Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disruption's Problem

ShockBurst

The concept of disruption is fun, but the clan competition event (for the highest scores) showed everyone that it's inaros + a slide crit melee or nothing if you want to go far or test yourself in the new fast enemy scaling mission.

Inaros became the best option because the nullifying effects of the demolysts and nullifying conduits do not affect him in any way. Whereas other frames all need their abilities to survive a beating. 

Slide crit melees became the only option (for going far) because of how raw damage works best against the demolysts.

The demolysts should be made more vulnerable to status effects and have their nullifying effects removed or have a much lower range. They should also be vulnerable to more Warframe abilities. At the moment it does not feel worth it to play disruption if you know you won't go far because the one shotting demolysts only favor inaros with a good raw damage melee.

Having them so invincible to variety destroys the uniqueness of different frames' and weapons' builds and strategies.

Edited by ShockBurst
Making intro more accurate

Survive a beating?  Pull out Mesa and the Demolyst will be dead before it could ever even consider beating you.   The only ones it isn't super reliable on is the MOAs because for some reason Mesa's regulators won't target it when it's going full Yoda over the map.  Otherwise I did the entire event solo, like even the high score run. 

I think the REAL problem with Disruption is that it's an unrewarding "Chinese knockoff" variant of Excavation and nothing more.  

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Survive a beating?  Pull out Mesa and the Demolyst will be dead before it could ever even consider beating you.   The only ones it isn't super reliable on is the MOAs because for some reason Mesa's regulators won't target it when it's going full apeS#&$ over the map.  Otherwise I did the entire event solo, like even the high score run. 

When I say event I mean when clans were competing for the #1 spot. Not simply completing the mission. I mean going extremely far.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Strange... I lead most missions in that event with my Mesa... Saw many as such. Maybe I'm an oddity.

Again, I'm talking about the clan event where people were going for the highest possible scores. I'm not talking about simply completing the minimum score for the event. I'll specify which event I mean.

2 hours ago, ShockBurst said:

Again, I'm talking about the clan event where people were going for the highest possible scores. I'm not talking about simply completing the minimum score for the event. I'll specify which event I mean.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

in that event

What makes you think you were the only one going beyond 4k points tho? Besides it's not like the event itself and what you described are representative of the game mode itself. You don't actually need any meta just to play disruption as a normal game mode.

And I do like it, despite the lack of motivation to play it.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

I, with a squad, was able to go up to 16,000 in one run with Umbra and survive pretty well, serving as one of the highest single DPS's IIRC. One of my favourite memories, and a statue well earned, IMO. But Inaros is far from mandatory.

5 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I, with a squad, was able to go up to 16,000 in one run with Umbra and survive pretty well, serving as one of the highest single DPS's IIRC. One of my favourite memories, and a statue well earned, IMO. But Inaros is far from mandatory.

I was able to reach 23k with revenant. I'm not talking about semi casual runs. I'm talking about actual long endurance runs for when you want to test yourself as far as you can go. However, after a while the demolysts become impractical with many frames and weapons because of their mechanics

On 2019-08-17 at 11:18 AM, ShockBurst said:

The concept of disruption is fun, but the clan competition event (for the highest scores) showed everyone that it's inaros + a slide crit melee or nothing if you want to go far or test yourself in the new fast enemy scaling mission.

Inaros became the best option because the nullifying effects of the demolysts and nullifying conduits do not affect him in any way. Whereas other frames all need their abilities to survive a beating. 

Slide crit melees became the only option (for going far) because of how raw damage works best against the demolysts.

The demolysts should be made more vulnerable to status effects and have their nullifying effects removed or have a much lower range. They should also be vulnerable to more Warframe abilities. At the moment it does not feel worth it to play disruption if you know you won't go far because the one shotting demolysts only favor inaros with a good raw damage melee.

Having them so invincible to variety destroys the uniqueness of different frames' and weapons' builds and strategies.

If you did not get above 40k score with Inaros... Something is wrong. (Or maybe thats not as efficient).

If you are a really really good player you would know oberon + magus lockdown team was the most effective method.

Looking for rewards for Disruption? 

From a true Veteran player of 6 years + teaches MR15+ how to build in warframe (clan).

Edited by Midas

On 2019-08-17 at 10:18 AM, ShockBurst said:

Khora or Zephyr, status hikou, condition overload Redeemer prime. 

Disruption has a problem of sometimes the demolysts spawn right on top of you and it is really hard to do a pub without voice.