Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Completely re-imagining Hayden for warframe lore?

Reaver_X

so as far as i understand it, Hayden tenno and darksector have nothing to do with Warframe and they have no plans on doing any such thing. Thats completely fine with me, though i don't think that means he can't exist in WF in any capacity.

I wonder if they'd be on board with the idea of completely re-imagining the character, changing literally everything about him except for the name Hayden and having an all new purpose for him story-wise.

Theres several ways it could go, Either he could be one of the Tenno, as an non-aging teenager just like the rest, and have a story arch involving him. Or he could NOT be one of the Tenno and have some significance to the plot in another way.

it'd be a way to sort of put him in the game without actually connecting Dark Sector to Warframe,

2 minutes ago, Melkfet said:

Or maybe they had the model and they simply applied an operator suit on him to save time and dev work.

And thus, he appeared in the trailer

DE have said that it wasn't a copy paste to save time, they created an entirely new model and just wanted a grown operator.  As they developed the model making small changes here and there, they never realised how similar it looked to Hayden until right before Tennocon and they had an 'oh crap, that's Hayden' when it was too late.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

DE have said that it wasn't a copy paste to save time, they created an entirely new model and just wanted a grown operator.  As they developed the model making small changes here and there, they never realised how similar it looked to Hayden until right before Tennocon and they had an 'oh crap, that's Hayden' when it was too late.

The number of permutations used to create a human face and not have 2 identical or similar ones, is bigger than the human population at this time

The coincidence to create a character from scratch and somehow end up him looking like another character from one of their games is...well...hard to understand.

Don't get me wrong, i am all in about savin time and dev work so they focus on other things, and i have no problem with Hayden appearance, but to state that " hey, it,s totaly coincidental that we got Hayden" is a different story.

They could have simply said "hey, to save time we worked from Hayden' base model and got this. We hope you like it. This way we can alocate more devs to empyrean and tnw. We hope you understand"

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Melkfet said:

The number of permutations used to create a human face and not have 2 identical or similar ones, is bigger than the human population at this time

The coincidence to create a character from scratch and somehow end up him looking like another character from one of their games is...well...hard to understand.

Don't get me wrong, i am all in about savin time and dev work so they focus on other things, and i have no problem with Hayden appearance, but to state that " hey, it,s totaly coincidental that we got Hayden" is a different story.

They could have simply said "hey, to save time we worked from Hayden' base model and got this. We hope you like it. This way we can alocate more devs to empyrean and tnw. We hope you understand"

I dont think they resemble in the way you think tho, since the "controversy" i've looked both models and they are clearly different imho. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

I dont think they resemble in the way you think tho, since the "controversy" i've looked both models and they are clearly different imho. 

As i said, i have nothing against reusing the model for the trailer.

If you compare the 2 models, you can see that they used the Hayden model. They built upon that. I did not say it was the same model.

I would have no problem with Hayden getting a direct mention or even a story plot.

The problem was with the fact that they said it was accidental.

12 minutes ago, Melkfet said:

As i said, i have nothing against reusing the model for the trailer.

If you compare the 2 models, you can see that they used the Hayden model. They built upon that. I did not say it was the same model.

I would have no problem with Hayden getting a direct mention or even a story plot.

The problem was with the fact that they said it was accidental.

But I dont see it, would you mind to point out how/why is the same model? Im viewing the two models and they are different, the young operator resembles much more to the older, that was the same hayden tenno model too?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reaver_X said:

I wonder if they'd be on board with the idea of completely re-imagining the character, changing literally everything about him except for the name Hayden and having an all new purpose for him story-wise.

But why? What's the point? Do you like his name that much?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Are you legally blind?

398833-dark_sector_art_04.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

The chin and nose are different.  Everything else can be put down to the models being done by the same people and the human propensity to find patterns. 

Also on closer inspection the cheeks are different as well. 

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

That adult operator is not looking like Hayden at all imo.

Révélation

If anything Hayden could be the "base" human used to make the first Excal, like that Dax is used to make Umbra... It's the most logical thing since Hayden's name is on Excal's shoulder and the proto skin is basically Hayden fully armored

I turned Hayden into Nidus Deluxe skin. Seems legit that the Orokin found him after he evolved to that level of Excal. Would explain the reason his name is all over the place as he showed them how to make the Warframes with shields. He was the source and Excal was the first one they made based off his old form.

I turned Nemesis into Phorid as it explains the Nyx parts & skin as well as being a mini boss in both games. Big purple interrupting baddies that pop up to get in the way of getting your going forward in the game.

But that is just my view of things 😉