Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How did you build your Pathocyst?

(XBOX)OCCULTIIVIZM

I built mine for Crit and status. When deciding on what to go for I saw that its IPS was focused more on slash, so I went for a bleed build.

F9-A1-E542-B9-EC-4606-89-CC-645629463128

I felt as though no other elements were needed. I did however polarize it 2 more times prior to the screenshot to fit in another status mod (Voltaic Strike) for extra status chance, damage and crowd control. The highest I’ve seen it bleed for is +21k/sec.

59 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

damn with that attack speed my pizza will be here before the first swing. Why is it so bad, Im putting all attack speed mods on it for sure, or you know mr fodder and use cerata or glaive prime.

You have you use it while dual wielding to mitigate the slow attack speed. It’s really not bad at all, best glaive imo thus far. Doesn’t need a riven to be good either.

• Like 1

Considering its one of the 3 slowest melee weapons in the game, you aren't gonna get combo counter to make bloodrush matter as it is horrible for combos, its horribly slow for throwing on melee equip and only has usable throwing speed on dual wield, at most you would build it for some status application.

I built mine for mostly Status with Corrosive/Viral/Blast with CO and use it for normal Melee Attacks. It’s charged throwing attacks is pointless imo and CO makes it strong enough to deal with a lvl 155 Bombard and Manic Bombard. I had to use Zero Formas to make that build work with Primed Pressure Point and Primed Fury since i put in Drifting Contact into it. DC for the Ckmbo Duration since it tends to do not that much Damage when it loses it’s Combo Counter. 

Edited by GPrime96

It is acceptable for dual wield, 

Pure melee is kinda slow to be effective. 

The maggot spawns are interesting. 

I find it's surprisingly good as a hybrid with throws and then melee attacks once you close the distance. 

Of course, I had to use it to fight Vay Hek and have him scream "TENNO MAGGOTS!" While there were ten maggots. 

Yes, worth it. 

9 hours ago, Diavoros said:

Considering its one of the 3 slowest melee weapons in the game, you aren't gonna get combo counter to make bloodrush matter as it is horrible for combos, its horribly slow for throwing on melee equip and only has usable throwing speed on dual wield, at most you would build it for some status application. Here’s a clip of the build pictured above in action.

Pathocyst performance - 1 forma.

7 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

I built mine for mostly Status with Corrosive/Viral/Blast with CO and use it for normal Melee Attacks. It’s charged throwing attacks is pointless imo and CO makes it strong enough to deal with a lvl 155 Bombard and Manic Bombard. I had to use Zero Formas to make that build work with Primed Pressure Point and Primed Fury since i put in Drifting Contact into it. DC for the Ckmbo Duration since it tends to do not that much Damage when it loses it’s Combo Counter. 

The answer is a hybrid build. 15% is nothing to sleep on when we have the sacrificial mods, blood rush and drifting contact. When combined it’s viable for a hybrid build. Or you could run your status build with drifting contact. If you want to keep your combo multiplier up.