Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

which is better for inaros

(XBOX)Oussii

Question

19 answers to this question

if you just want to be a Tank, any Armor Mods past Steel Fiber / Umbral Fiber aren't really worth using. just add more Health instead.
especially since you're using Guardian.

so Umbral Vitality, Gladiator Resolve, Primed Vigor. add Adaptation on rather than Armor. basically leave extra Armor Mods past the first one as a last resort if there are simply no other options that seem even remotely useful.
as those Armor Mods will be the weakest option available to Inaros overall.

9 hours ago, jetfirejay1 said:

Pretty much every 300 armor your effective hp doubles so say you have 100 hp, if you have 300 armor its effectively 200 hp, if you have 600 armor its effectively 300hp and so on, the wiki page talks more about it if u wanna go crunch some numbers https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Armor

Not quite accurate. It takes 300 armor to double your effective HP, then 900 armor to double that, and 2100 armor to double that, and so on. The damage reduction formula is DR% = Armor/(Armor + 300).

Heath effectively 'doubles' every 300 armor as others said;

Its all about what your final EHP(effective hp) is. Here is the math:

200 armor form his 4 +  600 from guardian = 800 armor

• 9700hp, 500 armor  : 800+500 = 1300 armor
    EHP = 9700 * ( 1 + 1300/300) = 51733

• 9100hp, 765 armor : 800 + 765 = 1565 armor
    EHP = 9100 * (1 + 1565/300) = 56571

For me there is a clear winner.

Also do make sure you have adaptation in your build. It might be irregular amount of damage reduction, but in hot situations it provides fair amount of additional defence, worth more than other mods.

@taiiat It always depends. Armor vs health is about the balance, in his case armor is better.

Edited by scourge213

Inaros must haves- bold ones especially

-Adaptation (max that puppy out)

-Negation Swarm (For procs)

-Rage/Hunter Adrenaline

-Health mods and armor mods (I use umbra mods full set for bonuses, primed vigor, and gladiator resolve)

-Physique Aura is what I run for the most health I can get for my arcane grace to be more effective (personal preference) 

-Arcane Guardian r3

-Arcane Grace r3

-Sitting at 9700 something hp with just my physique can see 10k with certain weapon passives and more with other players with physique on. He's darn near unkillable and if you want more effectiveness I run silva and aegis prime for the extra block for true tankiness 

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK

13 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

-Negation Swarm (For procs)

-Rage/Hunter Adrenaline

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Arent those only if you're going to blind enemies? His 2 and 3 are nearly useless. And why blind them when you can just kill them for the same time?

Corrosive and viral are so rare that they are negledgable, Dots are something that you even want as inaros as it triggers grace(in most cases that heals you instead of damage you). And the other procs are... nothing. You dont need energy either, as i stated for his 1-3.

That is unless you intend to afk in corpus intersception with your 3. In that case i understand.

Edited by scourge213

10 minutes ago, scourge213 said:

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Arent those are if you're going to blind enemies? His 2 and 3 are nearly useless. And why blind them when you can just kill them for the same time?

Corrosive and viral are so rare that they are negledgable, Dots are something that you even want as inaros as it triggers grace(in most cases that heals you instead of damage you). And the other procs are... nothing. You dont need energy either, as i stated for his 1-3.

I barely use his 2 or 3. I have rage just for energy to cast my 1 and 4 and negation swarm for the procs, knockdowns, going through those laser doors etc. You don't really have to run it, but I do as a personal preference, procs do heal you yes, but they could also kill you say you took a big hit and have like little to no hp and grace hasnt proc'd and you get hit with a status that overwhelms your grace which is rare You can replace it with handspring if you want or another armor mod, i just got really tired of knockdowns and status procs like cold that made me slow. Playing around with different builds is fun, Im saving my umbra forma when inaros prime comes out so I can really test out more builds in regards to tanking capabilities.

I also run a furis to shoot enemies to quickly heal just in case since I don't run lifestrike on melee weapons

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK

1 minute ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Im saving my umbra forma when inaros prime comes

I guessed so. But then i wouldnt mark those 2 mods as "must have", just nice to have.

As for the umbra - I'd spend it now if i were you. Inaros prime wont see light for a minimum of 1 year from now, and we'll get more umbra forma by then(minimum 2 if it goes like now).

1 minute ago, scourge213 said:

I guessed so. But then i wouldnt mark those 2 mods as "must have", just nice to have.

As for the umbra - I'd spend it now if i were you. Inaros prime wont see light for a minimum of 1 year from now, and we'll get more umbra forma by then(minimum 2 if it goes like now).

Yea, I fit everything in my normal builds, can't max my umbra intensify or umbra fiber yet until i use a umbra forma. Im not sure how many umbra we will get until the time he comes out, just saving in case they stagger them or not. Those mods are nice to have and indeed are not needed. Looking forward to see what other future defensive mods we will get. I don't like the fact negation/scarab swarm gets canceled out by nullifiers my only gripe, but an ability is an ability, and nullies dont like them.

9 hours ago, scourge213 said:

It always depends. Armor vs health is about the balance, in his case armor is better.

however we can't just directly apply math because he said 500+ Armor. exactly how much? we don't even know yet.

and are we facing Enemies that can partially bypass Armor?
does he already have Adaptation on or not?
what are the exact Armor Percentages we're considering adding?
the list kinda goes on and on.

thank you for all the info above

As i said mine has now around 9600 hp and 765 armor with arcane grace and guardian and R10 adaptation

i was only wondering if i should increase my hp on the expense of armor or not

I don't care about inaros power but only his survival at end game with enemies level 150+

my weapons can kill 99% of enemies with 1 shot, i just want inaros to be immortal (so far he is for me, he never dies)

Personally, I go for a build consisting of Physique, Adaptation, Gladiator Aegis, Negation Swarm, Rage, Gladiator Resolve, then all the umbral mods. 

This build allows only the use of a bunch of forma and only sacrifices the Exilus mod slot, for now at least, until he becomes prime and can justify putting and Umbral forma on him. This build makes him quite unkillable (even with my only rank 1 Grace) while also allowing you tools to at least use his abilities if you want to. 

With Guardian on the build, you dont really need more armor, the amount of damage reduction will pretty much cap at the point you have as soon as it triggers, as youll need exponentially more to get more damage reduction (like if I add Armored agility to the build above, I gain 1% damage reduction, and that's not factoring in Guardian, so its like, is that really worth it?) I could see forcing in a Vigor for the extra health, but I also would rather just have the proc immunity, you get a bunch of bonus's from his 4 as is so having that extra padding of 1k health for 8 mod points seems a bit excessive to me. 

BUT considering which of the two to go with, the second option, id think. you'd hit the exponential cap point of armor at around 600, so having a bit more that that will be quite alright. Hope this was helpful!

On 2019-08-14 at 8:41 PM, (XB1)Oussii said:

Which stats are better for inaros:

9.7k HP with 500+ armor or 9100hp and 765 armor?

Both with arcane guardian and grace?

Thanks

first off 2 rank 3 graces will make inaros quite hard to kill
next up the higher your armor the better his scarab armor will be so you can do with the 9k health

if you can get a magus repair for your operator it can help restore health when you need a emergency heal an its too risky to devour an run away

5 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

first off 2 rank 3 graces will make inaros quite hard to kill
next up the higher your armor the better his scarab armor will be so you can do with the 9k health

if you can get a magus repair for your operator it can help restore health when you need a emergency heal an its too risky to devour an run away

i can restore health easily with vazarin