Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paracesis: What's next?

inappropriatename5877

This weapon came as a surprise to many of us, requiring a quest and 1000 ducats, and like 5 formas for max rank, but it's just sitting there in the arsenal looking semi-pretty. Sure it is most likely necessary for the New War arc, but you'd think that the "Sentient Slayer" would see a bit more action in the game, especially when it comes to...sentients. Most players that are done with the Lua sentients' shenanigans have next to no reason to use the weapon. We do not even know its intended purpose. You'd think that the "Sentient Slayer" would work wonders on the Eidolons, but that's not the case. It does not damage their shields, and the damage it deals to them in the final phase is negligible,thus making it yet another non viable weapon for Eidolon hunting.

My proposal would be to either increase the damage Paracesis deals to Eidolons so people without 5 forma'ed Lankas and Rubico Primes can still deal some damage to it, or have it affect the shield in some way, like making it more susceptible to void damage, or damaging it outright. That way, people can have an alternative to amps. I know the whole Eidolon / Sentient thing is supposed to revolve mainly around the use of operators, but you can't just introduce a sentient slaying oriented weapon that is useless for anything else other than battalysts and such.

The quest to obtain the weapon was meant to be a prologue for The New War quest, which DE is still working on, similar to how there was the Apostacy prologue you needed to do in order to unlock The Sacrifice.

Paracesis will find some usefulness in the quest, I'm sure.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 5

The reason why it has no purpose for now is because we don't fight sentients very often. As soon as we start fighting sentients, it should find more use.

Remember, Ballas pretty much says it will be useful in the coming conflict, not in what we do now (or at least that's how I interpreted it).

Also, its bonus typically works against Amalgams, and was great against the Wolf. So it's not like it has absolutely no use cases.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

5 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

its bonus typically works against Amalgams

Oh hey didn't know that, but still, Amalgams die in like one shot from a Catchmoon Kitgun, so there's that.

6 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

we don't fight sentients very often

Eidolon hunts happen every hour or so, and they are the strongest sentients to date.

25 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Paracesis will find some usefulness in the quest, I'm sure

I'm sure of that as well, but it's weird that it works against almost anything sentient and not the sentients we kill most often (Eidolons). Hell, the Paracesis cannot even kill Vomvalysts, it just reverts them to their spectral form (or whatever that form is, the one where you have to use the operator beam to kill them)

vor 30 Minuten schrieb -AoN-CanoLathra-:

Remember, Ballas pretty much says it will be useful in the coming conflict, not in what we do now (or at least that's how I interpreted it).

That tho is only a story point, gameplay wise it can not be useful at all, considering DE not wants people locked out due certain equipment needed, locking your variety down.

Also on the things stated ingame, as example:

"Despite Nakak claiming RevenantIcon272 Revenant's power would be needed to combat it, the Warframe has no bearing on the Ropalolyst fight. "

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mask_of_the_Revenant

So quest stuff or quotes you should not take for full, i mean we have also random quotes from our Operator just trowen in in the worst possible moments or unfitting everytime as bad example.

1 hour ago, inappropriatename5877 said:

You'd think that the "Sentient Slayer" would work wonders on the Eidolons, but that's not the case. It does not damage their shields, and the damage it deals to them in the final phase is negligible,thus making it yet another non viable weapon for Eidolon hunting.

Under normal circumstances...

Spoiler

Which these are not. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Sevek7:

My Friend, I think you have unintentionally misinterpreted the OP. The post is about possible cool effects that a quest weapon can have, consistent with its theme. Not a statement that meta should be expanded for some enemy types and not expanded for others. I hope this clears up the confusion!

I think the OP can spek for himself and doesn't require people laying words into his mouth.

Also, I think your are simply wrong, since the Catchmoon does not have any special effect on Amalgams either, placing it in the very same category as Lanka and Rubico, are plain old META weapon.

17 hours ago, Walkampf said:

Are you even aware how you directly contradict yourself within these two satements? 

Why is it OK for the Catchmoon to be a META weapon, but when it comes to the Lanka and the Rubico you want more alternatives?

The Catchmoon was but an example. Amalgams die in like two-three shots max with almost any well built weapon, while Eidolons do not. Amalgams exist in a mode where there is no set meta,as everything (except the demolysts) dies quite quickly, no matter your loadout. Eidolon hunts on the other hand, almost require a Lanka or a Rubico prime, as any other weapon deals negligible damage. And since in the last phase, Eidolons get damaged wherever they are hit, I merely wanted the Paracesis to live up to its name, and be offered as a viable alternative to Lanka - Rubico prime.

Paracesis
Attack Speed 0.917

31.7 Impact, 11.5 Puncture, 100.8 Slash.

Total Damage 144.0 ( 70% Slash)

Crit Chance 31%, Crit Multiplier 2.6x

Status Chance 12%

Other Attacks

Slam Attack 144.0, Slide Attack 288.0 Wall Attack 288.0

Gram Prime

Attack Speed 0.8

36.0 Impact, 9.0 Puncture, 135.0 Slash.

Total Damage 180.0 ( 75% Slash)

Crit Chance 32%, Crit Multiplier 2.6x

Status Chance 32%

Other Attacks

Slam Attack 180.0, Slide Attack 360.0 Wall Attack 360.0

They are both very similar in stats, Gram have higher base damage, slight higher critical chance and higher status chance, both have 1x Multiplier for Slam attacks and both have 2x Multiplier for Slide and Wall Attacks. However Paracesis has a higher Attack speed.

We can compare each weapon slightly better by adding in all statistics that are easy to quantify

Paracesis (144+((144*0,31)*2,6))*0,917 = 238.478688
Gram Prime (180+((180*0,32)*2,6))*0,8 = 263.808

We can see that they are quite close compared to each other, and Gram Prime is considered one of the top Heavy blades. So the question more boils down to do you consider the advantages one have over the other?

Paracesis advantages: 
Slam attacks have a very powerful ragdoll effect. 

Mod capacity scales with the additional ranks, and can reach a total of 90 at rank 40 with an Orokin Catalyst installed and a matching stance mod. 

At rank 40, all attacks except the slam attack gain  Void properties against Sentients, including removing damage resistances from Battalysts, Conculysts, and Shadow Stalker, and resetting Profit-Taker Orb's shield weakness.

Each rank above 30 adds a bonus damage to Sentients.

Spoiler

Weapon Rank Sentient Damage Bonus
31 +7%
32 +13%
33 +20%
34 +27%
35 +33%
36 +40%
37 +47%
38 +53%
39 +60%
40 +60%

Or would you perhaps prefer.

Gram Prime advantages:

Slightly higher damage

Slightly Higher Critical Chance 32% instead of 31%

Higher Status chance 32% instead of 12%

Currently a much higher Riven Disposition, This is however something very likely to change in the future.

It is not a clear as clear and cut if you currently dismiss the Riven. Not saying that the Riven does not matter, currently i am using Gram Prime for that very reason, however.
If the Riven disposition were to come closer to each other  or any other change that will come once Melee 3.0 hit it may swing either way.

15 hours ago, vaarnaaarne said:

Paracesis' knock attacks cause uncontrollable levels of ragdoll, I wouldn't say knocking enemies away from your swings is an advantage. Quite the opposite, it's a possible main reason for never using Paracesis.

Or you can just play Eternal War Valkyr and be swinging so fast that you can't even see what you're hitting. You just kind of glide around through a screen of damage numbers and mastery values.

I took a screenshot for you
sci-fi matrix GIF