Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XBOX)HeyGiant

1.) We need the ability to equip mods we can't yet use, and have them greyed out or red until we can use them. Each time we forma, we have to remember what we had equipped and it gets annoying after the first few times.

2.) Abilities like Saryn's Spores that cast need while aiming at a target need to be adjusted so that when you long press, it applies the skill to the nearest enemy. This can get very frustrating for controller users that don't have the precision of a mouse.

3.) We need a camera distance slider. We've needed it for a long time. Implement this.

I like the idea of railjack, but we need more to do with what DE keeps giving us. Every month we get a new weapon, Warframe, or cosmetic, while having nothing to do once we obtain it. I think what would breathe life back into Warframe would be to become what No Man's Sky was supposed to be. Procedurally generated planets to explore with hidden goodies and rare spawns. The game should work to make instanced content seamless by masking loading screens like they do with our orbiters entering the atmosphere. The company should be transparent only in a financial aspect. Revealing content only makes players bored of it before it releases. We have so much to do things WITH, but nowhere to use them. Make it more interactive, let us pilot our orbiters around free space and feel more immersed. There are too many menus and certain menus are missed opportunities to journey to your destination while taking in the visuals and enjoying the climb to endgame; not rushing to it and realizing there's nothing to do.

Thank you.

1.) We need the ability to equip mods we can't yet use, and have them greyed out or red until we can use them. Each time we forma, we have to remember what we had equipped and it gets annoying after the first few times.

2.) Abilities like Saryn's Spores that cast need while aiming at a target need to be adjusted so that when you long press, it applies the skill to the nearest enemy. This can get very frustrating for controller users that don't have the precision of a mouse.

3.) We need a camera distance slider. We've needed it for a long time. Implement this.

I like the idea of railjack, but we need more to do with what DE keeps giving us. Every month we get a new weapon, Warframe, or cosmetic, while having nothing to do once we obtain it. I think what would breathe life back into Warframe would be to become what No Man's Sky was supposed to be. Procedurally generated planets to explore with hidden goodies and rare spawns. The game should work to make instanced content seamless by masking loading screens like they do with our orbiters entering the atmosphere. The company should be transparent only in a financial aspect. Revealing content only makes players bored of it before it releases. We have so much to do things WITH, but nowhere to use them. Make it more interactive, let us pilot our orbiters around free space and feel more immersed. There are too many menus and certain menus are missed opportunities to journey to your destination while taking in the visuals and enjoying the climb to endgame; not rushing to it and realizing there's nothing to do.

Thank you.

2.) Abilities like Saryn's Spores that cast while aiming at a target need to be adjusted so that when you long press, it applies the skill to the nearest enemy. This can get very frustrating for controller users that don't have the precision of a mouse. Quick press should still be targeted so you have the option to cast the spell on a specific target or the nearest target.

Thank you.

Edited by (XB1)HeyGiant
Grammar

4 minutes ago, (XB1)HeyGiant said:

The first response is always someone freaking out about the post not being in the right subforum

Gotta love it

Hey I wouldn't be here if this post was in the right place to start.

But you do you, just don't be surprised if your thread gets ignored or locked.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)HeyGiant said:

This can get very frustrating for controller users that don't have the precision of a mouse

... And yet anyone with a gamepad has target tracking and relative auto-aim... wouldn't complain about precision if I were you... ;V

27 minutes ago, (XB1)HeyGiant said:

Don't need that.
Builds in Warframe are pretty straight forward. And ranking up an item from 0 to 30 takes about 20 minutes if done solo. Not that hard to remember things for this timeframe...

28 minutes ago, (XB1)HeyGiant said:

2.) Abilities like Saryn's Spores that cast while aiming at a target need to be adjusted so that when you long press, it applies the skill to the nearest enemy. This can get very frustrating for controller users that don't have the precision of a mouse.

This would remove the whole "aim at an enemy" aspect... 

29 minutes ago, (XB1)HeyGiant said:

Debatable if this is needed. You want it. But as we don't have it, and as you are doing just fine, you clearly don't need it.

48 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Don't need that.
Builds in Warframe are pretty straight forward. And ranking up an item from 0 to 30 takes about 20 minutes if done solo. Not that hard to remember things for this timeframe...

This would remove the whole "aim at an enemy" aspect... 

Debatable if this is needed. You want it. But as we don't have it, and as you are doing just fine, you clearly don't need it.

Is this why people say the community is toxic?

I get that you've been here a while, but you brought nothing helpful or relevant to this discussion, just a bunch of awkward barking from your high horse. The condescending attitude really helps your clout here.

Thanks a bunch, captain;

I'll remember next time that my ideas are stupid and that I should find something else to play

Edited by (XB1)HeyGiant
Grammar

Desperate for someone to bark at? So you want to give your opinion, which you did, but won't take other's opinions? It Doesn't work like that.

I agree with your position on the forma subject, It can be a real pain in the ass, as I have to constantly take screenshots before I forma something, when it could just de-activate the mods that were gonna be removed.

As for Saryn changes, I've always wondered how controler players could play a fps game, how would they aim, until I've found out they had auto-aim/aim assist, maybe DE could improve aim assist for controller users for specific abilities? Because making Saryn throw spores at the closest enemy without having to aim is just being lazy....

As for the camera, sure, why not.

Edited by ZarTham
  • Like 2

Sorry, I had to quote this...

17 minutes ago, (XB1)HeyGiant said:

I'll remember next time that my ideas are stupid and that I should find something else to play

... Your words, not his.

9 minutes ago, ZarTham said:

Desperate for someone to bark at? So you want to give your opinion, which you did, but won't take other's opinions? It Doesn't work like that.

^ this ^

You cannot give and expect to get nothing back... Now, if others agree with you or not, will depend from person to person... All you have to do is to take the criticism, in your perspective, good or bad.

If you aren't receptive to criticism, well... You know what to do next.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZarTham said:

I agree with your position on the forma subject, It can be a real pain in the ass, as I have to constantly take screenshots before I forma something, when it could just de-activate the mods that were gonna be removed.

As for Saryn changes, I've always wondered how controler players could play a fps game, how would they aim, until I've found out they had auto-aim/aim assist, maybe DE could improve aim assist for controller users for specific abilities? Because making Saryn throw spores at the closest enemy without having to aim is just being lazy....

As for the camera, sure, why not.

It felt like it; with all the "..."

I can handle his opinion, but everything he said was just a "this is dumb because," and would have been the same thing regardless of what my post was about because that's all the rage right now. Just like with your need to scald me for what I said about him barking. It's an impulse at this point.

And you should expect people to act dumb, specially on forums where we are behind a monitor, it's easy for us to talk sh*t xD

On the subject of making the game more interactive, with us being able to navigate throughout the system, this sounds cool, but the required resources for this...... DE's latest additions to the game make me think they do not have the required power to support this. Pumping out warframes/weapons because players will buy them with plat, not touching rivens because it's a whole market on its own and brings DE money, having to cut back on certain things to be able to implement others (getting rid of raids, limit friends list).... It would be cool, but I don't think they could do it in the next 2~3 years. I really dunno, just my thoughts.

17 minutes ago, ZarTham said:

And you should expect people to act dumb, specially on forums where we are behind a monitor, it's easy for us to talk sh*t xD

On the subject of making the game more interactive, with us being able to navigate throughout the system, this sounds cool, but the required resources for this...... DE's latest additions to the game make me think they do not have the required power to support this. Pumping out warframes/weapons because players will buy them with plat, not touching rivens because it's a whole market on its own and brings DE money, having to cut back on certain things to be able to implement others (getting rid of raids, limit friends list).... It would be cool, but I don't think they could do it in the next 2~3 years. I really dunno, just my thoughts.

I feel like there are better ways to word criticism than trying to make the person look dumb for having the idea

Like who can't remember their mod config after 20mins, right? We shouldn't have to, and most improvements to the UI are done out of convenience for the player. Putting "..." after a counterpoint implies that the reason should be obvious as to why we don't need this, and the person suggesting it is retorted.

This community isn't toxic, it's corrosive

Edited by (XB1)HeyGiant
Grammar
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Sorry, I had to quote this...

... Your words, not his.

^ this ^

You cannot give and expect to get nothing back... Now, if others agree with you or not, will depend from person to person... All you have to do is to take the criticism, in your perspective, good or bad.

You're proving my point, you only jumped into this discussion to say something witty and put me down

Edited by (XB1)HeyGiant
Grammar

I love it when people have problems with my "..." since I do that to emphasize my act of thinking about something specific...

... You said that...

36 minutes ago, (XB1)HeyGiant said:

you only jumped into this discussion to say something witty and put me down

There is nothing in my replies, on your topic, that are intended to do either.

This was specified by DE, so see this as a fact - Gamepad users, PC or Consoles, have a restricted auto-aim and target tracking systems to assist on aiming as much as possible due to the lack of precision of said controlling methods. The only thing I did with my first post was to ironically point a specific fact to you... Apparently, you failed to understand it...

The 2nd post, and the quote of one of your posts, was to point out that you're misinterpreting everything that WhiteMarker posted. If it was VoIP, I would've let it slide, but its text... There is no way to misinterpret text unless you're distorting it yourself, on purpose, to fit whatever else crossed your mind at the time. Pointing it out, also, that criticism has 2 sides to it. A constructive side, and a destructive side. No one here pointed out any destructive criticism to your "suggestions".

Your post replies to anyone else, except the ones that agreed with your suggestions, only served to prove that if people don't agree with you then they do not deserve to reply. This is not how it works, especially online.

The moment that you decided to post a feedback topic with suggestions is the same moment that you became open to criticism, either constructive or destructive... How you take that criticism is up to you, but no one here is either being witty or putting you down...

Oh, before I forget... 2 things:

1)

1 hour ago, (XB1)HeyGiant said:

This community isn't toxic, it's corrosive

I do use Corrosive on my weapons systematically, and Corrosive Projection on my Warframe. That might tell you how Corrosive I am...

2)

Like who can't remember their mod config after 20mins, right? We shouldn't have to, and most improvements to the UI are done out of convenience for the player.

Many poeple remember their mod config after 20mins.

What kind of people would require greyed out mods after using a forma, again? No, seriously, I would like to know to see if you reached the same conclusion I've reached before.

I feel like there are better ways to word criticism than trying to make the person look dumb for having the idea

There are better ways to word criticism, but there are even better ways to understand criticism than what you did.

3) Again, I can't stress it enough so I have to quote myself...

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

No one here is being witty or putting you down. You simply opened yourself to criticism the same moment you made the feedback topic, with free participation... And the more you derail it with personal attacks, the more open you are for criticism... But at that point, its on multiple fronts.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I love it when people have problems with my "..." since I do that to emphasize my act of thinking about something specific...

... You said that...

There is nothing in my replies, on your topic, that are intended to do either.

This was specified by DE, so see this as a fact - Gamepad users, PC or Consoles, have a restricted auto-aim and target tracking systems to assist on aiming as much as possible due to the lack of precision of said controlling methods. The only thing I did with my first post was to ironically point a specific fact to you... Apparently, you failed to understand it...

The 2nd post, and the quote of one of your posts, was to point out that you're misinterpreting everything that WhiteMarker posted. If it was VoIP, I would've let it slide, but its text... There is no way to misinterpret text unless you're distorting it yourself, on purpose, to fit whatever else crossed your mind at the time. Pointing it out, also, that criticism has 2 sides to it. A constructive side, and a destructive side. No one here pointed out any destructive criticism to your "suggestions".

Your post replies to anyone else, except the ones that agreed with your suggestions, only served to prove that if people don't agree with you then they do not deserve to reply. This is not how it works, especially online.

The moment that you decided to post a feedback topic with suggestions is the same moment that you became open to criticism, either constructive or destructive... How you take that criticism is up to you, but no one here is either being witty or putting you down...

Oh, before I forget... 2 things:

1)

I do use Corrosive on my weapons systematically, and Corrosive Projection on my Warframe. That might tell you how Corrosive I am...

2)

Many poeple remember their mod config after 20mins.

What kind of people would require greyed out mods after using a forma, again? No, seriously, I would like to know to see if you reached the same conclusion I've reached before.

There are better ways to word criticism, but there are even better ways to understand criticism than what you did.

3) Again, I can't stress it enough so I have to quote myself...

No one here is being witty or putting you down. You simply opened yourself to criticism the same moment you made the feedback topic, with free participation... And the more you derail it with personal attacks, the more open you are for criticism... But at that point, its on multiple fronts.

Oh dear lord, this is the most pretentious and awkward post I've ever read. You showed up here to troll with all this "just sayin" kinda stuff, and now you wrote a novel to look Rick and Morty smart

Read your earlier posts again, you'll see what I mean unless you're THAT used to how you act

To be fair these are considerably minor quality of life changes that probably arent gonna happen because they seem redundant/unnecessary as @WhiteMarker already said.

My take on it is that:

1) most players who forma often have ways to max the items out fast and already know what they wanna do with it

2) idk how it is on consoles, but you already have to hold the spore button to cast the augment so that wouldnt probably work, just improving the auto-aim I guess

3) thats not something we need and could be really awkward if the distance was set too high

Addressing the "toxicity" its just how it works you bring an idea and people hit you with the facts on why its a good or bad idea

I'd rather not address that and keep it on topic

The forma thing is just like every other minor quality of life improvement we've gotten, it's not required but it'll save time.

Camera distance has always been a problem on console, when wearing certain attachments and syandanas, you can't see past your Warframe. Even if it was just a couple feet away, it would help.

The targeted skill thing seems like something that'll happen eventually, just like a lot of other things in the game have become simpler or more user friendly.

The rest is a pipe dream and wouldn't be economic in the long run