and a battle platform for your mines.

Exalted Sentinel is a fun idea, especially since it builds on the flying drone concept we see around the forums. How it ties to the rest of his kit is crucial for a well-rounded power set, and I'm curious to read more about that.

Not gonna lie,I'm really amazed by your ideas,the synergies and most importantly,the fact that you know what Vauban actually needs;plus adding the fun facto ofc,This way he doesn't lose his "trapper" theme,even though,he's always been an "engineer" to me. ^^

I would like to discuss the details and the certain mechanics of abilities aswell as some scenarios,if that's ok with you,ofc.The reason why is because I'm intrigued and wanna know more.

So,lets begin.

Passive:

On 2019-07-23 at 12:56 PM, PsiWarp said:

Ammo Conversion

I didn't knew how much I needed this until I saw it.Even though his current one is better than the old Reinforce passive.

Considering the fact that you've moved this damage amplification to his "Bastille" and made it innate,compensates completely,and then some. 

1st Abilty:

Minelayer

TESLA: Consistent dmg with a decent proc chance,can ofc be modded for more with power strength.The quality of life it deserves and needs.

Question:  The only thing I wanna know is the range/radius of it and how much dmg output would you give it,300,500,perhaps more?

REPULSE: I'm assuming it's the same circle with an obviously better 5m radius.

Question:  So,how would it work on any other surface,besides the ground and will it repel only projectiles like missiles and those similar,or will it also repel hitscan bullets,e.g. Sobek or  Hind? What is the maximum capability you intended here? 

SHRED:  Longer duration and a possibility to strip armor completely,what's not to love. 😄

Question: What is the range/radius of the mine and does it activate as soon as the enemy is in the proximity or does it have 2 separate areas,i.e., activation proximity and dmg            proximity? 

CONCUSS: More duration and the additional Disorient effect feels very wholesome.

Question:   Does it still inflict radiation proc and will it open up for finishers? 

2nd Ability:

Reinforce

This ability by itself  is more than enough of a selling point IMHO,because it would give him that sustainabilty he really needs.I've even run some numbers,considering the stats that you given.

So with a 91% POWER STRENGTH build,it would easily give flat 477,5 armor  and 114,6 shield/s.The constant shield regen might seem OP,but that's only if the armor values apply to the shield,not really sure how it works tbh...e.g. does Shield benefit from a mod like  Adaptation in general? Love the synergy of Reinforce with other abilities,especially the mine ones,really clever.

Question:  About the mentioned synergies...does casting Reinforce on your other abilities (re)apply the buff to yourself or does it have to be done separately.How does the energy consumption work in this scenario?

3rd Ability:

Bastille

Liking the higher target cap and the 2x dmg multiplier.Even not mad at 4 Bastilles max at any time.

Another clever synergy with the mine link and lets not forget about that juicy 4x dmg multiplier from the mines alone. hehe

Question: So,the mine link makes every target in the Bastille share the dmg/status procs/debuffs from a single mine.

Taking this in  consideration I have few scenarios:

a) Reinforced Tesla will fry not just 3 suspended targets in the Bastille but have the effect of every target being fried by 3 Teslas,right?

b) Reinforced Shred will strip armor of all suspended targets in the Bastille,if I'm correct?

c) How would Reinforced Concuss and Repulse behave in this scenario?

I would also like to know,how tricky would Reinforcing of the Minelayer and Bastille be,if they're on top of each other?

What about clunkiness of carrying suspended enemies,is the movement impaired,do they follow in bullet jump,what about enemies suspended in another room? :S

4th Ability:

Barricade

Another great defensive ability that will greatly improve the survivability of you and your team aswell as the outcome of the mission.Love the micromanaging via teleporting,placing and moving the force field,a reaaally nice touch. 😄 Also the fact that it improves projectile speed and speed of the mine travel aswell.

Question:  So,initially it has only health and is affected by Health, Shield, and Health mods.Reinforcing it gives it additional armor and a shield bar,aswell as shield recharge,am I correct?

The only thing that really bugs me is next.So imagine this scenario:

You got your Barricade on,it has several mines attached to it,you're carrying Bastille and aaaaaall the suspended targets in the air.Basically,Vauban turns into a christmas tree.

See my point? 😕 

IMHO,that's alot of stuff on my screen,perhaps take it down a notch,remove some of these carrying features.I get that the Reinforced Bastille would actually make the suction effect and place all the suspended targets in the middle.In this case,right above the Barricade that you're in.

That would be my only pet peeve.

Other than that,a remarkable display of ideas and synergies,very refreshing.

Would love to discuss about it furthermore. 

I love it man. ^^

EDIT:

Would it be ok if I share this idea of yours on the fb page,credited and all? 😄

Edited by Phaeronimus
  • Like 1

Glad to see this piqued your interest! I will edit this post with answers to your questions soon. Feel free to share the idea if you so choose!

Tesla range and damage are up for balance, since they become quite consistent stun zappers with a hit per 0.5 sec.

Repulse specifically lets out an expanding pulse that deflects projectiles and pushes enemies away during its 1.5 sec cooldown. So really any projectiles and enemies in the way in that time will be repelled. Bullets and beams still penetrate through Repulse however, so Barricade is still your de-facto shield.

Shred detonate detection range is small indeed. Might be good to increase it to 4 meters or so. Explosion range seems good for now.

Concuss' Radiation proc is unchanged.

The stats on Reinforce's Armor and shield recharge may need to be dialed down at base if it keeps the buff refreshed on recast. Or just not make it refresh on recast so Vauban will need to be more tactical when reapplying it (catching as many allies in the AoE as possible in one cast to save on energy). Adaptation mod will make good use of the constantly regenerating shield pool for its damage reduction, and if damage does go through shields, Vauban will have some Armor to protect his squishy health.

Reinforce would affect any primary mines in the 5 m area around your reticle and apply the buff in the 25 m from a single cast. Just save on energy by first looking at mines, then cast to refresh/apply the buff on your team as well.

Mine-Link will be a strong contender for ability damage for Vauban, due to mines dealing quadruple damage, hitting every suspended enemy, and having Reinforce triple their effects.

Indeed. Teslas would become an electric fence zapping all suspended enemies in Bastille, more so with Reinforced Teslas. Shred would strip Armor pretty much instantly. Repulse would proc Magnetic and damage enemies, but its repelling pulse only originates from the mines and won't push suspended enemies away. Concuss would irradiate and deafen all suspended enemies, creating quite a lot of decoys in an instant.

Since Reinforce uses a target area, all primary Minelayer mines and Bastilles inside the area would be Reinforced on cast.

It really depends on the suction force of a Reinforced Bastille. If it is as fast as Vortex, I think the suspended enemies could keep up with regular parkour maneuvers. If they happen to get stuck on walls or left behind, then your Bastille would just capture new targets in range.

Reinforced Bastille + Mined-up Barricade would be quite a lightahow. Perhaps while carrying a Reinforced Bastille, it wouldn't have a suction force but will when you drop it back on the ground.

Hope that helps! Thanks for your feedback!

Le 7/23/2019 à 1:56 PM, PsiWarp a dit :

Health is affected by Strength, Shield, and Health mods. Size of the Barricade is affected by Range mods.

More HP barricades does not scale? Give at least invulnerability for 3 seconds, and it turns out that in some situations the barricade will be destroyed immediately upon installation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Repulse specifically lets out an expanding pulse that deflects projectiles and pushes enemies away during its 1.5 sec cooldown. So really any projectiles and enemies in the way in that time will be repelled. Bullets and beams still penetrate through Repulse however, so Barricade is still your de-facto shield.

Oh,I see,so a spherical pulse,where ever it's placed.I get it now.

5 hours ago, zhellon said:

More HP barricades does not scale? Give at least invulnerability for 3 seconds, and it turns out that in some situations the barricade will be destroyed immediately upon installation.

Frost Globe treatment,I can get behind this.Would definitely make the Barricade scale furthermore,offering better and longer protection as the run progresses.

7 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Glad to see this piqued your interest! I will edit this post with answers to your questions soon. Feel free to share the idea if you so choose!

Excellent! 😄
Will do so,as soon as you edit all the things you intended.

Keep us updated! ^^

Allot of this is kinda cool until you consider high level content like arbitrations and the like. Being able to pick up bastille is kinda neat, but the problem therein is that it is literally just a damage buff like banshee mixed with some cc. AKA literally just play equinox prime considering how cheap and easy it is to farm for (literally selling for 70 plat right now).

2 hours ago, Grizmoore said:

Allot of this is kinda cool until you consider high level content like arbitrations and the like. Being able to pick up bastille is kinda neat, but the problem therein is that it is literally just a damage buff like banshee mixed with some cc. AKA literally just play equinox prime considering how cheap and easy it is to farm for (literally selling for 70 plat right now).

Save for the Mine-Link in which 3 types of status effects, damage, and debuffs can spread between all captured targets. Their shields will be removed by Repulse's Magnetic proc, their Armor will be stripped by Shred's debuff, they will damage nearby enemies with Electric procs from Teslas, and they will become distractions with Concuss' Radiation procs.

Also the Vortex effect from a Reinforced Bastille doesn't make it any similar to Equinox.

On 2019-07-23 at 6:56 AM, PsiWarp said:

Concuss deafen duration buffed from 8 seconds to 10 seconds. Deafen debuff also adds a Disorient effect, which doubles recovery time for stuns, ragdoll, stagger, and knockdown effects inflicted during the debuff.

Okay this right here, needs to not be in the game. At no point am I playing and think, "Oh I don't want them to hear me coming". Especially a frame with the namesake of Vauban.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sébastien_Le_Prestre_de_Vauban

His abilities need to mimic some of what they are basing him off of, it would give him more direction and nicely outline something of what Vauban should be doing. 

Namely, he needs to be using some sort of Battery, not just traps. He needs to be on the offensive with Artillery and on the defensive with fortifying himself and allies. 

I'd say these suggestions are focusing too much on his defensive doctrines, change the Traps to grenades with a large radius and you're in business with that set of abilities.

Get rid of tesla, or make it an AoE effect that is constant with only electric proc to stun, no damage needed.

Completely remove the entirety of all of minelayer. It's S#&$, and bounce too. If Super Jump was removed, why is Bounce still here?

Replace both with a turret and/or some form of dispenser.

Buff Bastille's base range from the pathetic 10 meters to 20 meters at max level. As it stands now, if you min-max for only range, you barely cover 28 meters. And that is nothing in warframe.

Buff Vortex's base range from it's useless 6 meters(Even daggers have better range than that) to 12 meters. Pretty simple. 

As for stats, do what you think is fair, just buff his crappy range if he's gonna stay a CC frame. 28 meters for a max range bastille is pure bull crap in modern warframe. All these huge tilesets and whatnot.

13 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Replace both with a turret and/or some form of dispenser.

This is actually something I've mentioned in another vauban post. 

Give him a turret, make it an exalted weapon. There you go something that we can make our own within the ability. Have it fire in two modes, indiscriminate and focus. 

"Dispensers" are kinda boring, but I think if there was some buff that let us use our ammo reserves for a short period it would be more than a bit nicer. Imagine a tigris not having to reload.

On 2019-07-26 at 6:16 PM, Grizmoore said:

Okay this right here, needs to not be in the game. At no point am I playing and think, "Oh I don't want them to hear me coming". Especially a frame with the namesake of Vauban.

This kind of "Your X sucks,put my Y instead." feedback mentality isn't helping anyone

PsiWarp spread his sheet of ideas,the Vauban rework as he imagined it.If you're so eager to come up with a new rework,feel free to do so.

No need to bash on his creativity and ideas.

49 minutes ago, Grizmoore said:

Give him a turret, make it an exalted weapon

Fact is,he already has a turret,it just never really managed to acomplish the role completely.Because the dmg and dmg consistency is underwhelming.

On 2019-07-26 at 6:16 PM, Grizmoore said:

His abilities need to mimic some of what they are basing him off of, it would give him more direction and nicely outline something of what Vauban should be doing. 

Referring to this,a quote from the actual wiki:

"As he grew older, Vauban took an increasingly broad view of his role; his fortifications were designed for mutual support, so he built or planned infrastructure, including roads, bridges and canals."

So with this in mind and your "logical thinking" Vauban my aswell be Bob the builder frame,right? Give me a break..

13 minutes ago, Phaeronimus said:

"As he grew older, Vauban took an increasingly broad view of his role; his fortifications were designed for mutual support, so he built or planned infrastructure, including roads, bridges and canals."

So with this in mind and your "logical thinking" Vauban my aswell be Bob the builder frame,right? Give me a break..

He took on a broader view, not forgetting anything else. I'm not bashing any of his ideas, he came up with something, and I don't agree, I proposed a counter that concuss as an ability serves little to no purpose and is part of the kit that as a person who has played vauban in all mission types can say, I cannot imagine any situation that it would be usable beyond cool meme status

If you only look at one doctrine, then you get a frame that is defensive, offensive, or literally bob the builder. Instead you need to take a look at it in culmination.

On 2019-07-23 at 6:56 AM, PsiWarp said:

Barricade - 100 energy

• Tap-cast deploys a force field around Vauban that negates incoming attacks, following him as a defensive barrier wherever he moves. Hold-cast deploys the force field where Vauban stands as a stationary bunker. Barricade lasts until destroyed or redeployed. Health is affected by Strength, Shield, Health, and Armor mods. Size of the Barricade is affected by Range mods.

is a great example of the doctrines on fortification, I just don't think any of the traps mentioned would have use and am trying to explain why. Concuss as an ability says allot of fruity language but it basically acts as a small stun when Bastille is just a cooler version of that same ability, and accomplishes more for an extended period with little to no setup.

Going back to the quote pulled we'd probably want to base more off of the time he spent actually working on defensive and offensive doctrines as much as possible because it would yield more interesting and impressive abilities, that being said I understand the misunderstanding. \

TLDR, we want the excaliber based off the cool swordsman, not the state he ended up because laying in a bed doing nothing while an old friend murders my besties would be an unemployable gameplay loop in the current state of warframe. That being said I'm down to play minecraft.

Edited by Grizmoore

7 minutes ago, Grizmoore said:

Concuss as an ability says allot of fruity language but it basically acts as a small stun when Bastille is just a cooler version of that same ability, and accomplishes more for an extended period with little to no setup.

The Radiation effect is still there,averting fire from yourself and allies,not just a small stun,tbh.Soft cc,at least.Yes,Bastille does the job better,but it still doesn't change the fact that this kind of crowd control isn't a nice addition.For instance,it serves as a nice touch as part of the Radiating Disarm augment.Imho,Vauban just needs a little survivabilty mechanic,and it would add the fun factor of keeping that mechanic on mind,via constant buffing,re-applying the buff or the aforementioned Barricade.Just something else to give him the edge.

What kind of mechanic would you implement,how would you alternate this part of the kit to fully embrace his lore? Perhaps making the Concuss buff the Barricade or even the Bastille,so that any target shooting  at it would get a rad proc? Random thought from my side.

2 minutes ago, Phaeronimus said:

What kind of mechanic would you implement,how would you alternate this part of the kit to fully embrace his lore? Perhaps making the Concuss buff the Barricade or even the Bastille,so that any target shooting  at it would get a rad proc? Random thought from my side.

Change all traps mentioned to grenades with similar affects, imagine throwing something like shred into a group of enemies and immediately getting feedback with some lighter damage but watching some heavy gunners bars go from yellow to red. it would not only make his gameplay loop less tedious but serve up fast burst damage on his other grenades along with their various effects. 

I like the damage buff to all enemies with bastille but I don't see why this can't just be a self buff on vauban or an ally/objective, my biggest issue with it is that for it to be useful to the team it would need to operate with the suction regardless, and the bastille itself should require line of sight to pull enemies towards itself to keep enemies from being suspended in spawn rooms taking up one of the slots for suspended enemies. 

13 hours ago, Grizmoore said:

Change all traps mentioned to grenades with similar affects, imagine throwing something like shred into a group of enemies and immediately getting feedback with some lighter damage but watching some heavy gunners bars go from yellow to red. it would not only make his gameplay loop less tedious but serve up fast burst damage on his other grenades along with their various effects. 

Tbh,I would love if they gave up on the whole "trapper theme" idea.He's always been an engineer to me,and the grenades would definitely make it better,and fun aswell.I'm afraid that won't be the scenario,unfortunately.

I really hope they do him justice.Well,Scott at least,since Pablo is working on more important stuff,like link builds and link fashion,which is ofc waaay more important,right...right? -____-
Don't leave us Pablo...

Minelayer - all affected primary mines will split into 3 secondary mines in a triangular formation around where they were placed. Only primary mines can multiply, secondary mines are not affected by Reinforce recasts. When multiplied, mines have their duration reset to full. Secondary mines float above ground similar to Bastille's orb, but with distinct visual effects.

Care to explain this? I can't understand it

2 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Care to explain this? I can't understand it

1. Throw any mine from minelayer (the thrown one counts as the primary)
2. Cast the 2nd ability "Reinforce" on it
3. The mine splits into 3 (secondary) mines-duration is reset

Only primary mines can be multiplied.

Hope this helped.

• Like 1

@Azamagon Appreciate your appreciation! Looking forward to your feedback and questions friend!

@Grizmoore Deafen really is an odd feature on Vauban, since enemies will be too busy fighting each other with the Radiation proc in play. The only real use for this is that enemies can't hear you firing near them, so they target the nearest thing or the first guy to damage them. Not sure why DE added it in the last rework.

Admittedly I haven't read much on Vauban's real life inspiration until you linked the wiki article. It's fascinating. Particularly the mention of doctrines which the Corpus are also associated with.

Regarding grenades, do note that with new Minelayer you can directly aim and throw mines that home in during flight to stick to your target. Imagine throwing Concuss and Shred that don't miss their targets and explode with their effects on impact. Tesla and Repulse would continuously perform their effects on enemies in range.

Can even add a range bonus to encourage direct Minelayer throws and sticking mines to allies and enemies. 

@(PS4)Hopper_Orouk Reinforce on its own is a radial buffing ability that buffs Vauban himself, teammates, and all Companions in range. Vauban can also aim at his mines and cast Reinforce on his mines. Mines made from Minelayer will multiply into 3 mines of the same type, each at full duration. Thanks for the explanation @Phaeronimus!

It means Vauban can quickly create minefields now instead of throwing just one out at a time.

Speaking of which, if a mine is attached to an ally or enemy, Reinforcing it would stick 3 mines to that target, instead of all those mines dropping on the ground.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-27 at 12:45 PM, Phaeronimus said:

I agree with your criticism of their criticism but if you look at that quote you could take it as vauban being more versatile and technical. capable of filling multiple roles based on what his team needs, not literally building bridges

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

I agree with your criticism of their criticism but if you look at that quote you could take it as vauban being more versatile and technical. capable of filling multiple roles based on what his team needs, not literally building bridges

Ofc,without a doubt.Not necessary literal,even though I did constructed it that way,yes.Btw,considering versatility,it should be imperative for its rework,especially since it is generously being implemented in the last few released and/or reworked frames.It shouldn't stop now. 😕

Edited by Phaeronimus
typo*

7 minutes ago, Phaeronimus said:

Ofc,without a doubt.Not necessary literal,even though I did constructed it that way,yes.Btw,considering versatility,it should be imperative for its rework,especially since it is generously being implemented in the last few released and/or reworked frames.It shouldn't stop now. 😕

If you would like i think my own version of a vauban update is more versatile. Ive done several iterations but my most recent feels like the best ideas so far. Check it out at your leasure