Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven challenge

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

Question

-Kill 17 enemies while stuck to a wall without raising an alarm.

This is frustrating the hell out of me.  I cant go into survival or defense.   Mobile Defense will only count some of the time.  

I was told to use Captures but there isnt even 17 enemies between me and the target all the times I tried.....

My problem is I have no idea how to gather 17 enemies up to even attempt this challenge.  Infested maps dont really have places to wall latch onto unless your only like 1 inch off the ground lol.  

12 answers to this question

I use Octavia.. go into a survival mission, wait a few minutes to let enemies build up.. then throw down your mallet and discoball and cling to the wall.. the mallet will kill enemies on its own while you focus on staying on the wall.. also throwing down mallet and the disco ball is a one handed action.. so if it runs out, you can throw it down again while wall latched..

29 minutes ago, Arkennstar said:

I use Octavia.. go into a survival mission, wait a few minutes to let enemies build up.. then throw down your mallet and discoball and cling to the wall.. the mallet will kill enemies on its own while you focus on staying on the wall.. also throwing down mallet and the disco ball is a one handed action.. so if it runs out, you can throw it down again while wall latched..

survival starts by setting off an alarm lol.  

But you guys have given me some idea's.  Also I was thinking of no alarms, as dont be seen, go invis...  but your right i dont need to be invis,  just kill stuff....

I need to figure out mobile defense.  playing with the consoles doesnt make the challenge fail,  but I can cling to a wall and kill stuff and they dont count some of the time... Im definately trying Ember but mine only has a rangeof 15 meters.. Octavia sounds like a better shot cuz he ball moves around.

I did this recently, 

42 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

This is frustrating the hell out of me.  I cant go into survival or defense.   Mobile Defense will only count some of the time.  

I was told to use Captures but there isnt even 17 enemies between me and the target all the times I tried.....

My problem is I have no idea how to gather 17 enemies up to even attempt this challenge.  Infested maps dont really have places to wall latch onto unless your only like 1 inch off the ground lol.  

Choose Loki with wall latch mod, and invis build (duration).  On Earth, exterminate mission possibly, run to the end of the map where is extraction is.  Dont kill anyone, STAY INVISIBLE, dont let any enemy see you.  You have to run around a bit, check all the map areas for enemies, but eventually all the enemies crowd around the extraction area (like 30 of them).  Then wall  latch while invisible and kill as many enemies as you can when and where you have them grouped.  Im pretty sure I did an exterminate mission, its one of the missions that dont have the alarm fails.  But it works really well and when you do it its quite easy.  Good luck!

9 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I need to figure out mobile defense.  playing with the consoles doesnt make the challenge fail,  but I can cling to a wall and kill stuff and they dont count some of the time...

After a while, it starts counting again.

I did in a mobile defense in Mercury with Infested, but I didn't even get to the console room. There were enough enemies in the first few rooms of the map.

Also, most infested are melee units, so they always run up to you, instead of hiding and taking cover like grineer, corpus and corrupted ranged units.

Well I completed the challenge but not how I wanted lol.

First of all I think for a mobile defense your kills will not count as long as you are defending a console.  Once the timer is gone, the kills started counting again.  

So I was in a mobile defense - infested.   My plan was to melt everything while stuck to a wall...  Unfortunately WoF didnt have the range for that.. but I was in a nice two story tile so I had some room to wall jump.  I tried to kill stuff with WoF but I had to be super low to the ground.  Eventually I ran out of energy lol.  So then I just started using my ignis wraith.  Luckily infested keep trickling into the room and I got the kills.  But I would hope a few times/latch and shoot,  hop a few times,  latch and kill.   

• Like 1

I theory crafted a solution to this the other day and it's very easy. Enemies do not ever raise an alarm in Crossfire missions, go to Lua Plato, equip Patagium mod on Equinox, Ember, whatever nuke frame you feel like etc, find a big room full of enemies, grab the wall and activate your nuke and you will unlock it in seconds. Before this I used Ivara noise arrow to attract a group while stealthed plus artemis bow or Loki wall latch passive hopping from room to room and it was annoying lol.

Edited by Zilchy

On 2019-09-21 at 12:56 AM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

survival starts by setting off an alarm lol.  

Ah sorry my bad.. I missed that part. I think void/lua have no alarms so you can try there.. I dont think I've seen that specific condition on the wall cling challenge before, so it will probably need to be an exterminate..

On 2019-09-20 at 10:29 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

that's an easy challenge. i always do it

Bring ember, go to an infested low level mobile defense

go near a station, do not put the key inside so u won't raise an alarm

activate WOF, and keep jumping on a wall without hitting the floor.

Job done

PS: the infested will follow you so no need to worry how to look for them

and do not activate WOF unless u wanna start jumping

There's a way to complete these challenge pretty easily, you just have to bring Loki, solo, on Extraction mission, Venus.

You wall latch close to the first extractor and wait for the enemies that will inevitably gather and shot at the objective. You can "refresh" the wall latch by jumping higher on the wall before latching again if needed. Bring an AOE weapon like Zarr to make it easier.

Extractors are always on open area so it's pretty easy to find big wall or tower to wall latch onto.

Once the riven is completed, finish the single extractor and get out.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze