Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Believe it's time for warframe to officially come out on mac

--Soup--

It has been well over seven years since the game has first launched and Ive enjoyed most of it you know there is somethings that I wish it can improve on but say la vi However there is this one problem that I always get with warframe and that one problem is. It's released everywhere except for mac's like common people you want the moneys don't you ? you want people to play your game right How do we have this game for Nintendo Switch but not for mac ? Like seriously WTF ? I really want the game to be out for mac not only because well its a freaking awsome game but some of my friends are either stuck with macs and want to play or don't have enough money to afford a desktop to actually run the game. so yeah TL;DR Warframe please for the love of all mighty and right in this world release the game on macbook. 

Sincerely,

One and only soups

7 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I think a big reason why it’s not on the Mac as of yet is because it wouldn’t be able to handle it as a PC could.

As to why it’s on the Nintendo Switch, that’s mainly due to fact that the Switch is able to run heavy type games such as Doom and even Warframe.

That is not a reason It's mostly because they optimized it for the switch version plus panic button is insanely good at coding.

6 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

Does someone have a link to that video of Steve telling someone that they can't play Warframe on their overpriced aluminium?

As said before if it ran on switch they can optimize it for mac there is no reason as to why they cannot do it literally been seven years 

5 hours ago, FerockQuartz said:

You think magic has something to do with it? It takes time and a lot of considerations to make it happen, not to mention the endless issues foreseen and ongoing in-game towards community... 

No I Don't believe it's magic however I believe they can take some of their time to work on a mac version. Plus don't white knight the game when you know we have not seen content for the longest time I understand they do bug fixes but dude common now 

18 minutes ago, --Soup-- said:

No I Don't believe it's magic however I believe they can take some of their time to work on a mac version. Plus don't white knight the game when you know we have not seen content for the longest time I understand they do bug fixes but dude common now 

Like I said

6 hours ago, FerockQuartz said:

It takes time and a lot of considerations to make it happen

If it was so easy for them from the beginning, they would have done it on all OS in the planet... they're development on prompt & debugging is on a Microsoft environment OS so it will take a 'long time' not just 'some of their time' to consider along w/ the undergoes unless you'd share something about of how they could grant your wish in a jiffy or if you're that 'loaded' to be prioritized then contact them directly, not through here.

7 hours ago, --Soup-- said:

It's released everywhere except for mac's like common people you want the moneys don't you ? you want people to play your game right How do we have this game for Nintendo Switch but not for mac ? Like seriously WTF ?

You're that pissed to speak that way as if talking to an alley animal? Dude you've just thrown away you're only chance getting catered w/ WF on MAC by that disrespect...

I don't need to white knight DE or the game for I myself in fact affected with those flaws while playing. And hey... you just happen to ignore how smart you are and to break it down, you're also human. So STFUB!

9 hours ago, --Soup-- said:

As said before if it ran on switch they can optimize it for mac there is no reason as to why they cannot do it literally been seven years 

Surely they could if they wanted to but the small audience they would potentially gain just isn't worth the effort.

17 hours ago, --Soup-- said:

It's released everywhere except for mac's

Not on Linux either.

17 hours ago, --Soup-- said:

like common people you want the moneys don't you

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure the 2 mac players will not return the investment necessary for a mac port.

• Like 1

The market share isn't there for DE to get the game ported over to Mac or Linux, and they would most likely have to pay a company to do it for them, much like they did for the Switch (but that one paid for itself).

Only way I could see it happening is via the "Warframe for Mobile" they have talked about every now and then. If they can get the game working for mobile devices, they would then have versions built for both iOS and Android, from there, it should be an easier process to get them to their desktop equivalents... but.... this isn't a for sure thing and a mobile version of Warframe is more of a "pipe dream" than anything else. Even if they can get it on iOS and Android doesn't automatically mean there will be Mac or Linux versions either.

• Like 1