Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread is underrated

Chrypsis

Am I the only person that thinks the dread bow is incredibly underrated? I mean, its got really, REALLY high crit multiplier/chance, and above average damage (In my opinion.) I think that if you modded for damage/multishot and gave it insane crit boosts with a critical chance/damage riven it would be really good in 15hour survivals (granted you aren't doing grineer).Dread2.png

it's pretty overrated, since people have been harping about how it's an "amazing Weapon for applying Slash Status" for years when that's nonsense because it shoots slow with a so-so Status Chance.
hilariously, Dread got an upgrade in applying Slash Status when Hunter Munitions came to exist.

but now that Dread Rivens are usable, you could get a Riven with Status Chance and that would help Dread be relevant as a Slash Status Weapon.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

it's pretty overrated, since people have been harping about how it's an "amazing Weapon for applying Slash Status" for years when that's nonsense because it shoots slow with a so-so Status Chance.
hilariously, Dread got an upgrade in applying Slash Status when Hunter Munitions came to exist.

but now that Dread Rivens are usable, you could get a Riven with Status Chance and that would help Dread be relevant as a Slash Status Weapon.

This.    So much THIS.  Especially the bolded part about low status chance.  The Dread's low status chance is one of the reasons the Daikyu actually has more slash procs than the Dread.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

Back before any of this status vs crit meta nonsense, Dread was actually a very widely used weapon. If you got one then you had a nice solid single target weapon, perfect for assassinations. But now that all these crit mods have come out, like munitions, argon scope, and bladed rounds, Dread has fallen to the wayside to weapons like Rubico Prime and Vectis Prime, and even the Daikyu ever since its recent buff.

• Like 1

in a game where  enemy come like zombies there not a lot of player who would like to shoot one enemy at a time  when u can nuke a room ya it does lot of damage but in later match armor striping is important but after striping armor any weapon will do high damage

Dread was king of bows for a long time. It was never underrated.

Unfortunately with the addition of Hunter's which Dread gets less value from since Hunter's prevents double Slash procs and Dread also getting the least stat buffs out of all the bows in the recent rework I fear Dread is no longer the king. It got a Charge Speed buff a while back which finally ended the annoying Rakta Cernos Vs Dread debate for good but recently Daikyu now hits for 700 f*&*(^ damage for some reason so that's pretty much game set.

I'd be interested to try a -%Impact Rakta Cernos or -%Puncture Paris Prime but outside that it's pretty much Lenz and Daikyu at this point.

On 2019-10-03 at 6:17 PM, taiiat said:

I've actually got a riven like that: +109% tox, +107% status, +122% crit damage. That plus 3x dual stat mods (corrosive & cold) gives you a status chance of 77.8% before multishot - not quite the 100% you'd want for such a slow firing weapon, but I suppose it might be good enough.

37 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

not quite the 100% you'd want for such a slow firing weapon, but I suppose it might be good enough.

~95% probability to apply a Status Effect with 2 Projectiles sounds plenty good enough to me. and you could have spicy Gas there, too.