Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe really needs raids back!

I agree, that I would like raids back, but I don't think they solve a problem, I currently see in Warframe. That problem is time gating. You can't grind one thing you want to grind until you are done. If it's Arcanes you want, you do Eidolons for 50 min and then wait more than a hour to grind on. Same for relics, same for arbitrations, same for non Survival Kuva (Kuva is kinda ok, but I dislike it for other reasons). 
Raids shared this problem, in being playable only once a day. So, yeah, having them back would be nice, but I still couldn't grind as long as I want

I liked the concept behind the Trials as they were called; but not the execution which were mostly unfun in how you had to gather minimum size teams; puzzle based game-play that mostly amounted to standing on buttons and burning energy; while fighting enemies (which were mostly meaningless) that gave nothing of major value aside from the final boss encounter. Top that off with bugs and glitches and even DE had to pull the plug after a bit. Eidolons and Profit Taker essentially represent similar situations without the hassle of minimum squads, less mindless puzzling; and more direct rewards that you can get more than once a day. I don't mind trials coming back eventually, but I wouldn't have them come back as they were.

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

OP, could you explain exactly why Warframe NEEDS raids?

Sure, you WANT them back. But why does the game NEED them?

To offer more roles for players to fulfill.

Currently there is only one role in this game. Damage dealer. And one player can take care of everything leaving the other 3 players unable to engage with the mission.

The Trials were the first time Warframe expanded the ammount of roles players have to fulfill. It allowed to contribute to the mission success in many different ways instead of just one.

Simply put. Raids gave people a reason to pick CC/Support/Utility/Healer frames over Saryn. (Volt Prime was useful as bomb carrier, Vauban was useful protecting the bomb carrier, Trinity was refilling energy and supplying buffs, Nova debuffed enemies etc.)

That and Raids required some skill, knowledge and team coordination (you know, the reason why Raids exist in games in the first place). Sure they got easy as cake after two runs, but it was better than nothing, DE at least tried and should've kept improving with more raids. Simply removing trials from the game was a step back.

Edited by markus230

Just now, markus230 said:

Simply put. Raids gave people a reason to pick CC/Support/Utility/Healer frames over Saryn.

Maybe in the Jordas Raid. In Hek's Raid you could easily kill everything...

1 minute ago, markus230 said:

Sure they got easy as cake after two runs, but it was better than nothing

So in other words you are saying that Raids were/are the same as everything else in the game. Kind of difficult the first time you do it and after that it's just a joke...

I still don't understand, why Warframe would NEED them.
Even the "work together, have different roles" can be don't in normal gameplay. No reason for Raids...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Maybe in the Jordas Raid. In Hek's Raid you could easily kill everything...

But as far as I remember, it wasn't a good idea to do that since enemies would just keep respawning. Keeping them CC'd prevented new enemies from spawning

So in other words you are saying that Raids were/are the same as everything else in the game. Kind of difficult the first time you do it and after that it's just a joke...

Most of the stuff in this game is a cakewalk as soon as it comes out.

And I don't see why: "NUKE IT FROM ORBIT" should be a valid response. It was too easy, so what? It was the first raid in the game, DE could keep it as "Baby's first raid" and improve with new raids.

I still don't understand, why Warframe would NEED them.

Even the "work together, have different roles" can be don't in normal gameplay. No reason for Raids...

Yeah, if you gimp yourself. Everything in this game can be accomplished with a single Saryn so why bother with different roles?

A team based game should require you to cooperate. You shouldn't have to gimp yourself and search for people who want to do the same just to have team-work in a coop game.

I just play solo because there is no point in playing with others, either I gimp myslef, ruin someone else's fun, or someone else ruins mine. And it's still a fun game, but if a coop game makes solo-play the more complete experience then something went wrong.

Edited by markus230

I agree about the need of something Raid (Trails)-like. As Warframe is now, Eidolon hunts, Orb's Heists and Arbitrations are not enought to satisfy majority of veteran playerbase. 

Idea of Trails was good. Give players high level content and puzzles and force them to use their knowledge about the game, about raid mechanics, their high end gear, skills and their brains to cooperate and finish ultimate challange for ultimate reward.

Now we have many reward possibilities, damn me if DE wanted so we would have tons of new mods and arcanes to get specifically from such content. They even have means to create such content with current in-game assets. Unfortunatelly, they decided to polish and deliver different content tho, like Railjack, New War, Duviri. 

I Hope that one day end-game raid-like content will return, changed ofc but giving us similliar challange for rare and interesting rewards.

Edited by darkhades2012

2 hours ago, (XB1)PairedDrake030 said:

A few of my friends have left the game because they took out the raids. They were fun and something to look forward to when you have everything else. Great for vet players r alliance even taught a few members how to do the raids. Please bring bk us vets like a challenge.

I didn't view them as a "challenge" personally; but as purely implemented puzzles that broke their scripts whenever something big changed. To top of their restrictive minimum squad sizes, they were a terror to organize effectively even given a huge selection of active allies at that time, as not everyone could effectively stand in a singular spot and either ignore enemies or be able to kill what were at the time overleveled hostiles. The intent was good, the implementation was flawed, and ideally will be improved if they come back later. For a similar feel without the muss, Eidolons and the Orbs currently fill a similar role reward wise, while you can fight Mot for a while for similar enemy power without silly energy draining puzzles and standing on buttons.