Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dungeons in Warframe?

(XBOX)FOTUS Spectre

You know, I personally wish there was a dungeon system in Warframe. Don't get me wrong, love the game always ❤️ but still. It'd be super cool to have dungeons that we can delve into, fight bosses, explore around in some dark catacombs or something and get cool loot like unique mods or weapons/warframes. I've always been one that LOVES dungeons which why I'd personally love if D.E. added a dungeon system to the game. What do you guys think of the idea?

On 2019-10-06 at 10:26 AM, TzXtetriC said:

You mean dungeons like destiny 2 strikes? 1-4 players, coop matchmaking ?

No like Destiny 2's brand new dungeon activity which is basically a 3 person (or for warframe normal 4 person) raid in which you literally delve into a DUNGEON, fight bosses, can explore the dungeon and etc which you couldn't really do in normal raids. Something like that for warframe in the warframe way lol.

• Like 1

On 2019-10-06 at 10:22 AM, EdinaMonsoon said:

i'd love that! fully cooperative looting, various classes that take on the classic roles of mage, paladin, warrior etc with skills that can be upgraded quickly using a coin system or mini-boss drops, little puzzles to access new/secret parts of the level

Exactly!! That would be awesome!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (XB1)l 302s l Kenshi said:

No like Destiny 2's brand new dungeon activity which is basically a 3 person (or for warframe normal 4 person) raid in which you literally delve into a DUNGEON, fight bosses, can explore the dungeon and etc which you couldn't really do in normal raids. Something like that for warframe in the warframe way lol.

Could be nice, but sadly its never gonna happen

We need this. WF is suffering an "on-basis" content drought, and Destiny's new partial F2P model is pushing DE to make some content quick, or else they're gonna be losing users quick. 

Destiny 2 already topped Warframe's records the day it launched in F2P, which isn't good. SO, dungeons in Warframe could be a good thing, where the player is dropped into a mission where the dungeon is occurring. Maybe DE throws in some spicy hot content, like the Zealot Prelate, or the new Kuva Liches. Note that I said like, not the same as the original concept. Doing that would make the game feel washed, like it's going nowhere. Where I'm going with this is Warframe's dungeon system has to feel either new or unique to both veterans and new players, like only Warframe can give this experience to the player. Maybe someone finally figured out how the Corrupted transform, discovering information on how the Void works. Something like that, maybe. Then they start messing around with their weapons and/or Infested biologies, infusing them with the energy of the Void over threefold, creating some sort of new breed of enemy we have to figure out how to defeat. Then again, Warframe is expandable. We have the enemies to create an awe-filling experience. We just need to get to a starting point, and expand from there.

I think this is a shortsighted idea

First, what is the background story behind these dungeons? Also as the loot, do you think it will be worth the time and slot? If it's not any better, it may be just be there for collection and nothing else, then it's just an abandoned place.

Second, dungeons to delve into and fight bosses, doesn't that sound like assassination missions? Even you can explore the map if you want so there's little to no need to make dungeons just for that.

On 2019-10-06 at 10:22 PM, EdinaMonsoon said:

i'd love that! fully cooperative looting, various classes that take on the classic roles of mage, paladin, warrior etc with skills that can be upgraded quickly using a coin system or mini-boss drops, little puzzles to access new/secret parts of the level

Here's a small thing you missed in warframe, we're not limited to only one class of mage, paladin, warrior etc. As a trinity I can fill the role of support with damage reduction, healer with energy and health restoration, a warrior with ability to tank the hardest hit with link and blessing and that's just one character, there are still more than 20 characters to set so how do you force a flexible character into just one class?

Then, with how strong we are, how important the cooperative will be? Then, with skill upgrades using coins, drops, whatever, how do you want to make it less of a grind? That sounds like a repetitive grind of getting coins or drops which I remind you, is something despised. Perhaps you remember the kuva for rolling riven mods?

17 minutes ago, (XB1)not keremal said:

WF is suffering an "on-basis" content drought, and Destiny's new partial F2P model is pushing DE to make some content quick, or else they're gonna be losing users quick. 

Is it really "on-basis" content drought, or just people refusing to play existing content for millions of excuses? Why don't you go to orb vallis and fight the orb mothers? Why don't you fight eidolon while waiting for new content?

As far as I see, destiny f2p model is an insult to f2p. 4 season pass that you need to pay for content, still retaining DLC model even after the split from Activision so my hunch was right, Activision did nothing wrong. And they have all the coverage all the time. Even "Where is Xur" is posted over and over, if we have this "Where is Baro" articles every time he visits, warframe would get the news coverage

22 minutes ago, (XB1)not keremal said:

Destiny 2 already topped Warframe's records the day it launched in F2P, which isn't good.

You know why? Because warframe doesn't have mandatory "open steam to play the game". I downloaded warframe from the official site, which doesn't require me to boot up steam every time I play so does steam count people like me?

24 minutes ago, (XB1)not keremal said:

Where I'm going with this is Warframe's dungeon system has to feel either new or unique to both veterans and new players

And how do you make this? At best content we get just dismissed as "a week or two worth of content". If we want to look at how things hold out for so long, it's always RNG and massive amount of grind with abysmal drop so you will grind forever for that best drop until they add more, which may may not make your hard grinded gears obsolete. Perhaps more riven mod like system with reroll materials is your liking?

• 2 weeks later...

wait shouldn't this should be in concept or either feedback, why is it on other topic?  *sigh* back to the main subject.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dungeons sound good for it should reduce amount of "Open World" or either that it be too vast to load in, but warframe dungeon we already are familiar with it already for mission is like a dungeon like "dungeon and dragon" board game which it is customizable size what are given already which the design is already implanted into the game already but not likely the game is the same like the board game which it is fast regenerate quicker to have as a room, that why all the stages aren't both the same, so mission mode is your dungeon mode except for it is called mission instead but I understand if player wanted dungeons that doesn't change the room and stay as put it is then I cannot blame them what they ask for such request from the dev to have a dungeon to loot something in there.  A arcane would been nice thou in the dungeon.

On 2019-10-05 at 11:50 AM, (XB1)l 302s l Kenshi said:

You know, I personally wish there was a dungeon system in Warframe. Don't get me wrong, love the game always ❤️ but still. It'd be super cool to have dungeons that we can delve into, fight bosses, explore around in some dark catacombs or something and get cool loot like unique mods or weapons/warframes. I've always been one that LOVES dungeons which why I'd personally love if D.E. added a dungeon system to the game. What do you guys think of the idea?

I'd love me some Dungeons! 

Those dungeons could be ancient training facilities Tennos used to master their arsenal and were run by cephalons. They went nuts because the dungeons weren't used for such a long time. K-Drive and  Archwing races, time and weapon limited challenges... it would be fun. Lets say we make them Clan-Members-Only. Would boost the clan activites, right? After completing floors we could obtain lore pieces or lets say artifacts to show off in the dojo?

On 2019-10-18 at 10:14 AM, (PS4)Neltran said:

Those dungeons could be ancient training facilities Tennos used to master their arsenal and were run by cephalons. They went nuts because the dungeons weren't used for such a long time. K-Drive and  Archwing races, time and weapon limited challenges... it would be fun. Lets say we make them Clan-Members-Only. Would boost the clan activites, right? After completing floors we could obtain lore pieces or lets say artifacts to show off in the dojo?

I could definitely dig that!

So like, you need a key to get in, and it's an onsaught variety mission such as survival or defense at which there are checkpoints to extract, but also better rewards awaiting until the end? Like first few rooms cleared, "oh fun, a low-value ayatan," and if you complete the final assassination, "WHAT? A SPECIAL BRATON THAT SHOOTS OPTICOR LAZERS AND MAKES ENEMIES INTO BALLOON ANIMALS!? THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!"? something like that? 

6 hours ago, (PS4)lordofthenight03 said:

So like, you need a key to get in, and it's an onsaught variety mission such as survival or defense at which there are checkpoints to extract, but also better rewards awaiting until the end? Like first few rooms cleared, "oh fun, a low-value ayatan," and if you complete the final assassination, "WHAT? A SPECIAL BRATON THAT SHOOTS OPTICOR LAZERS AND MAKES ENEMIES INTO BALLOON ANIMALS!? THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!"? something like that? 

Now if they added a Braton like that, that'd just be too OP lol. But the idea ain't bad bro 

Am 28.10.2019 um 05:33 schrieb (PS4)lordofthenight03:

When it comes to the tasks I think Warframe has much more freedom then other games; simply because of all the possibilities our arsenal offers us and the movement per se. Remember the Mastery Trials? Make them more difficult and longer to clear. Make teamwork essential and you are good to go. There could be such a braton as mentioned as a reward, but simply to not make it way too op it could have a malus or a debuff on certain stats. Just imagine you would not have to reload your braton-laser-ballon-rifle: every shot additional to the magazine consumes energy or healt or shield.

• 1 year later...

Hi people,

I'm new to warframe and have been grinding hard for two weeks now. At first I love everything about the game, with each platnet I unlocked, more new level design and stronger enemies and stuff. But after playing for a while, and invested some plat in it, I feel that the game is repetitive. Now i only log in and browse the trading chat or go to survival mode to level up my new weapons or frames.

My problem with WF right now is: we have bunch of cool warframes with different strategies but the game is just one-dimensional. Sometimes I just wanna chill and play stealth with Ash or Ivara but the only way to beat the level fast is to bullet jumping with heavy aoe weapon. And even if you go gun blazing like that, Lotus still tells u that "Nobody knows your here". 

So I think dungeon ideas or some special level might refresh the experience. Imagine a dungeon raid that the whole clan can join, a big battle with an entire Grineer army from ground soldier to heavy spaceships in the sky. And the only way to beat it is to have your whole clan work together with strategy, who will be the tank Rhino, who will get in the necramechc or who will fight in the sky with archwing. Oh and what if there's a special level where a whole team go gun blazing at one part of the ship with Octavia to distract the enemies while one stealth dude Ash on the other end infiltrate the ship to stealth data or something, and they must not know about it (means that if you break your stealth the game will punish you hard).

The only way to make every warframe viable and cool and refresh the game experience is to create more complex level design and dugeons that requires more complex strategies. 

That's all from me. Im back to browsing the trade chat now

Edited by antoniongn

Am 5.10.2019 um 12:50 schrieb (XBOX)FOTUS Spectre:

added a dungeon system to the game. What do you guys think of the idea?

well to be honest i think that are the missions already and i dont like the idea since it sounds like the open areas with extra steps

or maybe like the raids of the old days but they where to DEs statements so buggy that they needed to be removed