Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In hard mission i always use the same 3 weapon

Alasthor14

I have like 80 weapons i keep because i like them but when in a group if i use them i get 5% of the kill it would be cool to be able to use more weapon.Or have more overpower weapon it a shame with that diversity that you only use 5 at best most weapon are mastery fodder or you can solo with then but that's it.

Well, there are many viable weapons for high-end content. You just need to invest into getting more mods, ranking them up and slapping forma on your weapons. I use MK-1 gear in sorties just for fun sometimes. Bad weapons don't exist, not enough investment and powercreep does.

44 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

I am very confused on how the Lato is your most used secondary when it's not even at maxed rank. How d'you pull that off?

Those "most used" stats consider the number of missions you made with them vs the total missions you have done since the 1st second, instead of kills done. Otherwise, my own "most used" would've changed a long time ago.

Since the "Total mission number" is always increasing as long as they start anything, well...

8 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Those "most used" stats consider the number of missions you made with them vs the total missions you have done since the 1st second, instead of kills done. Otherwise, my own "most used" would've changed a long time ago.

Since the "Total mission number" is always increasing as long as they start anything, well...

That make sense now, but it still baffles me. I mean you would think that the Lato, gone through so many missions compared to the other secondaries, should at least be at max rank by now. 

And it would, if the thing tracked kills made. I was confused at first because I have like 50x (don't really know how much exactly) more kills with Umbra than Excal, yet Excal is still my "most used" warframe, and I stopped using the Carrier when Diriga was released and that was... way back... and Carrier's still my "most used" Sentinel.

The only explanation for it is that it tracks based on "missions made with vs total missions ever". But yeah, its exactly what you said. After so many missions, that's the least expected from Lato lol

I'd be much more apt to think it's a total of your mission hours and not missions done. If I went off of missions, then I'd have done 3505.664 missions with Rhino, and with Rhino Prime, I have done 3313.948.

I have 27,388 completed missions. These 2 frames have 12.8% and 12.1% respectively. I haven't used Rhino since Prime came out, and while this may be the way it adds up your most used, I am pretty positive I have done 2-5x the amount of missions with Prime vs Non Prime.

If it went off mission hours, that'd make more sense to me because I have completed a lot of missions with Rhino Prime, but far faster. I'm sitting at 5843 mission hours. 12.8% used going off the mission hours is 747.904 while 12.1% comes up to being 707.003 hours.

Obviously it isn't kills because Excalibur Prime has nearly 600,000 kills while neither of these Rhino variants have over 60k My Excal is 3rd most used frame to clarify. 8.1% used.

Same thing with my melee weapons. The top 2, have a lot of usage, but the 2nd most used, has surely been to more missions than the first. But because of the same thing with Rhino Prime, I have done missions far faster with it than the other.

I'd be very interested in knowing which the game actually used in it's math to appoint the most used gear piece.

The take away from this; is simply how many hours did he actually run around with a lato, playing solo. You cannot rank a weapon you're not using while playing by yourself.

Edited by Alcatraz
  • Like 1

To be frivilous, to the original poster.

Yeah, it's always going to be that way as far as I'm concerned, most of warframe's gameplay is sufficiently homogeneous to enable this few weapons to rule them all meta, the only deviation I really have from this is when I want to use fluctus on hydron with my saryn.

Though lately there have been some new weapons coming out that effectively compete with the previous "best in slot" so there is some hope for weapon diversity.

But ehh, warframe's always been this way, and it'll continue to be that way for the forseeable future. (although it has gotten better, I remember when brakk and acrid were NO.1 weapons, at least the best weapons can be contested)

• 3 weeks later...

I just use what I like. 

I tend to like what works across a variety of situations. 

When it comes down to it there are about a dozen weapons I go to when the going might get a little dicey. Otherwise, I just use what I find fun.

Primaries are where the work gets done, but I tend to run either the BratonP or Prisma Grakata if nothing in particular is required. More dakka is more better. The latter is especially ferocious and, yes, there's a riven involved. 

Secondaries almost don't matter to me. They're there for fashion as much as anything. There are a few exceptions and I have been fond of the Twin Gremlins for a very long time (back when they had armor ignore...), so the PTGs tend to get chosen a lot just because--and they're very powerful weapons. More dakka, etc. 

Melee...eh. Several 'frames require stat-sticks, so that's what they use. Otherwise, see secondaries. Often they're chosen for visuals, but there are a few I'm fond of just because. The DKP fall under that category and I'll often run them when I don't have anything specific in mind. A few 'frames can accelerate melee attacks hugely. Those I tend to go with slow, hard hitting weapons because they don't stay slow for long and the hitting only gets harder. 

Lastly, there are warframes that aren't particularly weapon dependent. They can run whatever and still get the job done because of what they themselves bring to the party. 

There are a lot of weapons in the game. A lot I simply don't like, no matter how good or poor they may be. I use what I like and use the better guns from what I like when I expect things to get exciting. Simple as that.