Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone actually tell their lures to stop following intentionally?

(PSN)Black-Cat-Jinx

Seriously, can we maybe get a "hold to activate" feature for this? I'm tired of turning them off every time I reload. I guess its possible it's a bind issue but I don't think it is. 

I would RATHER you add a feature where lures kinda lift up into the air like balloons when they tether to the eidolons which would also prevent them from being an obstruction when you're shooting, but seriously I am getting so sick and tired of accidentally turning off my lures resulting in an eidolon kill instead of capture...

I actually do.

First thing I disabled reload on context action, cause it pissed me off so much when you start reloading instead of opening locker... So my reload button is entirely different from the one to stop lures. Don't know how that is on consoles, since I'm a pc player, but something like that can probably be arranged.

Second, I do tell them to stop when I go hunting while not being trinity. So the guy who actually plays her can gather lures and do his job.

• Like 2

Hold Position is useful for Lures, yes. that being said being a Hold rather than Tap wouldn't hurt that functionality even in elite Organized Squads, so i have no real qualms here.

provided, that the Bug of Lures needing to be interacted with 3 times in order to set to Follow is fixed (usually if the owner of the Lures leaves, maybe if they die, maybe also some other edge cases). since having to Hold activate 3 times in a row would be pretty awful especially for more than one Lure.

2 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

though somehow being able to attach them to Eidolons themselves would be pretty nice too.

*Duct Tape sounds*

"look, i made a Giraffe!"

Edited by taiiat

10 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Does anyone actually tell their lures to stop following intentionally?

Yes. We do. 

10 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

Second, I do tell them to stop when I go hunting while not being trinity. So the guy who actually plays her can gather lures and do his job.

10 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

It's an important feature if you intend to trade them off to teammates, though somehow being able to attach them to Eidolons themselves would be pretty nice too.

It's not so useful when hunting Terry, but his big brothers kind of make it really important to have someone herding the lures and keeping them safe. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Seriously, can we maybe get a "hold to activate" feature for this? I'm tired of turning them off every time I reload.

This! 👏👏👏

I get that some users might want to hand lures to another player ("here Trinity, you look after this idiot thing that keeps blocking Chroma's aim and sitting in front of Volt's shield") but that really REALLY shouldn't a) be the same button as reload, b) have priority over reload when a lure is nearby and c) only have a small background noise to let you know it happened in the kaleidescopic cacophony that is eidolon fights.

Or, they could just fix lure AI so that they stay out of your aiming reticle and close to the eidolon, then nobody would care.

Edited by (XB1)KayAitch