Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to Excalibur and Exc Umbra frames?

Stormwind81

Question

14 answers to this question

Ehh personally to me Excal prime is my most used frame and umbra is an upgrade because of the AI run around in operator frame. Although with frames like Wisp and Gauss released I found frames I like almost as much as Excal and have been playing with them lately since I like them a lot, but with longer missions like arbs or endless I go back to Umbra for damage and survivability.  Most frames I don't enjoy as much as those three but I feel most Excal mains feel the same way and are playing around with the new frames and it will eventually even out.

Excal is still the most used frame but in content like ESO, people like to use nukers. Excal has great single-target damage but he can't really work through a crowd as efficiently as volt/saryn/equinox can. Best place to farm focus and xp so efficiency is always a priority for most people joining the mode. Excal can't help much there. I'm sure if there's content where you need to work on a miniboss/boss that's a damage sponge, excal would be people's go to. But then Ash exists. Issue is really that the game's oriented around the grind and thus encourages fast, efficient builds and that leads to some frames not being used as much. They can hold their own sure but not as great as the meta frames. Took forever to kill the wolf with excal, where as ash took a few seconds.

As far as his kit goes, he's a great all rounder. Good ehp, highly mobile, has great cc and the dps on his 4 is insane. And all of the powers work together very well. He's just not specialized for any content out there. Not yet atleast.

• Like 1

vor 59 Minuten schrieb (XB1)ShadowBlood89:

well with 40 other frames not everyone gonna be playing an excal

Well duh.
Just I didnt see a single exc in the last 3 weeks and I play daily!
And I do all sort of missions and content.

Edited by Stormwind81

4 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

Personally, i stoped playing excalibur because i want melee 3.0 to come first, so that i could experience his sword-mastery in its full glory.
Until then, he shall be collecting dust in my arsenal.

Legend has it, it's still collecting dust after DE announces Warframe's development is finished.

vor einer Stunde schrieb shadowstormr:

Excal is still the most used frame but in content like ESO, people like to use nukers. Excal has great single-target damage but he can't really work through a crowd as efficiently as volt/saryn/equinox can. Best place to farm focus and xp so efficiency is always a priority for most people joining the mode. Excal can't help much there. I'm sure if there's content where you need to work on a miniboss/boss that's a damage sponge, excal would be people's go to. But then Ash exists. Issue is really that the game's oriented around the grind and thus encourages fast, efficient builds and that leads to some frames not being used as much. They can hold their own sure but not as great as the meta frames. Took forever to kill the wolf with excal, where as ash took a few seconds.

As far as his kit goes, he's a great all rounder. Good ehp, highly mobile, has great cc and the dps on his 4 is insane. And all of the powers work together very well. He's just not specialized for any content out there. Not yet atleast.

I am not 100% sure how they calculate that ranking but imho that's only because in the beta you could play 3 frames and > 50% played him. So if they calculate all "timed played" from all players together the stats will always limp a bit because for nearly a year or even more everyone was playing him. Even I played him back then but changed as soon as I could afford a different frame and my stats still say he is my most used frame when I havent played him since 3 years from now. So yeah I don't really take this measurement serious.

3 hours ago, Stormwind81 said:

I kinda not see them anymore anywhere 😉
Havent seen one in any mission in the last 3 weeks! And I play daily!
I think they need a redo or a buff as people dont use them that often.

There are better frames than them so people don't use them

Edited by WoodedSkate89

8 hours ago, Stormwind81 said:

I kinda not see them anymore anywhere 😉
Havent seen one in any mission in the last 3 weeks! And I play daily!
I think they need a redo or a buff as people dont use them that often.

So glad I do stuff alone... Makes topics like this one happen.

Excalibur is strong but he's not great.  I notice that my mission times are always higher when I use him instead of a more specialized frame.  There's no content that I'd say "I need Excalibur for this."

Nova,  Loki,  Saryn, and Inaros are my go-tos because they trivialize certain content.   But Jack of All Trades means master of none.