Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You guys ever have crazy missions like this?

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

Question

I had the coolest mission the other day.  I dont really remember the details.   I was helping someone do something...  But the mission we were on went hella sideways.   First we got hit with Arlo lackies.  As soon as we wiped them out then Stalker showed up.   And then after we kicked his butt the mission we were on mutated and Lotus changed it from one mission type to another (like capture to exterminate or something).   And then we still had to do the normal mission lol.   

But i've never been in one that crazy where 3-4 different things happens in one run lol.  It was AWESOME!!  

7 answers to this question

I was running an exterminate mission when Arlo's goons showed up (twice I think? Might have been another mission), followed by the Grustrag, leading to a moment where I drew them into a corridor where there was a pair of allied Techs and I had my Cyanex. Cue a storm of Plasma bolts slamming into the wall of Grineer pouring in.

Good times.

Had a similar situation where I was doing a Kuva Siphon mission when the Shadow Stalker started showing signs he was coming after me, just as he spawned Arlo's Zealots came and started bombarding the squad with their weapons, and we still had to keep an eye out for Kuva headed toward the Siphon, eventually we took care of both Stalker and the two Zealots and Stalker generously dropped a Despair blueprint, which was the last item I needed from his drop table. It was fun.

Hehe yeah it's cool when things go sideways. The other day I jumped in an infested axi mission with unranked gear and frame when a juggernaut alert went up, so feeling lazy I backed into one of those tiny locker room corridors and slipped into void mode to wait it out, except they all followed me in there. Me and a dozen infested packed in like sardines in a tin while I'm praying they lose their glow, when my void energy ran out and two zealots spawned in with us. Oh crap, caught in a trap of my own making. So nothing to do but start swinging and with them so close and so many I can't see jack on my screen for all the fireworks and no idea if I'll survive it. Then when I did scrape my way out with little health left the juggernaut charged and finished me off lol. Was definitely a fun highlight of that day.

Worst one was solo Kuva flood mobile defense. Get to the first console where siphon is also. Lvl 80 Stalker spawned, started the siphon anyway. Lvl 80 Wolf of Saturn Six spawns, started the defense console anyway.  Killed Stalker and he drops smoking ephemera. Doing the kuva braids of course while all this happens. Kill Wolf and his lackies and with 5 seconds left on the console hack a Kuva guardian 1 shots the console.... mission failed, bye bye Smoking ephemera. 😞

Really fun despite the loss though. We named it "A series of unfortunate events", followed by much swearing on discord from me lol.

Edited by Zilchy

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I was running an exterminate mission when Arlo's goons showed up (twice I think? Might have been another mission), followed by the Grustrag, leading to a moment where I drew them into a corridor where there was a pair of allied Techs and I had my Cyanex. Cue a storm of Plasma bolts slamming into the wall of Grineer pouring in.

Good times.

I had a full tile of enemies fight each other, because of my Cyanex, and my Oberon P standing in the middle of the mayhem getting his energy filled. Good times.

But can you top :

Crossfire corpus vs infested kuva flood where one of the syndicate with the corrupted eximus spawns while an ambulas drops in followed by the the zealots while the crombus units keep cancelling your abilities? Wouldn't even have noticed if stalker appeared. 

Such chaos, didn't even need Nyx

and it was very toe curlingly tense as I had just gotten the double resource charm before finding the siphon (just FYI having 120 seconds on the buff when you just discover the siphon is enough to finish it barely) 

Probably one of the most fun missions I ran.