Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pet Stasis Rework?

(PSN)RookTheKnight

A few months ago on one of the Devstreams it was mentioned that Pet Stasis was getting revamped so that you didn't have to drag pets in and out of stasis to use them.

I have all these neat set mods for my Helminth Charger and Kubrows and whatnot, but I need my Smeeta more often than any other pet for obvious reasons. I was really, and I mean REALLY looking forward to having loadouts with different pets like we're able to do with Sentinels and MOAs, that way I could build a loadout around the Strain set or something. But I haven't heard about it since.  Is this still in the works? I really miss my Adarza but it's a pain in the ass to drag him out of stasis and screw up about a dozen loadouts.

TIA

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

What are you even asking right now. You’re talking about the stasis system then talking about how that somehow relates to loadouts. What?

What he is talking about is how ALL your pets will be available at all times. So you can have a Smeeta with your Nekros. A Helminth Charger with your Nidus. At the same time. Switching frames will switch active pets without having to freeze and thaw them.

4 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

What he is talking about is how ALL your pets will be available at all times. So you can have a Smeeta with your Nekros. A Helminth Charger with your Nidus. At the same time. Switching frames will switch active pets without having to freeze and thaw them.

Exactly this. Sorry, I failed to recap what they said on that Devstream. The idea is that you no longer would have to manually pull pets in and out of stasis, and can assign different pets to different loadouts and swap in and out as you please just like you can with Sentinels and MOAs.

I am really surprised that no moron has entered the thread yet to stay how bad an idea this is because they really enjoy caring for thier pet...

Don't forget having an ardaza cat out for your favorite boss killer.  

This is really one of those things that needs to be moved up on schedule.  It would make such a huge change in gameplay and QOL, it's more important than any other update.  

I don't care if they insist on the stupid credit drain, just take it out and let us use the dam pets and UI you developed!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, (PS4)RookTheKnight said:

Exactly this. Sorry, I failed to recap what they said on that Devstream. The idea is that you no longer would have to manually pull pets in and out of stasis, and can assign different pets to different loadouts and swap in and out as you please just like you can with Sentinels and MOAs.

Get rid of fkn DNA stabilizer BS too. It was always stupid, arbitrary, and disliked. The only people I've ever seen defend it with the tiniest shred of legitimacy (because that's all there is--a tiny shred) are the RPers.

18 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

Get rid of fkn DNA stabilizer BS too. It was always stupid, arbitrary, and disliked. The only people I've ever seen defend it with the tiniest shred of legitimacy (because that's all there is--a tiny shred) are the RPers.

This. The Kubrow/Kavat Tamagochi bullS#&$ is pointless and extraneous. Get rid of genetic decay, get rid of loyalty and you remove the need for stasis in the first place. At that point, Beast pets can be treated the same as Moas - they exist when you have them equipped, they're "in the kennel" when you have something else equipped. All this system does is introduce upkeep for no real benefit. Incidentally, upkeep which at this point has been rendered so superfluous as to be entirely pointless. There's no need to "revamp" status. Just get rid of it.

Oh, and if people want to have a pet running around the ship even though they're using a Carrier or a Helios - let people pick "Shipmate Pet" from the Incubator. That way, you can have a Kavat or a Kubrow running around and sleeping on your Nav console without having to deal with Stasis nonsense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Well DNA integrity not only gives a health bonus off the base health but also increases the amount of health the Shepards Aura gives. 100% basically doubles it.

That's more about how it's framed. It could be argued that you're fully expected to have that bonus all the time, so that when it decays you're really just being penalized. The way they have it displayed makes it look like a bonus, even if it isn't in reality. This is kind of how WoW did it back in the day with Rested Exp.

41 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

That's more about how it's framed. It could be argued that you're fully expected to have that bonus all the time, so that when it decays you're really just being penalized. The way they have it displayed makes it look like a bonus, even if it isn't in reality. This is kind of how WoW did it back in the day with Rested Exp.

Honestly, I wish the base stats of the pets was stronger than it is right now. *shrug*