The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible to get prime relics/parts (without buying with plat) when they are vaulted?

Felix626Stix

Question

I was just curious if when prime frames are vaulted if it's possible to aquire the relics with thier parts and unlock them to get the blueprints, neuroptics, etc... Because I'm trying to get Saryn Prime, and as she's being vaulted soon, and I don't get to play often I don't want to not be able to get her. So I was wondering if that way of acquiring her is time imperative?

16 answers to this question

I was just curious if when prime frames are vaulted if it's possible to aquire the relics with thier parts and unlock them to get the blueprints, neuroptics, etc... Because I'm trying to get Saryn Prime, and as she's being vaulted soon, and I don't get to play often I don't want to not be able to get her. So I was wondering if that way of acquiring her is time imperative?

Yes, sort of.  What happens with vaulting is that the relics are removed from circulation.  They're not removed from inventories.  Basically, they become impossible to re-acquire, but you can still run that particular reward table.  So if you got some Saryn relics stockpiled, you can absolutely run them even after the Prime Vault closes and takes these two back to the attic for three more years.

1 hour ago, SerpentorPrime said:

the relics will be in peoples inventories, until they are used.

the whole point of the unvaulting is that its a timed release. sadly if you havemt gotten the bits you need just yet... plat is the only way, other than chasing random relics in relic missions.

So after she is vaulted i cant even get the relics? So i have to get the relics now then crack them later? So it IS kinda time imperative.

1 hour ago, Aeon94 said:

Relics will be vaulted and you will no longer able to farm them till next unvaulting.

You can get parts from your farmed relics even after unvaulting ends.

So after she is vaulted i cant even get the relics? So i have to get the relics now then crack them later? So it IS kinda time imperative.

54 minutes ago, Sintag said:

Yes, sort of.  What happens with vaulting is that the relics are removed from circulation.  They're not removed from inventories.  Basically, they become impossible to re-acquire, but you can still run that particular reward table.  So if you got some Saryn relics stockpiled, you can absolutely run them even after the Prime Vault closes and takes these two back to the attic for three more years.

27 minutes ago, Felix626Stix said:

The relic stay but the items it drops are changed in the relic description. Therefore Saryn and Valkry, Venka and Spira parts will be replaced with the next two unvaulted frames and weapons. There are only specific relic to farm specific farms and weapons. For example, Primed Volt, Aklex, and Akvasto. These relics are only from Baro Kiteer I believe.

Edited by kwlingo

7 hours ago, kwlingo said:

The relic stay but the items it drops are changed in the relic description. 

The relics stay the same. When primes are vaulted,  the relics that contain these prines are removed from drop tables so you can no longer find them.  The ones players already have stay in inventory until opened or traded.

15 hours ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

The relics stay the same. When primes are vaulted,  the relics that contain these prines are removed from drop tables so you can no longer find them.  The ones players already have stay in inventory until opened or traded.

They are asking if they can crack them later. Yes but the rewards will be different. Except special event relics

54 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

They are asking if they can crack them later. Yes but the rewards will be different. Except special event relics

Im telling you the rewards from relics don't change. You can even check the wiki. You can also go to the codex in game to see what's in your relic before and after the vaultings. My rhino relics still have the same items...

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

Yes but the rewards will be different.

Yeah... that's not how this works. They put new relics out if something in the relic pools is not getting vaulted. That's why some prime parts have 10 relics they are in and other are only in like 2-3.

Relics will always be the same and work the same. The only difference is if that relic can be given as a reward from a mission. (vaulted vs not vaulted)

Edited by Zelmen

Without using plat, your options are very limited for acquiring a currently vaulted frame. In theory, you could find someone willing to trade a relic for a relic, or a primed part for a primed part. However, in my experience, very few are willing for a direct trade and would much rather receive plat. 

Excluding trading, your only option is to get the relics now and open them when you can.

On 2019-09-28 at 3:45 PM, Felix626Stix said:

Vaulted itens come back some times, I think DE changed how is it going to work, but dunno how. Now, you can get Saryn and Valkyr Prime for some time, and there are some weapons that I forgot, these relics are easy farmable on Certus/Fortuna bounties, and finding party for them might take some time or not, depends on your region.

Vaulted relic usually comeback on Bounties or void, when it is on bounties, it is easy to get them, but when it is on void, it sux so much.

TL,DR: You can wait for the unvault or buy them.

As others have said once vaulted you cannot get any more of the relics but can open relics you collected before they were vaulted. However, you don't necessarily have to BUY platinum to get the parts later. You can also trade for them. Some people will only take plat but you might find someone willing to take trades for different Prime parts. If not, you can always sell some of your other prime parts (or even rare mods, Rivens, etc.) for plat then use that to buy the Saryn parts from someone else.

You can probably get her fastest through selling stuff for plats. Even if you have 2 hours maxed to play or less, I wouldnt think 80p (current price for saryn prime in warframe market) is that hard to farm if you just break relics or farm some mods. You can even probably get her cheap if you snipe deals per part.

Shes definitely worth the plats considering getting vanilla saryn is near the end node of the starchart.