Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not Cetus Wisp drop on Thumpers?

FerockQuartz

4 minutes ago, FerockQuartz said:

Sure its not a bother only focus hunting for it in the plains but having rare fishing & mining resources on thumpers already, why cetus wisp still discluded on thumper's drop table?

Because it would making obtaining them way too easy, considering how rare they are and that most recipes dont require more than 10 of them.

45 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Because it would making obtaining them way too easy, considering how rare they are and that most recipes dont require more than 10 of them.

Same can be said on Nyth & Sentirum... they're somewhat rare to farm and have made it on Thumper's droplist... Most recipes dont require more than 10 of them so what gives?

1 minute ago, FerockQuartz said:

Same can be said on Nyth & Sentirum... they're somewhat rare to farm and have made it on Thumper's droplist... Most recipes dont require more than 10 of them so what gives?

The number of spawn points for Gem nodes is far bigger than those for Cetus Wisp, also with the new mining system its far easier to obtain those rare gems, even more if you have Boosters, i have managed to grab 6 Rare gems from a single Node.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

They are not rare or hard to get. You can get easily get a hundred in a single night if you know what you're doing. 

Fastest wisp farm:

1. leave cetus

2. Walk/run/jump/fly about 300m to your left until you get to geyser

3. Check the big rock just to the right of the land bridge that cuts through the pond along the bank of the pond

4. Check the bank of the pond just left of the cave entrance on the other side

5. Follow the bank of the pond to the corner that is furthest from the gate and closest to the world barrier

6. Return to cetus

7. Repeat steps 1-6

With this you'll typically get at least 1 wisp per run and will average at least two per run. With a resource booster and smeta kavat you can get up to 12 per run. A full run takes about 1 minute including load times with any decently fast frame aka Volt, Gauss, Nasha, Zephyr, Titania, potentially Valkyr. Would not recommend using archwing.

Edited by TheKazz91

5 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

The number of spawn points for Gem nodes is far bigger than those for Cetus Wisp, also with the new mining system its far easier to obtain those rare gems, even more if you have Boosters, i have managed to grab 6 Rare gems from a single Node.

Points taken but on Thumper's Rare Gem drops are far more better; wouldn't be atleast 1% (in respect of rarity) drop rate/chance for cetus wisp on thumpers? Ostron Standing got away on Kuakas & Condrocs w/o using lures... so wouldn't it be such a bothersome deal? 

1 minute ago, TheKazz91 said:

They are not rare or hard to get. You can get easily get a hundred in a single night if you know what you're doing. 

Fastest wisp farm:

1. leave cetus

2. Walk/run/jump/fly about 300m to your left until you get to giyser

3. Check the big rock just to the right of the land bridge that cuts through the pond along the bank of the pond

4. Check the bank of the pond just left of the cave entrance on the other side

5. Follow the bank of the pond to the corner that is furthest from the gate and closest to the world barrier

6. Return to cetus

7. Repeat steps 1-6

With this you'll typically get at least 1 wisp per run and will average at least two per run. With a resource booster and smeta kavat you can get up to 12 per run. A full run takes about 1 minute including load times with any decently fast frame aka Volt, Gauss, Nasha, Zephyr, Titania, potentially Valkyr. Would not recommend using archwing.

I know you can repeatedly leave and enter the plains again to obtain more, when i say RARE its considering how many possibly spawn each time you enter the plains as they have very few spawning points compared to other resources in the plains such as gems, plants and animals.

Right but unlike many of those they have fixed spawn points and from the wisp farming I've done it seems like each spawn point has about a 50/50 chance of spawning a wisp every time you enter the plains. Also if you can potentially get 12 in one minute and 6 per minute with a resource booster is fairly likely and very reliable that is much faster than you can get rare gems 99% of the time yes you might get a streak of good luck and get that many in one minute of mining but that is anything but a consistent experience. The method I detailed above has limited RNG and about 1 in every 5 or 6 runs all three wisps will spawn around geyser and like I said you'll average at least two spawns per run. By comparison you can mine 20+ gem nodes and not get any rare gems and that's fairly likely. Overall I have a much harder time getting gems than I do wisps by a large margin.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Wisps are mini Eidolon Fragments.

Thumper is a Grineer mobile defense platform that looks like it would have some sort of industrial use.

I don't see the connection? Should the Thumper also drop Eidolon cores?

Don't see the connection of it having minerals and fish parts either ... 

1 minute ago, FerockQuartz said:

The thumpers bash the ground which would breakup rocks and such. Maybe it does this in order to collect minerals. If it does so near water, fish might be sucked up in whatever collection it does.

I mean a big machine that just hops around hoping to crush enemies it fails to shoot isn't the most practical thing. I imagine it's main purpose would have been mining and seismic surveying for things.

5 minutes ago, FerockQuartz said:

Could argue it's storage, could argue it's made from the minerals (not unlikely) and fish parts, could be it's industrial usage. Fish oil could be a lubricant, fish parts could be mulched to create the oil. Who knows.

They're a lot more understandable than it having mini Eidolon fragments in it. If additional Wisp drops were to go anywhere, they should go with the Eidolon fights at night imo.

Edited by DeMonkey

2 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

The thumpers bash the ground which would breakup rocks and such. Maybe it does this in order to collect minerals. If it does so near water, fish might be sucked up in whatever collection it does.

I mean a big machine that just hops around hoping to crush enemies it fails to shoot isn't the most practical thing. I imagine it's main purpose would have been mining and seismic surveying for things.

Nice breakdown since wisps are known to be elusive in Tenno's part... thanks!

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Could argue it's storage, could argue it's made from the minerals (not unlikely) and fish parts. Fish oil could be a lubricant, fish parts could be mulched to create the oil. Who knows

You're damn good at this...

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

They're a lot more understandable than it having mini Eidolon fragments in it. If additional Wisp drops were to go anywhere, they should go with the Eidolon fights at night imo.

No harm done if I call them Eidolon fleas? 👹

21 hours ago, FerockQuartz said:

Sure its not a bother only focus hunting for it in the plains but having rare fishing & mining resources on thumpers already, why cetus wisp still discluded on thumper's drop table?

DE functions under an assumption that the longer it takes for you to do something, the more money you'll throw at them.